Skip to main content

Michael - genuine genius, or something else?

S

sunscraper

Albrecht von Haller Medical scientist Switzerland 190
Alexander Pope Poet & writer England 180
Andrew J. Wiles Mathematician England 170
Arnauld Theologian France 190
Arne Beurling Mathematician Sweden 180
Baruch Spinoza Philosopher Holland 175
Benjamin Netanyahu Israeli Prime Minister Israel 180
Blaise Pascal Mathematician & religious philosopher France 195
Bobby Fischer Chess player USA 187
Buonarroti Michelangelo Artist, poet & architect Italy 180
Charles Dickens Writer England 180
Christopher Langan Bouncer & scientist & philosopher USA 195
David Hume Philosopher & politician Scotland 180
Donald Byrne Chess Player Irland 170
Dr David Livingstone Explorer & doctor Scotland 170
Emanuel Swedenborg " Sweden 205
Friedrich von Schelling Philosopher Germany 190
Galileo Galilei Physicist & astronomer & philosopher Italy 185
Garry Kasparov Chess player Russia 190
George Berkeley Philosopher Ireland 190
George H. Choueiri A.C.E Leader Lebanon 195
George Friedrich Händel Composer Germany 170
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz " Germany 205
Hugo Grotius Writer Holland 200
Hypatia Philosopher & mathematician Alexandria 170
Immanuel Kant Philosopher Germany 175
James Woods Actor USA 180
Johann Strauss Composer Germany 170
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe " Germany 210
Johannes Kepler Mathematician, physicist & astronomer Germany 175
John H. Sununu Chief of Staff for President Bush USA 180
John Stuart Mill Universal Genius England 200
Joseph Louis Lagrange Mathematician & astronomer Italy/France 185
Judith Polgar Chess player Hungary 170
Kim Ung-Yong " Korea 200
Leonardo da Vinci Universal Genius Italy 220
Lord Byron Poet & writer England 180
Ludwig Wittgenstein Philosopher Austria 190
Madame De Stael Novelist & philosopher France 180
Marilyn Vos Savant Writer USA 186
Martin Luther Theorist Germany 170
Paul Allen Microsoft cofounder USA 160
Philip Emeagwali Mathematician Nigeria 190 (shows that race is no issue)
Phillipp Melanchthon Humanist & theologian Germany 190
Pierre Simon de Laplace Astronomer & mathematician France 190
Plato Philosopher Greece 170
Raphael Artist Italy 170
René Descartes Mathematician & philosopher France 185
Richard Wagner Composer Germany 170
Robert Byrne Chess Player Irland 170
Sarpi Councilor & theologian & historian Italy 195
Sir Francis Galton Scientist & doctor England 200
Sir Isaac Newton Scientist England 190
Sofia Kovalevskaya Mathematician & writer Sweden/Russia 170
Thomas Chatterton Poet & writer England 180
Thomas Wolsey Politician England 200
Voltaire Writer France 190
William James Sidis " USA 200
William Pitt (the Younger) Politician England 190

George Bush 95
Warwick Capper 68

Maybe he's a genius by Big Brother standards?

Well we actually have no idea on how properly tested he was for his IQ. Why and when he was tested.

What was his score? 139? According to the Wikipedia one way of looking at it is above 140. Another is Above 180. It's a meaningless term.

He's intelligent but he doesn't at all stand out as a genius to me. He just seems relatively normal for a non idiot, which is what the BB house is normally filled with. So yeah, I don't see what's so genius about him. I think he's someone who's fairly normal intelligence for a non moron. Who is used to being around morons and so thinks he's an amazing genius.

He said he was in the top 1% but even so, that's not exactly an exclusive club. 1% doesn't make him all that unusual. Just think..out of every 100 people you know, at least one is as smart if not smarter than Michael. I agree with UAN, he's bright but not brilliant. And like UAN said, we don't know where/how he was tested. He may have tested himself online..which are notorious for not only being totally unreliable but also hoisting up scores to make people feel like they're brilliant. Even if he did have a reliably proven genius level IQ, it doesn't mean he knows what to do with it. Having a high IQ is one thing, using it is a whole different ball game.

I am too scared to get my IQ officially tested.

The thought of it coming back so low they take my drivers licence from me is just too scary to contemplate!

PT (for those of you who are acronymilly retarded, that means public transport NOT personal trainer) on the Sunshine Coast seriously sucks balls.

NB: Given the number of gay friends I have made in here, I just need to clarify, when I say sucks balls, I mean it in a bad way...

I am too scared to get my IQ officially tested.

The thought of it coming back so low they take my drivers licence from me is just too scary to contemplate!

PT (for those of you who are acronymilly retarded, that means public transport NOT personal trainer) on the Sunshine Coast seriously sucks balls.

NB: Given the number of gay friends I have made in here, I just need to clarify, when I say sucks balls, I mean it in a bad way...

I posted this in another thread on this.

I'll post it again.

It's about Mensa but applies with IQ tests.

[video=youtube;qPMKqyaXtHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPMKqyaXtHI[/video]

What do the science degrees have to do with anything?

Are you serious?!

Well let's just say, if I had any sort of degree, I would be working that fact into just about every conversation I ever have!

McDonalds Drive Thru

Operator: What can I get you today?

Me: Well not a Science Degree, because I already have one of those... Better make it a Happy Meal because nothing makes me happier than eating a Happy Meal while I gaze at my framed and mounted Science Degree...

What do the science degrees have to do with anything?
I'm smart. I picked Michael as being very smart very early on, right at the start of the 'secrets', as per my post. Michael's problem is he's smart but very lazy.

I posted this in another thread on this.

I'll post it again.

It's about Mensa but applies with IQ tests.

[video=youtube;qPMKqyaXtHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPMKqyaXtHI[/video]

That was interesting.

He is a funny guy!

To be honest, I am going to have to quickly google Mensa, because I am not 100% sure of what it is!

Ha!

Seriously!

Oh my God!

I thought Mensa was a fucking university!

Ha!

Apparently gay guys have an IQ that is 6 points higher on average, yet gay women have an average IQ that is 2 points lower on average.

Its how successful you are in life that matters, not having a high IQ. Has he invented anything, is he self-made millionaire. What has he used his genius for? He is an advertising copywriter.

Just because he has a high IQ doesnt really mean much. Its how successful you are in life. Has he invented anything, is he self-made millionaire. What has he used to genius for? He is an advertising copywriter.

I think when underestimating or criticising someone's intelligence, it is always hugely important to proof read and spellcheck, otherwise you just look silly.

I'm smart. I picked Michael as being very smart very early on, right at the start of the 'secrets', as per my post. Michael's problem is he's smart but very lazy.

People always seem less smart when they refer to themselves as smart... just saying.

As Michael himself pointed out, he scored on an IQ test high enough to put him in the genius category. I'm guessing that for his "secret" to be meaningful he sat a standard IQ test, possibly of the sort the conducted in high schools. He also made clear that an IQ score is merely a measure of potential. Opinions will vary as to whether he meets it.

There are many different kinds of IQ test. The typical sort we usually encounter involve problem solving. Well designed IQ tests of this sort may give consistent results but whether they measure overall global mental capacity is another matter. The was some research conducted a few years ago at Adelaide University into a design for an objective IQ test.

It was not an exam of logic and reasoning but a test of brain-eye coordination. The theory behind it was that the speed and efficiency of nerve fibre impulses was a more definitive way to measure the capacity for intelligence. That's not the kind of test Michael sat for.

Is Michael a genuine genius? That depends on whether you think the test he sat really can divine an exceptional natural capacity of intellect.

Last edited by a moderator:
He reminds me of a steiner school kid. They all think they are talented and gifted cause their alternative parents say they are. Gifted kids tend to have serious mental breakdowns at uni, cause they don't have to many life skills.

Back