• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

Mentions & Tags

Danny

Bulge Inspector
Awesome site donor
Ok, So I logged on this morning and there was like this mention and tags thing.. Which I get what they are, but what're they used for?

Cheers! [MENTION=29654]Dann[/MENTION]

Danny

Bulge Inspector
Awesome site donor
Oh, that's kinda cool I guess then! I kind of dig it, once I learn how to use it properly :p

Tim

All seeing pink butthole floating in space.
Staff member
Administrator
David is reading up about it. I have no idea how it works yet. I assume it's like Twitter.

eliza

I've just tagged you Tim, was testing to see what would happen and it shows as "tagged 1 thread", whatever that means. I have no idea what the point of it is yet.

Psst Tagged you too Dann :D

Danny

Bulge Inspector
Awesome site donor
David is reading up about it. I have no idea how it works yet. I assume it's like Twitter.
Well, when you go into the 'advanced' post, it lets you tag someone I just typed my name in it's like [tagged]Dann [/tagged].. but it looks very interesting :)
I've just tagged you Tim, was testing to see what would happen and it shows as "tagged 1 thread", whatever that means. I have no idea what the point of it is yet.

Psst Tagged you too Dann :D

Haha ty :p I mean it's really cool, cos then it'll save you having to go back and quote people all the time I guess :D

vid

Living #the dream
Staff member
Administrator
Yo.

It works similar to Twitter, for example you can @<username> someone and the forum will automatically convert that in to a link to their user profile and the person will receive a notification.

You should also receive a notification when someone quotes one of your posts, however no one has quoted/tagged me yet so I don't know whether it actually works...

E

Emcee

Yo.

It works similar to Twitter, for example you can @<username> someone and the forum will automatically convert that in to a link to their user profile and the person will receive a notification.

You should also receive a notification when someone quotes one of your posts, however no one has quoted/tagged me yet so I don't know whether it actually works...

quoted you for testing purposes.

vid

Living #the dream
Staff member
Administrator
Ah yes. It works. Thanks.

You'll notice the "notifications" section in the header will update if someone quotes/mentions you - just like if you were to be sent a PM.

Huzzah.

Meglos

HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK
I pressed "tag users" at the top of this thread so I got eliza, Tim & Dann, no idea how to get individual users or remove them from the list so consider yourselves tagged guys :p

toiletduck

↓ Bradley
[MENTION=7]vid[/MENTION] it works great. although if someone is constantly quoting people all the time it may become annoying, haha. oh and you look so grown up in your dp.

i like the whole being like twitter thing, although just wait until derspatz finds out about it. i bet he will tag himself all the time. hahah

toiletduck

↓ Bradley
something else i just noticed.... now under your dp it shows how many posts you are mentioned in and how many threads are tagged in.. anyway to turn that off from showing? cos i can see the idea of it turning into a popularity contest... bit like reputation

I

istantalent

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE MODS AND ADMIN FOR INSTALLING THIS!!!

Seriously, I appreciate it.