Skip to main content

Masterchef 2012

W

wynter

A search of the forum fails to bring up any masterchef threads..I don't quite know what has happened to them but they seem to be gone

Anyway..just a reminder to all that the new season starts tomorrow night! Looking forward to it :cool:

Is that the one who seems to be giving Gary a heart attack by holding the fish up in the air while she is scaling it? She looks like she's about to cut all of her fingers off..lol. I haven't noticed much of Matt Moran in the sneak peeks this year. I hope we get Matt Preston back for more episodes this year.

Yeah lol.
It's not exclusive to her as I've seen people scale fish like that before, should be interesting though.

King that is kind of a spoiler, I mean you'd think there wouldn't be too many contestants with
a Canadian accent.
:( or is this thread ok for spoilers? not sure.

Anyway, looking forward to the show tonight I hope I like it as much as I used to, MKR has set the standard high IMO

Last edited:
The show hasn't even aired the first episode yet, King. How can you spoil a (possible) final 12 member, and then say we should stay out of the thread until the show has aired? The final twelve won't be decided for a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
King, not saying you shouldn't post but how hard is it to put spoiler tags around the give away bit.

I'm predicting the adorable Muslim lady is going to be another Irmgard: Heavily advertised, then gone in the first or second episode.

It's a pain in the ass... Besides as I've said before what I posted really isn't even a spoiler...

It sort of is a spoiler if it turns out that he is in the top 12... we'll already know that he doesn't win, etc.
I know you didn't do it deliberately, it's cool that your friend did well.

I like when they called out that 18 year old. "If you want to be a chef, do an apprenticeship."

Otherwise, eh.

So is the show based in Melbourne this season?

Also, don't all the judges live in Melbourne Anyway? Or at least George and Gary do.

Only this first week is in Melbourne - shame, Melbourne is awesome :)

All three judges are from Melbourne, so from that point it would make sense to base the shoe here. But I don't know where they would film it here. The space they use in Sydney is a good one.

Well don't know the space in Sydney, but Melbourne has plenty of useful filming spaces, and huge studio thing at Docklands - but they don't want to have to rebuild would cost too much to move it to Melbourne.
Anyway, saw most of it last night - go rollerblade girl, and generally to more funky people getting through, bit sick of Julies/last winner housewives.
Did someone have Korean background? I really would like to see some different cuisines this time too, sick of Italian/Thai especially. Would love to see more South american food influences, and really interested in Korean stuff.

Well don't know the space in Sydney, but Melbourne has plenty of useful filming spaces, and huge studio thing at Docklands - but they don't want to have to rebuild would cost too much to move it to Melbourne.
Anyway, saw most of it last night - go rollerblade girl, and generally to more funky people getting through, bit sick of Julies/last winner housewives.
Did someone have Korean background? I really would like to see some different cuisines this time too, sick of Italian/Thai especially. Would love to see more South american food influences, and really interested in Korean stuff.

The lady wearing the Hijab said that one of her parents was Korean (I'm assuming it was her mother).

Kingston

Your canadian Kevin is first into the top 24

Meglos, read the spoilers. That's basically all that happened.

The lady wearing the Hijab said that one of her parents was Korean (I'm assuming it was her mother).

Yes, her mum's Korean. I LOVE Korean food, we have a Korean student at work at the moment and she has bought in 4 or 5 dishes for us to try, incredible. My local Chinatown has an awesome Korean stall that serves the best Bibimbap.

Heaps of really likable characters so far, my daughter wants the girl from Adelaide who made the Sticky Date Pudding with sauce and ice cream to open her Desert Bar in our suburb lol.

Back