Skip to main content

Limit Big Brother Diary Room entries.

eye

Practice safe sexting :)
Personally I'm sick of the diary room sessions being used as a tool by the housemates.

I'd rather they get out there and deal with shit with the other housemates.

I'd prefer they limit diary room sessions with BB to once a week or a reasonable number with respect to broadcast schedule.

As it stands it feels to me like they're in the room many times a day and because of the coverage blackout from Friday through Sunday there are accumulated entries that make it seriously diary room orientated when it is broadcast.

People like Tim and Michael in past years seemed to be BB darlings and always in the diary room.

I don't like it.

I think they use it to vent, i like to.see their true feelings about things, i think when they vent after an issue you get to see them at their most honest. Its the only way to actually see the real person, even if fleetingly. Well that's my opinion

Or let them still use the diary room after they've reached their limit but at the risk of having that footage shown to other housemates.

I'm pretty sure they must visit once per day. I am not sure how often they actually go to the diary room each day. It might be a case of bad editing that they rely on the diary room to get the story across rather than the housemates being in there too often.

I do agree that the episodes are too centered around the diary room

I remember it was a requirement at some point. Not sure if it is now. But now housemates know it's a great tool for solo screen time and to get your agenda across without interruption or contradiction. I wouldn't want to limit diary room entries.

Having too much diary room stuff in the show isn't the fault of the housemates, it's a choice of the show's producers. They are the ones deciding to include the diary room clips.

It's a way to help reveal the feelings of the housemates, their emotional reaction to situations. Sometimes it feels like a lazy shortcut, and I can't help thinking that a more skilled editor would find a way to use reality footage from the show on its own instead of cutting it with diary room footage of housemates commenting. BBUK seems to have a better mix of diary room and reality.

IMO they should be allowed to go as often as they wish to.

There is enough happening in the house for BB to show us. BB chooses to show us practically nothing.

There have been many occasions throughout the last 3 seasons where things have happened and instead of showing the actual event / conversation / argument / whatever, they show someone who saw / heard it happen, but was not directly involved / affected, talking about it in the Diary Room. I noticed in BB2012 that because Michael was a producer favorite, there were many times when the actual event or conversation itself was substituted with Michael in the DR retelling / describing it from his perspective, even if it had nothing to do with him / was none of his business.

As others have said, it's a requirement they go into the diary room at least once a day, most likely for psychological reasons. And I mean, I know for one that I would need to go in there at least twice a day for my own sanity.

It's more the fault of the producers using the diary room more like how other reality shows use their confessionals. It never used to be the way it is now.

Exactly, and I'm sure they use the DR sessions because it's easier than actually showing us what they're talking about. One camera, one on one with a HM and probably the only time in the house you can guarantee someone in the production team is actually watching what's happening as I sure don't believe they're keeping tabs on things 24/7 anymore.

Yep the editor can finish the edit quickly without having to understand what's really going on in the house.. Saves them all the pain of having to find, understand and edit the actual storyline together, this is a "cut corners if u can", "make excessive use of hype phrases" production season of big brother.

Exactly, and I'm sure they use the DR sessions because it's easier than actually showing us what they're talking about. One camera, one on one with a HM and probably the only time in the house you can guarantee someone in the production team is actually watching what's happening as I sure don't believe they're keeping tabs on things 24/7 anymore.

Which is strange because I'm sure they could get some people from this site alone who would be happy to sit in a room watching the cameras for 12 hour shifts and do it for nothing. Hell, some people would even pay to do that!

Which is strange because I'm sure they could get some people from this site alone who would be happy to sit in a room watching the cameras for 12 hour shifts and do it for nothing. Hell, some people would even pay to do that!

Hmmm...would a volunteer keep quiet if a 'turkey slap' incident happened again I wonder?

I presume that a large part of the reason why the producers have a tight iron grip on the OS site and other related content is the lack of control over the narrative they want to show on the DS, the live feed and extra content poses.

They don't want a repeat of it and that's unfortunately how they've decided to go about preventing it from happening again.

Viewers can also form their own opinions about hms and not be in agreement with how the editors choose to portray them in the DS, something that probably doesn't appeal to them either.

Back