Skip to main content

Likes/Messages ratio

Spock

Live long and prosper
Hi everyone.

I was curious as to members' likes/messages ratio.
Might give an indication of who is making high quality posts compared to those who may be just spamming.

For example, mine is 22/29. That means 22 likes per 29 messages and it gives me a ratio of 0.76.

Of course this doesn't mean very much since I've only been on here for a week or so.
I would very much be interested to know the ratio for members who have been here for more than a year.

In general, the higher the ratio, the higher the quality of your posts.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Mav
I don't pay any attention to them. It's just a little red rag that I open every so often in order to make it go away

The likes thing was only introduced within the last year, and so there are up to a decade of messages before its implimentation in the case of some users.

Also, other factors influence it, beyond 'comment quality.' For example, former housemates, or housemates families will have inflated likes.

I try not to worry about likes, just spending my time being piss funny and insightful.

I hadn't really taken much notice either but I'll post my tally considering I only started posting a few weeks ago...343 posts - 821 likes. = 2.4

I was not aware of that. Makes the whole thing pointless. My apologies.
Nah I don't think it's pointless. Just for the people who'd been here before say April/May of this year when I think it was implemented after they switched platforms. Anyone who joined after that, your initial question would work for!

But for someone like me though, the whole like system is so arbitrary. I like posts that make me think or laugh, I like posts when someone has responded to me but because I spend each morning at my son's kinder for example I can't write back at that time so I just like to let them know I've seen it and I'll be back. In the Post Your Voice thread I tried to like every single comment in there because I found it so awesome that people not only had the balls to post but how supportive and sweet everyone was.

So really I don't think they mean much because I'm sure others use them to convey different msgs too but from a numbers standpoint, yeah you'd have to stick with people from after a certain join date :)

In general, the higher the ratio, the higher the quality of your posts.
even if we had the like feature since day one this would not be true. there are many other factors that influence the number of likes a post receives. the traffic of the threads posted in, the popularity/unpopularity of the poster, the primary motivation ppl may have for liking the post, the housemate you support, and so on.

I know it's not a true reflection of post quality. Just looking for a general feeling.
For example, someone with a ratio of 12/798 may want to rethink their way of posting.
Whereas Raphael above with 821/343 is obviously doing something very right.

Wasn't supposed to be taken seriously, just another pointless activity to engage our brains with on yet another BBless Sunday night.

Reactions: Mav
even if we had the like feature since day one this would not be true. there are many other factors that influence the number of likes a post receives. the traffic of the threads posted in, the popularity/unpopularity of the poster, the primary motivation ppl may have for liking the post, the housemate you support, and so on.
It's funny because I was thinking of you when I wrote my comment right above yours.

You and I disagree about Skye from time to time but then say in the Vape thread I would've given you 90,000 likes if I could've because you just may have saved my FIL's life. I think the whole liking system isn't bad as it allows someone like me to communicate different things to people without having to post when sometimes I can't (or don't feel like it) but the tallying of likes is pointless.

Back