Skip to main content

Let's face it, Skye's got this

I'm tipping Ryan, Skye might make top 3 though.

If he can avoid nominations again for a little while then his supporters won't get voting fatigue. Considering it's mainly girls or a teenage bracket voting, Ryan is that type of guy girls crush on at high school, he's cute and a bit of a cool bad boy.

I think the gloss is slowly coming off Skye - just lately she appears to be a little bit mean and a little bit arrogant. Also I think being one of the lead singers seems to have gone to her head. Think she could easily implode much like Michael 2012 - BB is hers to lose.

Of course we are, I'd say there are more of us active on the forums to. It's pretty clear that Priya and David are the mature audience favs. The younger audience are all over Skye which means Leo gets some points there to. I think Travis is also very popular with the young audience. I personally was into him and leo for most of the show but now I am drifting more towards Priya has we get down to the business end. I don't mind Leo or Marina either tbh.

I agree to a point,but that said, I know kids who go to school with my daughter and they actually know Skye in RL and the Skye on BB, is NOT the Skye they know and they are not liking the act. As such, they are putting votes in for Aisha as a young woman they would prefer to be like. Sure, it's only 50 or so voters NOT going to Skye, but even at one vote a piece, could make a huge difference if Skye & Aisha were both up the same week. Also, there is a HUGE kiwi following of BB on the GC at least from Southport up to Logan and if they vote, undoubtedly, their votes will go Aisha's way too.

I think Skye will make top 3 and at this point I think she has a good chance to win. She has to show more of the kindness that was on display at the start. I don't really care who wins, but I like her and I am positively ancient.

I think Skye will make top 3 and at this point I think she has a good chance to win. She has to show more of the kindness that was on display at the start. I don't really care who wins, but I like her and I am positively ancient.
lots of people around here like throwing out the 'facts' that skye doesnt appeal to mature people, smart people, is only supported by tween votes and the like... but they are dead wrong imo.
firstly, i dont believe girls generally get the tween votes. cute young boys do.
secondly, most people i know personally prefer skye (young, cute, funny, entertaining) over the 'mature' (and boring) housemates. most people i know are 30+, not tweens.
sure, its a (transparent) tactic to marginalise skye, or minimise and mock her appeal, but im not really buying it.

I'm a 'mature audience' (in age anyhow) and I am a Skye fan. I hope she wins, but I doubt it. I just hope that the two annoying pretty boys- strategy David and strategy Ryan don't win. Anyone notice how Ryan seems to talk to the audience rather than to the housemates he's meant to be in a discussion with. All they ever do is back stab and gossip in order to defame their oppositions- the both of them. Yawn.

It is hers to lose and there is a real chance that she might screw this up by becoming to arrogant but I think her fan base is big enough to carry her to the final 3 and once she makes the final 3 I think a lot of the casual fans who only vote for the winner will vote for her.

For those who are saying Michael2012 and Ben2013 were early favourites and tipped to win and yet didn't, first of all that is a valid point to make, however, there were other big characters in those seasons like Layla2012, Benjamin2012, Tahan2013, and Tim2013 who were big competition. This year I don't see the same level of competition and Skye is really the only big character who is getting lots of air time. Big characters will always win in the Vote to Save system and at this stage, the only housemate/s who could be classified as a big character is Skye and to a lesser extent Travis.

It is hers to lose and there is a real chance that she might screw this up by becoming to arrogant but I think her fan base is big enough to carry her to the final 3 and once she makes the final 3 I think a lot of the casual fans who only vote for the winner will vote for her.

For those who are saying Michael2012 and Ben2013 were early favourites and tipped to win and yet didn't, first of all that is a valid point to make, however, there were other big characters in those seasons like Layla2012, Benjamin2012, Tahan2013, and Tim2013 who were big competition. This year I don't see the same level of competition and Skye is really the only big character who is getting lots of air time. Big characters will always win in the Vote to Save system and at this stage, the only housemate/s who could be classified as a big character is Skye and to a lesser extent Travis.

On the week Ben2013 was evicted, he was up against Tim, Tahan, Drew and Ed. I'd hardly call the latter two 'big characters".

I think that a woman is due to win BB this year (ch 9's only female winner?) and a lot of people are going to make an effort to ensure that one does. This pretty much leaves it up between Priya, Skye & Aisha as valid contenders, unless Marina can work some magic in the next few weeks and woo us over, which seems dubious .

Please lord and universe above - let this be wrong!!!!! I am liking her less and less as the days go on. Just to be a complete bitch, I couldn't help being blown away by how fat she looked during the "live" "singing" last night.. Was it bad costuming/lighting or has she seriously clubbed up THAT much!?
The lip syncing last night made me homicidal,

Seriously? Of all the reasons there are to dislike Skye you're going for her gaining a few kilos? Way to be even more vain and superficial than she is.

The ONLY demographic that could swallow the shit sandwich BB producers have served up in 2014 are 8 to 18 year olds

They have NO comprehension how deep a David is

They have eyes yet cannot SEE the hidden evil manipulator Priya is

They have yet to be emotionally destroyed by the antics of a Cat / Lawson

And the Hollywood Summer Bay effect of Leo, Ryan, Travis has worn off

The Aisha baby saga is frowned upon by their older siblings and parents who understand what those huge dollars will mean one day.

That leaves Skye

The bubble gum for the brain

Winner 2014

Tell me i'm wrong.
If you are right..a sad indictment on our society :(

Im no teen and i hope Skye wins. Since when do you have to be a brainiac or deep to win? Skye lets the comments of others get in her head. The reason she is confident is because all the HMs have told her shes a threat, perhaps shes just starting to believe it. Yeah shes silly but shes harmless and theres been worse winners imo

Seriously? Of all the reasons there are to dislike Skye you're going for her gaining a few kilos? Way to be even more vain and superficial than she is.

Don't get me wrong, I have a loooong list of all the things that I dislike about Skye. As you'll see in my original comment, she bothers me more and more as the days go on and her weight gain was simply a bitchy comment/observation.

I agree to a point,but that said, I know kids who go to school with my daughter and they actually know Skye in RL and the Skye on BB, is NOT the Skye they know and they are not liking the act. As such, they are putting votes in for Aisha as a young woman they would prefer to be like. Sure, it's only 50 or so voters NOT going to Skye, but even at one vote a piece, could make a huge difference if Skye & Aisha were both up the same week. Also, there is a HUGE kiwi following of BB on the GC at least from Southport up to Logan and if they vote, undoubtedly, their votes will go Aisha's way too.
Good points! I hope Skye leaves soon to be honest, it's getting old real fast with her.

At first I wanted Skye to win and I do still like her but she is getting so boring & you can tell it's starting to drain her she's just forcing it now the whole bubbly thing she's going all Sandra on us. I really want David to win now there is something about him I'm enjoying probably that if he wins it will piss off all the housemates. David has had a decent fan base throughout the game, he doesn't top the charts with votes he seems to usually be getting a moderate amount of saves which might help him as Skye fans will just get complacent and not bother voting at all.

Back