Skip to main content

Lawson looks like a ranga Andrew Gaze

Need to see side by sides, pls -- Gaze ... in the 80s ... was just mmmmmnnnnnn.... Lawson; not so much lol.

gaze18.jpg
718363-933d69cc-3821-11e4-a634-c008c164be37.jpg

He doesn't have red hair? I'm sick of people calling people with light brown hair rangas. In fact, I'm sick of anyone getting called a 'ranga' - it's an idiotic and outdated term really.

Found the ranga :p
Nope. Just find the orangutan comparison a bit silly.
As well as it often being used in a disparaging way and as a put-down. It's a term I associate with high school students (e.g. Jonah from Summer Heights High) not grown ass adults.

Nope. Just find the orangutan comparison a bit silly.
As well as it often being used in a disparaging way and as a put-down. It's a term I associate with high school students (e.g. Jonah from Summer Heights High) not grown ass adults.

Yeah, it isn't a great term. Somewhat like calling those with black hair 'Rilla ' ( as in gorilla).

First I ever heard of it was from Jonah. Never knew of the term before then, then somehow people thought it fine to use (even though Jonah is definitely not a role model).

Yeah, it isn't a great term. Somewhat like calling those with black hair 'Rilla ' ( as in gorilla).

First I ever heard of it was from Jonah. Never knew of the term before then, then somehow people thought it fine to use (even though Jonah is definitely not a role model).
Haha totally agree!
I knew of it before Jonah as unfortunately it was and is common among my demographic.
Just weirds me out flippantly it's used and how it's often said as though having red hair is a negative? Much like how 'Asian' or 'Indian' is used in Australia as a defining characteristic.

Back