Skip to main content

Is this 2008 all over again!?

2 hours ago I was in here reading this forum thinking to myself how spot on everyone is and that I totally agree.
Now after tonight's episode I'm hesitant. I really loved tonight's ep and I think if they keep it up, it might actually pull through.
But, we've all learnt not to rely on consistency from the producers...

Only expect decent episodes on Thursday nights :(

There's a fine line between seasons with too many introverts versus too many extroverts. You know - complain they're all boring, or complain if they're all OTT... I just think maybe this year, they've relied too heavily on the casting couch and mates of former cast members, which has resulted in too many housemates thinking of their careers after the game finishes versus actually being themselves... I'm still withholding judgement - last year it took me a few weeks to gel with new housemates and I ended up loving the season. I'm still gonna watch - but ENOUGH WITH THE ADS CHANNEL 9!

Failed novelty evictions...much-hyped twists dropped after a week due to their dismal failure to spark ratings...visitors from the outside...producers changing the rules more often than their undies out of pure desparation...this season smells like the 2nd coming of the abomination that was 2008, and I'm not liking it one iota!

To be honest I must prefered Big Brother 8 over what we've seen so far

That being said I preferred last years over this years and BB8, so I'm hoping that this is just a bit of a slow burner and the season picks up from here on in.

Tonight's Daily Show sparked some hope for me though.

I stopped watching in the first week. I'm still disbelieving that I haven't caved in and gone back but the more I read about it the more i'm glad i'm not watching.
I honestly never thought I would not be watching. Ever.
And i'm sad about that.

Yep. Unfortunately. I can't believe the decline it's had since last year. What is it exactly that has made this year turn out so wrong? .

It's all about the casting IMO, if they pick good housemates they don't need contrived tasks and visitors to try and grab ratings, the dramas would unfold naturally.

Another thing that put me off a little was the first week, so little time on the daily shows was spent seeing the housemates interact naturally with one another, it was all about the stupid pair task and the cash Prius and Katie took.......

I stopped watching in the first week. I'm still disbelieving that I haven't caved in and gone back but the more I read about it the more i'm glad i'm not watching.
I honestly never thought I would not be watching. Ever.
And i'm sad about that.
You really aren't missing anything.. I think I only still watch out of habit/boredom.

I only started watching this year because of the forum. I gave up BBUK a lot easier than I thought I would too. I watched a few episodes when it changed channels and gave up, except for a couple more series of CBB, then gave that up too.

Back