Skip to main content

is channel 9 killing big brother

They could have outsourced the jobs.

What would be the point of outsourcing to an Australian in China? The reason I defend the show is because I work in television here and even though the show I host is tiny in comparison to Big Brother, i still understand how hard it is and how much effort goes in to putting a show together.

What would be the point of outsourcing to an Australian in China? The reason I defend the show is because I work in television here and even though the show I host is tiny in comparison to Big Brother, i still understand how hard it is and how much effort goes in to putting a show together.

Did the Chinese government take away your humour bone.

If was a joke FFS.

Did the Chinese government take away your humour bone.

If was a joke FFS.

Yeah, to be honest it kind of has. I work for a state run channel, so... I think my funny bone has some issues that I might need to see a chiropractor about.

Is Channel 9 killing Big Brother? Well think of it this way, if there was no Channel 9 then we wouldn't have Big Brother. It was actually Channel 10 that killed Big Brother, and Channel 9 found a way to revive the show. So instead of all of this hate, why not think in a more positive way and just be happy that the show is still going. Also, why would a television network purchase the rights to a show with intentions of killing it off? Obviously Channel 9 has tried to make the show viable in a television market that is very different to television marker of a few years ago...

And let's be honest, how many Australian TV shows actually get renewed more than a few seasons? The Australian market is TINY and the fact that they can put on such a big production for such a small audience is already quite a feat in itself.

Let's see..... there was $ale of the Century, The Price is Right, Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune.... None of them except the second-to-last one are on now, but they were for a long time. Oh, and I can't forget Neighbours and Home & Away. Those have been going on forever.

Are you implying me? If so, then that would be impossible since I live and work in China.

Yes, I kind of was, but it WAS tongue-in-cheek. If I offended, I sincerely apologize.

However, whilst I can see your arguments hold water from a producer's point of view, they don't from the point of view of this "viewer".

He is right though and most other countries have killed the live feed. Also other countries that have done variation of it also have way bigger audiences! The market here is pretty small.

Yeah, to be honest it kind of has. I work for a state run channel, so... I think my funny bone has some issues that I might need to see a chiropractor about.

When Lawson entered the house, I immediately thought of that ipswich guy I used to know on youtube who knew korean. I know you've been on tv and ur le fames now but you'll always be that ipswich guy to me <3.
I was so sure that if Lawson was from QLD then he had to be related to you... But nah, perth, lol. You both have similarities tho!

But no on-topic channel 9 is really killing the most exciting part of big brother for all of us, and that's the live "anything could happen" aspects. The limited live episodes from last year were the highlight of watching, I wish they would go back to doing more live shows :(.

And now that we don't even get the live updates, it's just pitiful. :(

Nine seems to care more about The Block at this point than they do BB. Otherwise, why would BB be after The Block?

They give the impression that they are trying to kill BB. I think they are just trying to simplify and casualise it to reach a bigger audience. These early episodes seem to be more focused on drama than learning about each housemate. I also feel that making the two girls wear the 10k encourages the other housemates to create drama relating to the money situation.

They give the impression that they are trying to kill BB. I think they are just trying to simplify and casualise it to reach a bigger audience. These early episodes seem to be more focused on drama than learning about each housemate. I also feel that making the two girls wear the 10k encourages the other housemates to create drama relating to the money situation.

A bigger audience they could reach if it was on at 7:30, after A Current Affair.

The loss of gretel killed big brother. Channel 9 apparently wants to make it worse

Nah her main benefit was roles for the host which aren't really there any more.

The killing of BB is that in this day and age of better internet, social media, multi-channels they are exploiting the show for content less than before and so we aren't going into it as deep as we used to or could.

Back