Skip to main content

I'm liking this years BB

Feeds are gone, they aren't returning.

I am upset they got rid of the live updates and would like them, but I'm not going to let that wreck the show for me.

@Tim , if I didn't like the website I wouldn't be here. I like the site but never see anyone actually saying they like watching BB. So I started a thread, I am allowed an opinion. Right ?
I understand the "Feeds" are gone, but what is the reason behind NO live updates on twitter that's what I want to know. The show could be a scripted soap opera for all we know and the benefit of them being in there 24/7 isn't being shown!

I'm also loving this years BB but would like more updates. I just hope if Nine give Big Brother the axe Ten will pick it back up. They should as Ten is looking for a reality series and I think if Ten had it they would do it right and the ratings would reflect that.

I am upset they got rid of the live updates and would like them, but I'm not going to let that wreck the show for me.

@Tim , if I didn't like the website I wouldn't be here. I like the site but never see anyone actually saying they like watching BB. So I started a thread, I am allowed an opinion. Right ?

Yes, I'm glad you posted this. I reacted to your saying don't watch, when most of what people are trying to do is figure out if they enjoy this new format.

It's good to be reminded not to get so negative.

I'm still so disappointed in many of the changes they made.

I'm also loving this years BB but would like more updates. I just hope if Nine give Big Brother the axe Ten will pick it back up. They should as Ten is looking for a reality series and I think if Ten had it they would do it right and the ratings would reflect that.
Ten just signed on to do I'm a celebrity get me out of here and Shark tank next year. IF Ten were to get BB it would probably have to be rested for a year.

Big Brother has changed and no matter what channel it's on, Big Brother will never be the same as it was on Ch 10 years ago.

Reactions: MJL

Yeah see I think I'm stuck in the depression stage of my grief over this. Which is in turn amplifying of a lot of my displeasure.

Hopefully in a week I'll be able to progress to acceptance.

we can pray for it but i rekon I'm a celebrity get me out of here will tank anyways

I get that you want people to wait and see how it turns out, but I just don't not like knowing what is going to happen......
This! I am dreading big brother evictions now as the "popular" group will stay til the end! That's why I liked last years soo much, the dynamic of the game was different!

So getting back onto the Topic of this thread. If you aren't liking BB don't post on his thread take it to the many other complaining threads. Keep this for the people that actually are liking it. Thanks

I think it's a minor stepdown from last year's, so far (which wasn't that much of a good season really). Opening night was good but then I just lost interest...pretty much in the housemates and the fact that they're playing in minors is bugging me. Over half of them are not that likable really, or just boring and annoying.

Travis - Obnoxious, uptight and incredibly irritating.

Aisha - Can't stand the accent, tries way too hard to be attractive, seems too shallow (those who are "short" & not "rugged" have no chance with her) and, above all, she's extremely boring...

Cat - A more nicer Jasmine. She acts like a teacher and doesn't add anything to the house....

David - He's so out of place, kinda like Xavier was. It's like he's on the wrong show...

Lawson - I like magic and the fact he does that. But other than that, he doesn't add anything to the house too.

Gemma - Maybe she needs more airtime, but she always came across as boring.

Sam - His true colours came out with Katie the other day, though apologised just so we can like him. I think he's an arrogant guy in reality.

Jake - Had potential in day 1, but wow, now he's gotten very wooden. I expected him to be like Travis. Did they switch bodies in the house or what?

Yeah see I think I'm stuck in the depression stage of my grief over this. Which is in turn amplifying of a lot of my displeasure.

Hopefully in a week I'll be able to progress to acceptance.
The thing is, without any live feeds big brother becomes a fundamentally different show. After seeing how the U.S. version blatantly misrepresents what happens in the house and builds up characters by ignoring their bad sides and tears others down by showing their bad sides, I don't trust any edited reality show to be truthful.

An example this year is Frankie Grande. He was horrible in the house, and none of it was shown, until he turned on his ally (and did some other stuff), one of the most popular people in the history of big brother. Then, all the protection he was getting in the edit disappeared and they started showing negative clips of him. There are lots of examples of this.

It is so easy to fashion the story you want to tell, instead of what is really happening.

Edit: sorry this isn't why I like the show. Just an explanation of why the feeds matter to the show.

I think it's great that you like the season. I don't like being told that I should not complain about aspects that I don't like or that confuse me. I also don't like that the answer to not liking things about the show is to not watch it. I feel like the answer is to discuss it and maybe get other opinions.

I am missing so much the live updates that these housemates feel like strangers.

I don't like not understanding how the voting and evictions work. To me it's a problem when a show doesn't share the basic rules.

Also, I am missing the fun tasks that they had last year for the budget for food and the little contests that let people save someone, though maybe they will be back? I miss a housemate getting to choose who to take to the presidential suite.

Basically I miss all the sweet endearing stuff of just people enjoying the house.
This. All of this. Especially this... "I don't like not understanding how the voting and evictions work. To me it's a problem when a show doesn't share the basic rules"

Back