Skip to main content

I'm liking this years BB

I don't get paid a cent to say it. I am actually really enjoying it.

You all complain, I'm allowed to have my opinion like everyone else does.

Trust me there will always be people that watch it if you don't.

Firstly - You get to see more than we do

Secondly, if YOU are allowed to have an opinion, then so are WE.

Loving it so far this year. Casting is very different, the shitty graphics are getting less shitty, same goes for the set, nice is amazing, good twists.

I like it. I like the housemates. I'm just glad it's back on. I'm easy to please, I guess.

I just wish it wasn't on so late. 4:30 am comes pretty quick after 10:00-10:30 show endings. :sleep:

If they canned the stupid diary room reflections, interspersed with footage that is obviously not in chronological order I'd be fine....I could even get around the double nom pairs....I do think these hms are interesting and I liked the money situation....

Last night's show I really liked - it's pretty much the first time we've seen some lengthier conversations and could see how the housemates interract together.

I think the start of BB this year was somewhat tarnished by the fact we don't get live updates during the day, which I'm still hopeful they'll at least put extra videos up so we can see more of what goes on in there, even if they don't have it 'live' as such. Just extras they can't fit into the daily show etc would help..

All this means it's up to the editors of the tv show to keep our interest.

That said - I think that there are a lot of interesting people in there. I like a few of them already and find others interesting even when I'm not 'liking' them so it'll be intriguing to see how things pan out. I think as long as they don't let the housemates have too much freedom with regards to their strategising with each other - and still let the public vote to save (which means the couples we like most won't be in the position of having to be voted out by the rest of them) then it should be good.

Last night's show I really liked - it's pretty much the first time we've seen some lengthier conversations and could see how the housemates interract together.

I think the start of BB this year was somewhat tarnished by the fact we don't get live updates during the day, which I'm still hopeful they'll at least put extra videos up so we can see more of what goes on in there, even if they don't have it 'live' as such. Just extras they can't fit into the daily show etc would help..

I agree. Last night was the first time I didn't have to throw serious side eye at the screen.

I am seeing as much as you see.

Ive said from the beginning, I am no different to all of you. I don't work for any company related to Big Brother.

Everyone's allowed an opinion, but this thread is for those that ACTUALLY like Big Brother.

I am seeing as much as you see.

Ive said from the beginning, I am no different to all of you. I don't work for any company related to Big Brother.

Everyone's allowed an opinion, but this thread is for those that ACTUALLY like Big Brother.
....AGREE

I love Big Brother in most of it's incarnations. I like that it is still/back on our screens in Oz. I love the House renovation as a whole, I like that fact that I don't know what is coming up, and they are trying to refresh the format.
I like the mix of housemates but feel frustrated though, that 1 week in i still don't think I could name all the housemates. I also don't feel the need to watch the episodes live and keep up to date, it's like watching the US version, where you easily catch up a day or so later and not feel you are missing out.

Now that we have an idea of how the broadcast/lack of live updates/little social media presence will go this year, I really think we need a BOTS style show, (on GO! after the daily show) to keep the content of the daily show moving and fresh. And to announce polls and stuff like last night, that directly communicate with houseamtes can affect the inside of the house.
Even a panel style BB Uplate style show like the one Tony Squires hosted - I think I could even handle Mike Goldman hosting it.

Would like to see it at least once a week (after an eviction - with evictee interviews) but love it every weeknight.

This years big brother housemates seem like arseholes (in a good way) the past two years especially 2012, everyone was too nice but this year everyones a cunt

I think BB started pretty slowly this year but it has definitely started getting better since the 30 minute show on Friday, in my opinion. That isn't to say I didn't like the show! We have been watching it every episode and LOVE that it's back on. But I really do think it has become alive since Friday. The banter between everyone is getting funnier, the stories are growing organically and the girls are getting browner. All reasons why I watch the show. :)

Who's to say that none of us like Big Brother? We LOVE Big Brother, which is exactly why we take the time to criticize and analyse every aspect of the show and its production in the way that we do. If we didn't like the show, or want to watch it, we wouldn't. We give praise where praise is due, and give criticism as it is due also. Take the time to read what is being said here, and you'll see that there is plenty of praise being offered up alongside the criticism. There are things that we really love about the show this year, but there is quite a lot happening with this series that is upsetting to long time fans and it deserves to be called out. We love the show, and when you really love something, you don't blindly praise it - how else will it be able to improve and become the best that it can be? If you offer up blind praise, you encourage things you don't like to persist, and before long it will no longer resemble what you once loved whatsoever. We love Big Brother, so why should we allow it to devolve into a mediocre and inferior product, when we know it can be so much better? I don't want to allow them to think that I approve or accept everything they are doing this year, when I do not.

We want the show to reach its full potential, and at this stage it is nowhere near. I will continue to criticize the show to show in the hope that it'll discourage the things I hate, and I'll continue to praise the show in the hope it encourages the things that I love.

Last edited:
I'm starting to really like it. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get more content last week when they were on shakes. No live feeds annoy me.
The evictions intrigue me. I like the concept that we pick the pair and then the housemates decide who goes. Part of me kind of thinks it would be better though if they did this singularly and anonymously. The other part really looks forward to seeing the nominated housemates who are not kicked out face their nominees who nominated them. That will be good television.

Back