Skip to main content

I'm done... For reals this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas

Hi everyone

I just wanted to say I am done with this Channel 9 version of so called "Big Brother".

This isn't Big Brother at all but some pale imitation.

It's clear that Alex Mavkrodias and Chris Blackburn don't care what us as fans think. Obviously we are not their target demographic. They have their own agenda behind the show and turned it into a Aussie soap opera instead of a social experiment - the way show was supposed to be about. They are not BB purists at all. And think they know best. Well guys you don't!

It's stunt after stunt, edited content, lack of an uncut show with highlights of adult conversations of the week, contrived conversations set up by Big Brother, connections to former Big Brother housemates and at least not even acknowledging it (*cough* Jake is Tim's roommate). Fake, Fake, Fake. If I wanted to watch scripted content I would tune into those trashy reality shows like Jersey Shore.

They didn't listen to any of our suggestions in the thread I made earlier this year entitled "Ways to improve this year's Big Brother". However they did bring back a couch that was good however it won't save the content.
http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/ways-to-improve-this-years-big-brother.51001/

The disgusting and cruel way Gemma was evicted last night has made me open up my eyes and say yep it's time for me to go.

Why keep hoping for over 3 years that the producers will actually listen to us and make Big Brother the way it's supposed to be. Why settle for this crap?

I will still stick around in the off topic areas because I enjoy being there and lots of great people are here. So I'm not done with this place just Big Brother.

If the show ever gets picked up by another network with new executive producers I will check out the show but nope to these clowns Alex and Chris and conservative Channel Nine.

See you around.
Lucas, Big Brother watcher 2001-2014 (day 16):dead:

That was dramatic! I hoped you packed a sandwich.

To be fair, Alex and Chris have to answer to the Gynge and who knows how many network execs. It's not the best BB it could possibly be but, as you said, they gave us the couch! And it's a chunky couch.

And, to be fair, given they do steal all their host's and voiceover's best quips from here - I think they're listening; I think they're trying, within the confines of what they're allowed to do at Nine; and I think it will improve as the season goes on. I'm just glad it's on at all, after the wilderness years.

Good luck out there!

well im glad they had a live eviction but maybe Alex and channel 9 should READ THIS and understand that I want a live showdown, adults only, BB on at a better time, and live feeds back.

Cheers, a disappointed BB fan!!!

I respect your decision to stop watching. In fact I don't really understand why people continue to watch even when it seemingly causes them physical harm, by the way they carry on. To each their own though.

I just hope you actually follow through. This is quite a dramatic 'exit' post, I wonder whether we will see you continue to post about BB haha. Whilst I wouldn't have chosen to create a whole new thread to say this, I will actually be impressed if you really are 'out' for reals.

I love the show. This years bunch are a fun bunch to watch. People complained about editing in Channel 10 series. I hope it continues.
I fear that this 'hope' that seems to be so strong here that Channel 10 or even SBS would pick it up is a pipe dream! I think if this is the end on Nine, this is the end of BB. At least for quite a few years again.

Hi everyone

I just wanted to say I am done with this Channel 9 version of so called "Big Brother".

This isn't Big Brother at all but some pale imitation.

It's clear that Alex Mavkrodias and Chris Blackburn don't care what us as fans think. Obviously we are not their target demographic. They have their own agenda behind the show and turned it into a Aussie soap opera instead of a social experiment - the way show was supposed to be about. They are not BB purists at all. And think they know best. Well guys you don't!

It's stunt after stunt, edited content, lack of an uncut show with highlights of adult conversations of the week, contrived conversations set up by Big Brother, connections to former Big Brother housemates and at least not even acknowledging it (*cough* Jake is Tim's roommate). Fake, Fake, Fake. If I wanted to watch scripted content I would tune into those trashy reality shows like Jersey Shore.

They didn't listen to any of our suggestions in the thread I made earlier this year entitled "Ways to improve this year's Big Brother". However they did bring back a couch that was good however it won't save the content.
http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/ways-to-improve-this-years-big-brother.51001/

The disgusting and cruel way Gemma was evicted last night has made me open up my eyes and say yep it's time for me to go.

Why keep hoping for over 3 years that the producers will actually listen to us and make Big Brother the way it's supposed to be. Why settle for this crap?

I will still stick around in the off topic areas because I enjoy being there and lots of great people are here. So I'm not done with this place just Big Brother.

If the show ever gets picked up by another network with new executive producers I will check out the show but nope to these clowns Alex and Chris and conservative Channel Nine.

See you around.
Lucas, Big Brother watcher 2001-2014 (day 16):dead:

h743B6C25

@Lucas

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Gemma has serious competition with the look at me leaving post & her look at me in the house.

I can see it now, the look at me final between Gemma & @Lucas

I'm thinking about leaving this forum, not because of Big Brother, but because of the rudeness of many people here. It's just disgusting. What can we expect from a forum that worships Benjamin NOrris though?

Wow. So very nice all of the replies here :rolleyes:. I think @bleachy_dude is actually the only nice guy who's posted a decent response.

No the show isn't causing me physical harm. I just can't be bothered with it anymore. It's boring. I just don't want to hold on to it anymore and as some people say around here "let it go". I have been following the show since night 1 back in 2001 and this is the first time I feel like I just can't be bothered. The show is a joke nowadays (in my opinion).

I didn't particularly like Gemma. I thought she had bad strategy and some of her comments to other HMs were said without thought of their feelings. But I don't think she deserved the humiliation of last night of the housemates deciding to vote her out. It just proves how the producers have no idea how to run this show. At that moment it was an epiphany to me that the show is dead. The evicting should always be left to up the public.

I respect all your guys opinion on still enjoying the show. Good for you. I am genuinely happy that it is still watchable for you. I personally just can't be bothered with it anymore. Just my opinion. You have yours and I have mine.

I must say though was it really necessary to post all this hate with "don't let the door hit you on the way out"? Just very poor of all of you. Seems like you all like to gang up on a person who doesn't share the same thoughts at you.

People might say was it necessary to create a thread like this? I am regretting it now because of all the mean comments but I wasn't attempting to be attention-seeking at all. I don't work like that. I just wanted to say my thoughts (on a big brother discussion board) and goodbye to the show. I didn't particularly know where to post this goodbye? Should I have posted it in last night's daily show thread? If the OP upsets you so much you could have just ignored this thread, it was pretty obvious what the post was going to entail with the title "I am done with this... for reals this time".

It hurts me that you guys have replied with these posts and attitude. I thought I was at least respected here. Disappointing. Don't you think what you say before you post?

Probably time for @Tim and @marquisite to lock this thread.

I'm thinking about leaving this forum, not because of Big Brother, but because of the rudeness of many people here. It's just disgusting. What can we expect from a forum that worships Benjamin NOrris though?
Are you going to make a goodbye thread if you do decide to leave..... I wonder how many views it will get :whistling:

@Lucas it's sad that you have stopped watching, honestly you are not the first on this forum to stop watching, a few posters from last year have not turned up again this year, which tell me that they have also stopped watching.

Hup!

Does this mean this old bird doesn't have to nearly have a bilious attack every time she looks at your photo?

Lucas I'm with you. I have also stopped watching Big Brother.

I honestly never thought I wouldn't watch this show. But this year is beyond shit. I've watched it from the very first and have never felt this disinterested. I wish it was better and I wanted to watch but I just don't care. I didn't even tune in when Tim went in and i loved him. I'm also surprisingly sad that i'm giving up but I just can't waste my time with it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back