• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

I would not call the new forum look an improvement...

SeanE

I loathe sport on TV...
Especially on an ipad. It doesn't format to the screen properly without having to scrunch the screen down a bit

Plus I can't tell which threads have a new post in them

I'm sure there are other things I could whinge about but that'll do for starters

Medusa

Turns People to Stone
  1. I am pretty sure that the new look forum will be tweaked a bit over the next few weeks.
  2. New things need to be given a fair go.
  3. Am loving the new numbering system already.
  4. Am off to explore what other new features are available.
  5. am excited because it means that Big Brother 2014 is not too far away
  6. :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O
  7. :)

derspatz

non green multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
a change is as good as a holiday but on this holiday hth do you make the most recent post display at the top of page and older posts below it ... just like 99% of every blog in the world ?

[adit] I reckon this latest costume change is a bit easier to use on the phone (above reply was done in the little room. lol) but now I'm on the Real computer I can't help but notice that my collection of unacknowledged "alerts" going back to who knows when has been reset and is back to single digits. sigh.

oh well, sometimes when we're on holidays, our pocket gets picked. :)

regarDS

Last edited:

Tim

All seeing pink butthole floating in space.
Staff member
Administrator
1. This thread should have been posted in Notices and Feedback.

2. I've said multiple, multiple times all over the forums that this current look is "out of the box" and will change in the coming weeks.

3. If you had used the Notices and Feedback forum you'd also know I'm well aware that the forums do not work that well on phones and tablets and this is high on my priority list.

4. Threads with new posts are in bold.

5. Most recent posts display at the top of a forum, under the sticky'ed threads. You're not looking hard enough.

6. Y'all can whinge about how you don't like changes but I'm making some big ones this year so buckle yer seatbelts.

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
Thank you Tim. For everything.
For the freshening up - a work in progress, we don't want to get stuck in the dark ages.
For starting this forum.
And for letting us hang around when BB went into hiatus.

Buckled up - I like change and going fast:)
The old place was loo0king tired.

qtkt

Vicar of Goondiwindi
Awesome site donor
Glad to read your point number 3 - I thought maybe it was just my lack of skills on an iphone (only been in the world of Smart Phones for a short while and not really proficient).

Give it a chance, everyone. It is always a challenge to adjust to changes - but give yourself a week and you'll most likely feel right at home.

Tim

Staff member
Administrator
I've been doing some tweaking. Try accessing the forums on your iPad now and let me know how it goes.

@SeanE

Medusa

Turns People to Stone
Thank you Tim. For everything.
For the freshening up - a work in progress, we don't want to get stuck in the dark ages.
For starting this forum.
And for letting us hang around when BB went into hiatus.

Buckled up - I like change and going fast:)
The old place was loo0king tired.

I am with you Kxk ;) Up, Up and AWAY :D

Trala

Naughty Fairy
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
Especially on an ipad. It doesn't format to the screen properly without having to scrunch the screen down a bit

Plus I can't tell which threads have a new post in them

I'm sure there are other things I could whinge about but that'll do for starters
There's always one...

Embrace change Sean, because once you overcome initial teething problems, more often than not you will find with change comes the opportunity to learn new things and improvement.

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
Oooooooo, what is that strange strobing thing, lines, in the top right hand corner?
Only appeared when I was in the dinner thread.

Tim

Staff member
Administrator
Oooooooo, what is that strange strobing thing, lines, in the top right hand corner?
Only appeared when I was in the dinner thread.
Screenshot? Could have been an ad.

Kingston

Canadian Royality
I accessed the site on iPhone today and I must say the mobile theme is much better than it was on Vbulletin...

Reactions: Tim

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
...hi Tim... I've been away for a few months and have only just returned today... love the new site!... a big change from the old website to say the least... I have some questions to ask if you don't mind... (this is not a whinge or a criticism... I'm just curious)... these may be dumb ass questions but I'll ask anyway...

(1)...when Big Brother starts will there be a 'Behind Big Brother' front page again where you had news stories of what was going down while Big Brother was on?... is there one now and I just haven't found it?... if so could you please let me know how to click onto it... (we used to just click the image at the top of the page and it would lead us directly to it)... that inside information that you guys gave to us before during and after Big Brother was so incredible and a credit to you guys...

(2)... I started up a thread... http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/threads/unique-jobs-hobbies-sports-videos-etc.48431/ ...and posted a lot of images and videos within it... some show up as full images as originally posted and some shrank down to 'thumbnail' sizes... is there any way that I can go back and re-instate the 'thumbnails' back to their original sizes and the videos back to an 'embedded state' rather than just a 'YouTube' link so that it looks as it did before the move over to here?... (even if it was a one-off temporary pass for me to do so would be great)...

...I know that on the old website you could go back and edit your old posts anytime you liked but obviously within this new format that's not a given thing...

...I do understand that when you transfer shitloads of data from a whole website to a new engine that all things may not be the same as they were... as I said... this is not a whinge or a criticism... just asking...

(3)...are there download size limits for images and animated GIF's on this new website... if so could you tell me what they are or direct me as to where to find them please?...

(4)... I noticed that our Avatars on the forum pages are not animated now on the main forum page... bleachy_dude explained to me that all you do is click on the Avatar and you can see it as animated... is that the way it is from now on or is that one of the 'tweaky things' that may get changed eventually?...

...sorry about all of the questions Tim... I understand that the forum has to change and become upgraded to different formats to remain current and I'm glad that you have... the website looks sleek and more up-to-date compared to before but obviously you're going to be asked stupid questions from dumb asses like me but what the hell?... somebody has to ask them... it may as well be me lol!... (I do think that I'm probably not the only one thinking about these questions... I'm probably just the first to put it into print)... thanking you in advance my friend... cheers.

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
...thanks for that bleachy... I did actually see that when I Googled it but thought that it was an old link to the new website... I was thinking that Tim may have changed the look of the front page to go with the new-look website and that there was a new link to it... that's okay with me if it still is that webpage but I was wondering if there was a direct link to it from here?... (I actually thought that page was still on the old website engine... that's why I didn't think that it was the current front page)... I'm obviously going to have to explore all the new 'nooks and crannies' of the new website so that I don't keep on asking these dumb questions like a newbie aren't I?... LOL!... thanks again bleachy... cheers.

Consuela

Here to Reign™
Awesome site donor
...hi Tim... I've been away for a few months and have only just returned today... love the new site!... a big change from the old website to say the least... I have some questions to ask if you don't mind... (this is not a whinge or a criticism... I'm just curious)... these may be dumb ass questions but I'll ask anyway...

(1)...when Big Brother starts will there be a 'Behind Big Brother' front page again where you had news stories of what was going down while Big Brother was on?... is there one now and I just haven't found it?... if so could you please let me know how to click onto it... (we used to just click the image at the top of the page and it would lead us directly to it)... that inside information that you guys gave to us before during and after Big Brother was so incredible and a credit to you guys...

(2)... I started up a thread... http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/threads/unique-jobs-hobbies-sports-videos-etc.48431/ ...and posted a lot of images and videos within it... some show up as full images as originally posted and some shrank down to 'thumbnail' sizes... is there any way that I can go back and re-instate the 'thumbnails' back to their original sizes and the videos back to an 'embedded state' rather than just a 'YouTube' link so that it looks as it did before the move over to here?... (even if it was a one-off temporary pass for me to do so would be great)...

...I know that on the old website you could go back and edit your old posts anytime you liked but obviously within this new format that's not a given thing...

...I do understand that when you transfer shitloads of data from a whole website to a new engine that all things may not be the same as they were... as I said... this is not a whinge or a criticism... just asking...

(3)...are there download size limits for images and animated GIF's on this new website... if so could you tell me what they are or direct me as to where to find them please?...

(4)... I noticed that our Avatars on the forum pages are not animated now on the main forum page... bleachy_dude explained to me that all you do is click on the Avatar and you can see it as animated... is that the way it is from now on or is that one of the 'tweaky things' that may get changed eventually?...

...sorry about all of the questions Tim... I understand that the forum has to change and become upgraded to different formats to remain current and I'm glad that you have... the website looks sleek and more up-to-date compared to before but obviously you're going to be asked stupid questions from dumb asses like me but what the hell?... somebody has to ask them... it may as well be me lol!... (I do think that I'm probably not the only one thinking about these questions... I'm probably just the first to put it into print)... thanking you in advance my friend... cheers.
2. Edit time window is like 10 minutes I think. I'm sure if @Tim wanted to he could increase it although there is sense in keeping a limit. If he really wanted to though you could clean up the old vBulletin bbcodes using some sql queries.

3. You're talking uploading attachments here I assume? From what I can see the limit is 1MB.

4. Our avatars lose their animation when they are uploaded and resized to the medium and small icon sizes. Tim would have to install/enable ImageMagick to keep animations after resizing.

Tim

Staff member
Administrator
If you upload an image to the forums it will appear as a thumbnail. Click the thumbnail to see the full sized image.

10 minute edit window is not changing at this stage.

I'm going to request that ImageMagick be installed, please bear with me. I don't want to bother VentraIP too much.

The current look of the forums is not what the 2014 website will look like. We're in off-season mode. I haven't got around to creating the 2014 design yet - any suggestions?

I can set up a Behind Big Brother Jump In, but I have a feeling you guys won't like that.