Skip to main content

How old were you when BB first aired on 24/04/2001

I was only 6 at that time. I might watch some of the earlier series on YouTube to see what the show was like back then.

9. Yep. 9 years old, and was an avid watcher since Day 1.

Obviously I was never allowed to watch Uncut or anything back then (not until mid-BB05 :p), but I was fascinated by the concept from the get-go and literally never missed a Daily Show in all eight years. The Uncuts, etc, I've since caught up on though, of-course.

But yeah, I started when I was quite young - but, I guess in a way, I was also kinda mature minded and could appreciate the show for what it was back then too, which is probably what drew my attraction to it in the first place.

As mentioned here and there, I first watched the show in '05 at age 9. It started with just Friday Night Live, and progressed into sneaking in a daily show here or there. This continued through '06 and '07 (where my parents let me watch evictions and nominations). In '08, I was in high school and they figured that I would be hearing the same stuff there that I would on TV, so they let me watch what I wanted (apart from Big Mouth). Everytime it was on, it would be criticised, though (apart from the Friday Night Games, which my dad would sometimes watch with me).

Been struggling to watch the last two years because of schooling commitments, but I've been following along here. I think with the new format, my parents have warmed slightly to the show (mum sat through the whole launch this year). But, even though I'll be auditioning next year, I'd be surprised if my parents followed along if I got on the show :p

I was very close to turning 10.

Still remember the ads counting down to the first season. Didn't watch it til about the final week.

I was 27 and had a brood of 4 young children so found it very difficult to watch all the time. My boys still remember it though and have a better memory of many HM's than I do! Our all time, hands down fave was Tim B... That season, with the Logan twins was awesome. The kids loved the 'farm' and the swapping of the 2 boys. Mind you, there were some real bitches in that series as well. When Tim lost, we all cried!!!! Haha....

I was 12.

I didn't watch the first season when it was on TV, my mum would not let me. She thought it was "Smut". Last year I watched the first season on YouTube. Once it came back the next year in 2002 I just watched it anyway and have watched every season since then. Sneaking in uncut and adults only when I could. In 2007 I was living out of home and that was the first year I was able to watch Uplate.

I was 20 back when it started. I think that enhanced the show for me a bit, that I was about the same age as some of the housemates and could relate to them and grow with them. I didn't start watching till halfway through the series though, got sucked in while channel-surfing.

I was 12. I watched it and enjoyed it the point of obsession, probably on par with the teeny boppers on facbeook today but without an appropriate means to express. I didn't watch any of the uncut or late night shows or live feed, but I still became heavily invested and had mum recording it on a VHS for me. I remember all the HMs seemed sooooo old and so cool. I enjoyed it more as the years went by ad I was able to watch more content, but I thought it was sick. It, at least partly, inspired me to study psychology alll the way back then.

Nine, and too bloody young to be watching an adult's show, which was why I hardly watched it in the first couple of seasons.

I was 8 and have watched every season. Although can't remember much what went on in the earlier seasons.

Back