Skip to main content

How do you win Big Brother?

en.jay

Well-Known Blender
What are the dos? What are the don'ts? How do you gain public support? How do you maintain it? What should you say in the diary room? What should you say to other HMs? Should you be deceiving and two-faced? Should you be kind and loyal? How should you portray your attitude toward the $250K? Is there any style of play that can actually guarantee you the win? Does gameplay even work? Is there anything you can actually do or does it all just boil down to luck?

im going to be boring, and say.. just being yourself
thats what has worked for most of the past winners.

got to remember that only part of the footage from the diary room is ever shown to the public, so its hard to try and guess when to say something.

you do need to be active, and interacting with other housemates. not just sitting around. if your doing stuff, the cameras will be on you.
i will say most of the time, those who go in and try and play the game don't do that well. playing the game isnt always the best way

im going to be boring, and say.. just being yourself
thats what has worked for most of the past winners.

That's about it really. The winner will be someone that we've enjoyed for having been themself. Someone we liked. It's not that it's a popularity contest, it's just that some people appeal to the audience more so than others.

While I want Tim to win, I had hopes for Ben, just because I liked him. Both have just been themselves (in my opinion anyway).

look at the winners from the first 4 seasons, they didnt have game plans.
they didnt play the game,

they were just themselves.
the stayed true to themselves, they housemates and public just fall in love with them. because of who they were.
they didnt force it onto us/them

You still have to make sure you're an intergral part of the story line. Being yourself can only get you so far if you are like Heidi, Jasmine, Sharon, Xavier - you need to stay relevant more than anything.

It is basically impossible. First you would need to understand the public perception and response to a highly edited programs, and no one could do that.

We as an audience are fickle. One bad edit and your arse is grass.

Back