Skip to main content

Horse Radish

Shaneyboo

Awesome site donor
BEHIND BIG BROTHER'S BIGGEST BOOTY omg
Just a thread to talk about, and post pictures of horse radish.
I'll get this started, with this sexy bunch of horse radish.
IMG_20141003_161726.JPG

Jamie Oliver's Grilled Steak with Horseradish Sauce

243_1_1350898796_lrg.jpg

It seems this is not the first time I have goggled horseradish

OMG ALL OF THIS IS ALMOST ORGASMIC!!1111!!!!!!!111!!1!!111

I have no idea what Horseradish is........ UNTIL NOW

horseradish1.jpg

Question: What is horseradish? Why is horseradish hot?

Horseradish is not a radish, but it is spicy hot when fresh

Answer:

Horseradish is a root vegetable native to Russia or Hungary. Despite its name, it is unrelated to radishes. Horseradish is most widely used as a condiment, both by itself and as an ingredient in sauces and dressings. If you enjoy the pungency of bottled prepared horseradish, you simply must try it fresh to experience the full breath-taking flavor experience.

It is the volatile mustard-like oil in horseradish that brings tears to the eyes and heat to the tongue. Like mustard, the heat and fumes begin to rapidly deteriorate once the horseradish is cut or grated and exposed to air. Heat eliminates both aroma and zing which is why true horseradish afficionados prefer horseradish raw and freshly grated.

@Shaneyboo did you grow that horseradish in the op or is it just a photo from the net?

horseradish1.jpg

Answer:

Horseradish is a root vegetable native to Russia or Hungary. Despite its name, it is unrelated to radishes. Horseradish is most widely used as a condiment, both by itself and as an ingredient in sauces and dressings. If you enjoy the pungency of bottled prepared horseradish, you simply must try it fresh to experience the full breath-taking flavor experience.

It is the volatile mustard-like oil in horseradish that brings tears to the eyes and heat to the tongue. Like mustard, the heat and fumes begin to rapidly deteriorate once the horseradish is cut or grated and exposed to air. Heat eliminates both aroma and zing which is why true horseradish afficionados prefer horseradish raw and freshly grated.

@Shaneyboo did you grow that horseradish in the op or is it just a photo from the net?
sadly i did not grow the horseradish, frankly because it tastes gross

sadly i did not grow the horseradish, frankly because it tastes gross
I've never tried it...... but I want to now thanks to this thread. Also I just looked it up to see if you can grow it here and what time of the year you should plant and guess what? Planting should be done in September, October and November. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

I've never tried it...... but I want to now thanks to this thread. Also I just looked it up to see if you can grow it here and what time of the year you should plant and guess what? Planting should be done in September, October and November. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.
your welcome for opening your tastebuds to a world of burn.[DOUBLEPOST=1412334887][/DOUBLEPOST]
So.. What the heck?
DO NOT QUESTION THE HORSERADISH

Wasabi?

horseradish1.jpg

Answer:

This is a weird coincidence for me - I was eating a burger tonight with beetroot on it, and we all know that is a very Australian/NZ thing, and it made me think - why is it an Aus/NZ thing? Beetroot isn't native to Australia. I know Eastern Europeans have it in Borscht (?sp). Apparently, it originated in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle East, but was mainly used for it's leaves and roots by the Greeks and Romans for medicinal and aphrodisiac purpose.

As for horseradish. Tastes great with Roast Beef.

Isn't Wasabi horseradish?

Back