Skip to main content

Hi Question San You Help Please

Hi Question Can You Help Please

Hi i live in England but love Australia bb so much. I just wonder why you don't have a Saturday or Sunday show and your Friday show is only for 30 mins long. I did see where you moved the showdown to Thursday as i think Saturday your footy is on but im sure bb fans would still watch so seems odd to move it for this reason. I know they do the late night show on Tuesday but maybe do that on Friday so we still get our fix. For me it is all set up for Ben to win but its still good to watch, Thank you if you can help.

Last edited:
There aren't many BB fans. Not enough to warrant the $$$ to produce a show only a handful of people will watch. There is never anything good on a Saturday night. We used to have it on a Sunday but it had to fix between the news and then 60 Minutes and the timeslot was too short.

To put it simply Ch 9 has higher ratings programs for Saturday and Sunday night. And they can't justify making a show and shafting it to one of the other digital channels they own.

No Saturday or Sunday show as channel 9 is basically using bb for filler rather than respecting it more like channel 10 used to do.

On Saturdays 9 has NRL commitments so they have to broadcast that, they could put bb on their other stations like go or gem then but instead they think it is better to just put a rerun of the weeks episodes on there instead.

They aren't doing a Sunday show for the first time since 2001 because they've recently got the rights to do Australia's Got Talent and so they're choosing to run that instead of bb, instead they could run it on their other stations like go or gem but for some reason again they're thinking not to.

Friday show is very short as again channel 9 has NRL commitments ( in the states of New South Wales and Queensland whilst the rest if Australia gets repeats of the Big Bang theory) Again they could play it on go or gem but they choose not to, basically saying they've bought bb to fill up holes in the schedule rather than giving us decent access to it.

Sadly the number of dedicated BB fans in Australia dont influence ratings enough for Channel 9 to put the show on at weekends.
Sunday night is a crucial ratings night in Australia. A big show like Downton Abbey gets aired Sundays. Big Brother just can't compete.

Welcome to the forums Ashes to Ashes.
As you are from England - don't mention The Ashes.

Thank you all so much for your help, I guess just like here not many people watch bb but its a shame because i love it, Thank you for the welcome Night owl i promise not to talk about the Ashes we just won lol,, I have a feeling you will have them back in a few weeks.

Hope so. but its only sport. make sure you keep posting its great fun.

Hello ashes I am from the uk too :) I hate waiting all weekend to watch another episode I get withdrawals lol

Thanks Mrs Smith i also feel the same ,i wish it was 6 days a week but i guess its so much better than ours so i want more more more ,,,

Have you at least been watching the clips that are posted from the live feed? I know it is difficult to see them on the official site but there is a section of the forum here dedicated to them where others from around the world view them.

to add to what others have said, we have laws in australia that (in essence) require major sports to be shown live on freeview stations so other shows have to be programmed around them. :\

Hi Ashes to Ashes..I'm from the USA and I love this BB too. I think the way they do their show line up is good and thinks others shouldn't complain about it.. I DISAGREE with you about Ben being the winner. I am hoping Tim wins because , to me, just like our BB over here, it's all about being the best game player and not just sitting back being scared of your own shadow. Granted Ben is funny at times but Tim's the brain and deserves the win this year! Tim for the WIN Yay!!!:cool:

Good post Rembrandt. And yes - Tim must win. He is the deserving winner.
Good to see involvement from our overseas friends.

Good post Rembrandt. And yes - Tim must win. He is the deserving winner.
Good to see involvement from our overseas friends.

THANKS!! I am such a BB fan and last year was the very first time I had the pleasure of watching this BB and I fell in love with it and the people. Last year Michael was my fav and he made me laugh constantly and I think in some ways Tim reminds me of him. Our BB is okay sometimes but they get too serious about it and get really hateful with people on it. I love this BB because it's more fun and pleasant to watch.I don't miss an episode . I watch all the episodes from Couch Potato.

Back