Skip to main content

Has your opinion of any 2013 HM changed after the show?

APABLD

For me, it's still relatively the same. The housemates I liked on the show, I still like. A few, like Ed and Tully, have grown on me. I am however becoming very wary of Ben and whether he truly was what I made him out to be.

Tully and Ed have improved in my eyes, but the again I was so negative on them during the show that wasn't hard.

Losing respect for Ben and Tahan. Feel sorry for Caleb.

Everyone else I feel the same about.

I look at the HM's now as sitting on the precipice of personal success or fading into reality TV oblivion...

I actually loved Ben in the house and feel that it would be quite difficult for a man such as him to get some real life skills when he has such a child-like attachment to his Mum. It almost seemed co-dependant however, I feel he really is afraid of the world to some extent....hence no partner and anxiety issues.

He has been given a wealth of opportunities since BB ended for him and is quite the business man when it comes to associating big brands to himself. This is smart and I think he is getting advice from someone as to how he deals with his new found 'fame'. Peter Alexander is a huge get. He is also being very clever keeping his social media free of narkiness towards the few haters he has...I particularly like this about him and think any potential sponsor/employee would see this in a favourable light.

I am liking Jade and Ed more and more, both together and separatly seeing that they are moving on with business opportunities postBB. Again, smart...striking while the iron's hot to continue and establish job opps that have longevity and will ensure employment. The way they have dealt with their relationship out of the house has been mature, yet fun to watch unfold. It could have just dissolved into nothing. They are an asset to each other in terms of publicity.

Drew and Tully... Wasn't a fan of either of them in the house. They are obviously spending lots of time together but neither have given any clues regarding future opportunities. I would like to see them succeed in whatever they do but they just seem to be focused on being seen in cool places and wearing #their latest freebie clothes. I just feel they should be using this time to propagate bigger things...which they may be doing but not discussing openly.

Tim... Loved him, hated him, now don't find anything much he does to be of any significance. Hope he finds his niche in life and some lovin' that he can share at Christmas with the girl of his dreams.

Well I'm pretty happy as I love Ed and Boog even more

I'm always hot and cold with Tim - but I feel he's getting a bit old and being all about himself

Drewboat well I think he's lost his charm a bit - maybe because what I liked about him was his chats to BB and his insights
but that doesn't really translate on the outside
Not liking his attitude either

Tully is interesting - I'll give her that
She has the celeb thing down pat but can't say I've ever really liked her

The rest - who are they again???

Oh Tahan - well don't agree with everything she does but there's something I like about her
Actually my opinion of her has improved - she seems very loyal to her bf - family orientated - but still acknowledges the BB experience
she doesn't seem totally revelling in her fame like tim (thought she might've for some reason??)

Last edited:
Thoughts..

I like Tahan (She comes across as a bitch..but not a likable bitch outside), Mikkayla (I think she seems a little self-righteous) and Ben (there's just something odd about his tweets) a little less..

I like Xavier's sense of humor (in tweet form) a lot so he has grown on me...Rohan as well..and Heidi (I didn't really like her in the house but I heard some of her radio show the other day and she's not quite as annoying although I hate morning shows in general)..and Tully is way cooler (I think she was dealing with too much in the housee but seems more at peace and WAY more likable

Jade/Ed/Sugar Sisters/Matt/Jas/Sharon/Maddie... all still boring as fuck....Especially the JadeEd shit (I'm sorry but I find nothing interesting about their relationship or basically anything the do)...

Tim/Drew/Boog....no opinion change I still like them all (for different reasons)..

Last edited:
No major change. I think I hate Tahan more on the outside. I never liked her in the first place but I wouldve been able to like her on the outside, had she been a good sport over everything. Her constant arguing with people on twitter and some of her retweets just make her look like a bitter sore loser.

Not a fan of the sisters anymore. Just once, I'd love to see them dress differently or pose separately. Their instagram annoys me.

Drew and Tully are growing on me though I'm not a fan of the whole hipster vibe they got going on.

I like Rohan on twitter. He can be very funny sometimes.

Everyone else I feel the same about.

My feelings for the hm's haven't really changed, but I have appreciated them a little differently now.

I like tahan as much as I liked her in the house but even more so now. Like mentioned above, I like her loyalty to her bf and to me doesn't seem to be revelling in the fame as much as others, but enough to show appreciation to her fans. She is the same person she was in the house IMO. I always knew she was feisty and strong, but I like her don't care attitude towards life and that she isn't afraid to say what she wants and isn't deterred from defending herself even with deals on the way. Girl has bite and spirit.

I'm liking tully so much, I see a side to her I not only respect but I also wish I saw before, because I do think she is an intriguing person. Smart, adventurous and daring- drully is what holds my attention post bb. Loving their attitudes! But tully I realised is actually a good human being with a big heart and in a damaged way misunderstood. Fascinating as she is, there is a beauty there that many have missed and I only have begun to realise that.

I like Ben. There I said it! I liked him in the house, yes he annoyed me with some of his antics, but overall I think he was a sweet man a and like said before, I think he was/is scared of the world. I hope he succeeds and finds what he wants in life. I hope for nothing but a bright future for Ben.

I still like Tim as much as I did in the house, like tahan, I like him that much more! He is so family orientated it actually makes me smile to see the pics of his grandparents and nephews. This mans heart is so big that I hope I see updates on his future because he deserves to have the spotlight on him- good people deserve big things and Tim is a voice that leads and will encourage a humanitarian approach to life. His love of nature is a beautiful thing.

My attitude to Xavier has changed. I liked him in the house, but I think he is fabulous now. I like his sense of humour and I like his sarcasm to everything. Wish he stayed in the house longer.

Still feel the same about many hm's. I actually see ed a little differently and feel I placed blame on him unfairly in the jaded thing. I feel like I allowed myself to make jade a victim and I was stupid for that. This relationship frustrates me- don't know why, perhaps if I hadn't seen how it was in the house and a few other things I'd give it a chance, but to me it's a convenience thing.

Sugar sisters annoy me. The whole dress the same and act like a five year old routine does my head in. In the house at least I use to think they were nice girls. Boring, but nice. Now I want to separate them and buy them a different outfit. Just stop, I want to see more depth.

The rest I don't care for. I've either forgotten the hm or I'm meh about them.

Are you guys following the ex-housemates' twitters or something 'cause I'm really interested to see how your opinion changed on certain housemates, especially with Jade & Ed and Tully. With Tully, I could see the good side of her in the house but maybe this was because I read housemate profiles on the OS and I think in Tully's profile she said that people described her as being empathetic so I looked for this trait in her and found that her actions reflected this.

If only we had a live feed, then we would truly know what each housemate was all about.

For me Tim. At first I didn't like him wasn't a fan, I sort of grew to love him though. Met him a few times and he's really a great guy

Since the end of the show...

The way certain people have tried to play up to their BB personas after the show has put me off them, most particularly Ben and Tim.

From what I've been seeing, Tully is a far, far better model than the professional models from the house. Also I think she has done the best job in moving beyond the limits of her BB persona.

But mainly my opinions have moved in the not-so-interesting-after-all direction.

Since the end of the show...

From what I've been seeing, Tully is a far, far better model than the professional models from the house. Also I think she has done the best job in moving beyond the limits of her BB persona.

Moving on to what? She complains about being broke and recently there has been talk that she has recently applied for centrelink.

What was the perception of her before and after the show? I feel like my opinion of her is pretty much the same.

I'm only saying I'm impressed how she's made people forget she was quite recently the most hated person in the country. That's one advantage of being in the social media era I guess, you get a chance to recreate your image after the show has finished. In the olden days people would only be remembered as they were portrayed on the show.

I'm only saying I'm impressed how she's made people forget she was quite recently the most hated person in the country. That's one advantage of being in the social media era I guess, you get a chance to recreate your image after the show has finished. In the olden days people would only be remembered as they were portrayed on the show.

I think you are right about people forgetting or forgiving, but I don't know how much of that was her effort. I might be not giving her enough credit. I don't take issue with anyone who sees her differently than they did on the show, I just don't really see the change. From social media we get a lot of partying, drinking, plugging and mood swings (sometimes happy, sometimes emo). Seems fairly in line with what I saw in the house. We know she loves her dog more than most and while she seems to be trying to create a career in the spotlight (like everyone it seems) we have got complaining about lack of funds recently. I just don't see a different person. The paid magazine interview also smacked of hypocrisy given she spoke against her ex when she talked about it.

Well, it's been more than a year since we first watched the 2013 Housemates. For those who follow them on social media, has your opinion of any HMs changed?

Well, it's been more than a year since we first watched the 2013 Housemates. For those who follow them on social media, has your opinion of any HMs changed?

I would say that I enjoy Xavier less now, than when he was in the house. My feelings regarding most of the other HMs have remained unchanged, or perhaps strengthened the opinions I already had of them - however Boog is now a major disappointment. In the house she was unapologetic about who she was, how she behaved, and the consequences of her actions. When she left the house her instagram referred to 'the year of Boog', 'embrace you inner bogan' etc, and her photos were all Boog uncensored. Now, 'embrace your inner bogan' and her other bits have been replaced with an quasi-inspirational line and her photos are largely just spruiking merchandise and boring. She seems to have censored her postings to promote a bland and acceptable persona, whereas before she was happy to just acknowledge who she is and happily show herself.

My opinion on former housemates hasn't changed now they are out of the house.

Tahan still thinks her shit dont stink and she is the best.
It doesn't, I smelt it once, it smelt like grape hubba bubba!

Back