Skip to main content

Has anyone noticed what David did during the Skye vs Ryan argument?

Bright

Mascot Life Thug
Has anyone noticed what David did during the Skye-Ryan arguement? First, lets go back to Cat's HOH dinner night... David told Skye that she was the only person that would talk to him. Sam was still around and I think David couldn't get to Sandra because she was up under Sam. Now since the leader of the group got evicted, Sandra and Ryan threw hissy fits and David chance was there to get back in Sandra's graces. When Ryan and Sandra ganged up on Skye, David followed them to the dressing room. What happened between then and now? I thought Skye was David's friend but it seems he reneged that claim.

You can't really base the current status of an entire relationship off one interaction.
That's what I was thinking..the editing made it seem like David was the outcast and that no one liked him.. clearly Syke's friendly ways picked up during the dinner and they so happen to show it. But also, David barely talked to Sandra after the pairs split up and Sam and Sandra barely talked to him (editing shows us whatever so thats what Im referring to)

David, as beautiful as he is, is a social misfit. If someone says "hey, Dave"; he thinks his fly is undone, rather than the auto-response being "yeah, what?"

He followed "the group" into the room because he believed he was in a conversation with them, and the conversation just became mobile. About the time the door was opened, he realised he was wrong - they'd dismissed him.

But, he was committed at that stage; if he stopped at the door, and turned to, say, the kitchen, it would look like a diss on the people he was trying to ingratiate himself to. If he followed them *through* the door; it would look to them like a stalking.

Poor fucker - he can't win. I feel for him; I'm likely as socially awkward as he is; I've often been told by "mates", "look, you, Fred over there; he wants you, so baaaaaad; and he's been trying to give you signals". Sorry. Neanderthal woman here. Club me over the head and take me that way -- subtlety isn't gonna work.

Suspect that's Dave too. (Not that it's relevant; but I think maybe a chick would have to get him very drunk and take advantage of him to get a result).

David, as beautiful as he is, is a social misfit. If someone says "hey, Dave"; he thinks his fly is undone, rather than the auto-response being "yeah, what?"

He followed "the group" into the room because he believed he was in a conversation with them, and the conversation just became mobile. About the time the door was opened, he realised he was wrong - they'd dismissed him.

But, he was committed at that stage; if he stopped at the door, and turned to, say, the kitchen, it would look like a diss on the people he was trying to ingratiate himself to. If he followed them *through* the door; it would look to them like a stalking.

Poor fucker - he can't win. I feel for him; I'm likely as socially awkward as he is; I've often been told by "mates", "look, you, Fred over there; he wants you, so baaaaaad; and he's been trying to give you signals". Sorry. Neanderthal woman here. Club me over the head and take me that way -- subtlety isn't gonna work.

Suspect that's Dave too. (Not that it's relevant; but I think maybe a chick would have to get him very drunk and take advantage of him to get a result).
We must be watching different shows.

I see Dave as a smart, strong, sexy man who doesn't need validation from a group to feel confident in himself.

I think he has adapted well considering he has been placed in a group he doesn't gel with.

I don't see any social awkwardness.

Has anyone noticed what David did during the Skye-Ryan arguement? First, lets go back to Cat's HOH dinner night... David told Skye that she was the only person that would talk to him. Sam was still around and I think David couldn't get to Sandra because she was up under Sam. Now since the leader of the group got evicted, Sandra and Ryan threw hissy fits and David chance was there to get back in Sandra's graces. When Ryan and Sandra ganged up on Skye, David followed them to the dressing room. What happened between then and now? I thought Skye was David's friend but it seems he reneged that claim.

I thought David was Skye's friend till she called him weird and threw him under the bus and made sure not to include him among the people she told that she had their backs. David has always considered Sandra his friend since they went into the house together. Yes Skye was nice to him at the party but that's one interaction. He's been nice to her too. Doesn't mean they have heaps in common. Skye obviously chose him as the sacrificial lamb and let's be fair she was having a hissy fit along with Ryan and Sandra (who I don't like btw). Plus, you can still like someone and call them out when you think they're being shady.

Which world is he in? He just lost himself eviction votes, because he's sucking ass with the bitch group. Sandra doesn't even like him and did you see how he defended Sandra? Earlier he said to Skye "We can have a mini alliance." My BIG question is why is he such a suck up to Sandra. Even in the hotel task Ryan was talking about him behind his back, and David even heard. Sandra? Seriously, There are other people up for noms, no ones complaining. Skye said it good "You just sad that you're up for nominations." Which is true, her depress started from until she was nominated...

That's what I was thinking..the editing made it seem like David was the outcast and that no one liked him.. clearly Syke's friendly ways picked up during the dinner and they so happen to show it. But also, David barely talked to Sandra after the pairs split up and Sam and Sandra barely talked to him (editing shows us whatever so thats what Im referring to)
Skye was drunk when she pulled that bullshit fake tears and "I got your back" routine. She's telling everyone she has their back. Well she can't have all their backs when she has to nominate someone.

David did say that Sam, Ryan and Sandra formed the Alpha group. Maybe Sam's eviction is David's opportunity to join in.[/Q
but why join a losing team per se? Sam went down and I figured because he had headstrong qualities that were almost bully-like. Sandra was just smitten and Ryan really gelled with Sam because Sam wasn't like the other guys.. David is probably relating to them in a "mature" sense at the moment.

Skye was drunk when she pulled that bullshit fake tears and "I got your back" routine. She's telling everyone she has their back. Well she can't have all their backs when she has to nominate someone.
True, Skye was drinking that night lol I wouldn't put it past her if she told me that she was my friend and then all of a sudden gives me 3 points for nominations.

How many times has Dave been up for eviction? I thought it really odd that she was sooking to him about being put up for eviction... ie everyone must hate me and want to get rid of me...to David who has been up numerous times and she couldn't give a rats bum. The other day when Trav bought that point up when she and Sam were up for the first time and he had been up every single week and asked them how they thought that would feel, he got shut down pretty quickly too. Seems there are two sets of rules.

How many times has Dave been up for eviction? I thought it really odd that she was sooking to him about being put up for eviction... ie everyone must hate me and want to get rid of me...to David who has been up numerous times and she couldn't give a rats bum. The other day when Trav bought that point up when she and Sam were up for the first time and he had been up every single week and asked them how they thought that would feel, he got shut down pretty quickly too. Seems there are two sets of rules.
Exactly! David has not cried once about eviction but Sandra has cried when she's been evicted. Gemma said it best, "Why be here? I can't be bothered. So ungrateful." Sam doesn't give a flying flit about Sandra and she was older than him anyway...

Dave clearly thinks that Skye's smarter than she's acting, so it only made sense he was on the other side of the fight; right or wrong
Yeah, Im glad that BB put that scene of him, Ryan and Sandra talking at the gym about Skye's strategy....I guess he had to stay consistent with siding with them.

but why join a losing team per se? Sam went down and I figured because he had headstrong qualities that were almost bully-like. Sandra was just smitten and Ryan really gelled with Sam because Sam wasn't like the other guys.. David is probably relating to them in a "mature" sense at the moment.

David hasn't had anyone from day 1. His own partner cried at being stuck with him. They all turned on him completely when Tim chose him to spend the night and he shaved his beard. Watch the video of him during the yes-no challenge as "super dave". That group could not even be bothered to play along. Must be nice for him to finally find acceptance. Shame it just cost him some votes to save if the comments on Facebook are anything to go by.

That's exactly what Skye was saying. Her complaining about being up is a slap in the face to the others who have been up way more. She's really self centred.

Am I the only that that didn't see it at all as a grand "taking sides" gesture? From the start of the show it was clear he was worried about Sandra. He kept asking people where she'd gone and said that he felt helpless not being able to do anything for her. A few people have also said that Sam asked him to look after her when he was evicted. I think David spending time with Sandra (and Ryan by extension) is less him choosing a side (lets be honest here, david knows there are two groups and he knows he doesn't fit into either of them) and more him choosing to spend time with someone he considers his closest thing to a friend in there and support her while she's such an emotional mess.

Just because Skye was nice to him a month ago that doesn't mean he has to show her unwavering loyalty (especially when she was happy to laugh along as she put him up for eviction on Wednesday). We have no idea what these people talk about or what their relationships are really like. I really doubt nobody has spoken a word to him since that Friday night. If Skye was comfortable throwing him under the bus during noms then I don't think their relationship is that solid that David felt he absolutely had to take her side and not talk to Sandra/Ryan.

Last edited:
Back