Skip to main content

Goodbye messages this year...

kbomb247

Even the goodbye messages are scripted this year. Ugh. In precious years they have been longer, more freeform, more personal and individual. This year there definitely seems to be a format of "You can only say a personalised goodbye to your one or two closest friends" and "Who is causing the most disharmony in the house?" The second one is particularly cringeworthy. Housemates are once again being scripted and forced and coached into creating fake drama. Totally over it.

Even the goodbye messages are scripted this year. Ugh. In precious years they have been longer, more freeform, more personal and individual. This year there definitely seems to be a format of "You can only say a personalised goodbye to your one or two closest friends" and "Who is causing the most disharmony in the house?" The second one is particularly cringeworthy. Housemates are once again being scripted and forced and coached into creating fake drama. Totally over it.

Sandra's was from the heart

Well we have always been shown edited good bye messages. So just because we don't see them saying something about everyone, doesn't mean they don't address everyone. They just show what is the 'most interesting' or what best fits with the script writers narrative.

However there clearly is a script set of questions for them to address.

A side note, it'd be great as a power play to have someone who wasn't evicted have their good bye message played to the house.

Sandra's was from the heart

surprisingsex12.gif.gif

I don't agree. I think this year's goodbye messages are the best ones yet. At least they are saying what they think instead of a lot of, "Oh I love all of you so much!" rubbish.

Yep! I noticed too with Jason's video that Big Brother is asking them "who is causing the most disharmony?". The goodbye videos aren't even safe of being contrived now. :rolleyes:

They really don't know how to run Big Brother.

I like this years eviction videos. Jason's last night was the best so far, caused tension and was honest. They showed his message to Aisha and Priya then focussed on his opinion of Cat and Lawson which caused drama and was probably the main storyline last night aside from noms. I'd rather questions be fed to the housemates which make it interesting, rather than 'I love you and will miss you'

I think that the HMs give a personalised message to each HM, then perhaps BB asks them to answer "who is causing the most disharmony in the house"
I really don't see a problem with this question.... Look how it worked out with Jason.... Cat was shown to have no emotion and Lawson cried in the shower..... Great idea by production.

I think that the HMs give a personalised message to each HM, then perhaps BB asks them to answer "who is causing the most disharmony in the house"
I really don't see a problem with this question.... Look how it worked out with Jason.... Cat was shown to have no emotion and Lawson cried in the shower..... Great idea by production.

I'm glad Jason said what he did but making the potential evictees answer who is causing the most disharmony in their goodbye videos is contrived and manufactured drama. Would Jason have said this in the first place without being prompted by Big Brother? Would Jake have called Leo out as the "disharmony in the house" if not promoted by Big Brother in his video? That was really random for him to say and made Jake look bitter to add that in his video but nope the truth is he was encouraged by Big Brother to make drama.

Shouldn't Reality TV let things happen naturally? This is why the first few seasons of Big Brother went so well and was fascinating. Sure Big Brother made "tasks" happen to test the housemates and sometimes set situations up like controversial intruders to cause inner feelings to come out but basically the producers these days are making manufactured drama out of every little thing now. The goodbye videos can't even be natural anymore like in previous seasons. It's too far.

Depending on what kind of housemate is evicted I think some of them would enjoy the chance to have their final say with their real feelings in their goodbye video without being prompted. If the producers wanted explosive drama then they should have picked housemates in the first place who would have had the guts to say what they are thinking to each other in the first place.

I'm glad Jason said what he did but making the potential evictees answer who is causing the most disharmony in their goodbye videos is contrived and manufactured drama. Would Jason have said this in the first place without being prompted by Big Brother? Would Jake have called Leo out as the "disharmony in the house" if not promoted by Big Brother in his video? That was really random for him to say and made Jake look bitter to add that in his video but nope the truth is he was encouraged by Big Brother to make drama.

Shouldn't Reality TV let things happen naturally? This is why the first few seasons of Big Brother went so well and was fascinating. Sure Big Brother made "tasks" happen to test the housemates and sometimes set situations up like controversial intruders to cause inner feelings to come out but basically the producers these days are making manufactured drama out of every little thing now. The goodbye videos can't even be natural anymore like in previous seasons. It's too far.

Depending on what kind of housemate is evicted I think some of them would enjoy the chance to have their final say with their real feelings in their goodbye video without being prompted. If the producers wanted explosive drama then they should have picked housemates in the first place who would have had the guts to say what they are thinking to each other in the first place.
I love how you are so passionate about BB and how it SHOULD be made..... but it's not 2001 anymore. I've learned that BB today is a entirely different thing and I might as well accept it rather than get all worked up about it. So if there happens to be a question asked by BB to a HM that is seen as contrived..... I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.... in fact I am going to embrace and enjoy the show for what it is at this present time.

Reality TV in this country jumped the shark years ago, most shows are contrived and manipulated. Just look at the block or MKR..... This is the state of reality TV in 2014 and beyond..... If you really want to see how events can play out naturally I suggest that you try the island airing on SBS @kxk posted about in on here and it really is a breath of fresh air for old school reality TV lovers.

I love how you are so passionate about BB and how it SHOULD be made..... but it's not 2001 anymore. I've learned that BB today is a entirely different thing and I might as well accept it rather than get all worked up about it. So if there happens to be a question asked by BB to a HM that is seen as contrived..... I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.... in fact I am going to embrace and enjoy the show for what it is at this present time.

Reality TV in this country jumped the shark years ago, most shows are contrived and manipulated. Just look at the block or MKR..... This is the state of reality TV in 2014 and beyond..... If you really want to see how events can play out naturally I suggest that you try the island airing on SBS @kxk posted about in on here and it really is a breath of fresh air for old school reality TV lovers.

Hey @Inigo Montoya

Thanks! :)

Yes I am passionately crazy about BB and do wish we could get some (or ANY) element of the Channel Ten years but I do realise it will never be 2001 again ;) and nor should it be. I just think Nine's way of going about this show is making Big Brother like all of their other reality shows like "The Voice" and "The Block": boring and contrived. I don't necessary want BB to go back to the old days otherwise that would be boring in my opinion. We have already seen that. I just want them to take some important elements from the show in those years instead of taking it away. Is this show even Big Brother anymore? The concept is lost on Nine. I have indeed accepted that this is the way BB is on Nine :cry: but I still want to complain and post about what I think would be better. And I live in my delusional hope that Ten will take the show back :p. Surely they can't do any worse than Nine's version? :unsure:

What's with the stupid "disharmony" talk, like it's just like they want the housemates to be thrown into disarray. If I were one of the housemates being told I was "disharmonious", I wouldn't even take it into consideration because they were voted out of the house, so clearly the public doesn't agree with them enough to vote to save them. I honestly thought Jason's message was good, but it was a perfect example of why he left the house. If he had've spoken up and said something straight up when things pissed him off, he'd have received more votes. You don't win the game by being a fence-sitter.

Back