Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Good Moanin Faux T Thread!

Well thank God this month is nearly over! It has been an action packed month!

My partner and I fully turfed the back yard, well I say "and I" more like I shouted orders, and my long suffering partner layed the turf and omg it looks AMAZING!!!!

Work has been manic with this fucking flu outbreak, last Monday there were 30 staff down with URTI symptoms, including me. I have been like a dying duck in a thunderstorm, and on top of my sickness I had to play my partners 40th! But thankfully that is now behind us. The party was awesome, 20 of our closest friends came over to celebrate. I catered the whole thing which for me was an enormous task. It was a great afternoon/night and our pool area looked like a magical garden, we have covered the pergola in tiny fairy lights and that coupled with the lights in the pool and my spring time flower filled garden the area looked just lovely!

Girls! I have had my brows done! The feather touch tattoo thang and they look so good! Honestly best $600 I have ever spent! If you have sparce bland brows, seriously consider getting them done!

Anyhoo that's a quick update from me. Sending you all good vibes! Xo

I am vain and vapid so mostly interested in this brow talk. I have been contemplating this for so long, I have seen some incredible results but also some terrible ones. Seeems easy to just go where the good ones went but I'm still somewhat afraid!

Oh but the lovely garden and celebration also sound great!

HEY YA ALL - WHERE ARE YA ALL????????????

Thought you needed a SHOUT out!

Want to know what I am up to? Not much happening here really, LOL. I am getting a few Gardening (Weeding Jobs) and have started to grow my Gourds. I am going to craft them when it's time to harvest - stay tuned.

My Vege and Flower garden is going great guns, and hopefully there will be many salads to make, for my dinner plate or for the shop.++

Have had to tend with Tiger Snakes - almost got bit last week - scarey stuff!!!

Blackey, the Steer, is due to be sent off for mincing in a few weeks and I am so upset. Meanwhile, Ginger Megs, another Steer, ate all my main winter crops and I cannot wait for him to go .............. (I cannot blame them - they are hungry :))

I will post some pics of what is happening soon :)

Whatcha been all up to?????

Well: I am dealing with a very strange set of clients here, including one who seems to be convinced she is sick and going to die although no doctor can find a thing wrong with her and one which owes hundreds and thousands of euros but who orders caviar by post every week.

Meanwhile one colleague moved into a client's house while the client was in hospital, and another one is borrowing money from a client and getting him to fix her household appliances. Who is supposed to be the client here???!!

It's weird. But it's not exactly boring.

Geez it is hard to find this thread with the reepY posting like all over treads, like a rampant bunny .......

LOVE SENT XXXXXX

Good Moanin Faux OT thread!

I have the HUGEST news, and you guys are the first to hear it! My son is having a baby! I’m going to be a GG (good grandma)!!!

He and his partner had a scan yesterday and peanut is officially 6 weeks old. He is keeping the news quiet from our real life for a few more weeks, but if I don’t share it with someone my heart will explode!!

MY BABY IS HAVING A BABY!!!!!

Xoxoxo

I have the HUGEST news, and you guys are the first to hear it! My son is having a baby! I’m going to be a GG (good grandma)!!!

He and his partner had a scan yesterday and peanut is officially 6 weeks old. He is keeping the news quiet from our real life for a few more weeks, but if I don’t share it with someone my heart will explode!!

Xoxoxo

Congratulations all round, that's super news. Are you going to be a Trala granny or nanna?

Reactions: Tee
Congratulations all round, that's super news. Are you going to be a Trala granny or nanna?
I actually have horrific grandma/stepnana memories. The first person of power to actively despise me was my grandma. I look back and can not understand how an adult can actively hate a child, but probably explains why mum was the head fuck she was. So both names hold really bad memories for me, so I have decided to be GG which will stand for good grandma. I plan to be everything I used to dream my grandma would be. I wanted that old bag to love me so bad it still hurts!!!!!!

I actually have horrific grandma/stepnana memories. The first person of power to actively despise me was my grandma. I look back and can not understand how an adult can actively hate a child, but probably explains why mum was the head fuck she was. So both names hold really bad memories for me, so I have decided to be GG which will stand for good grandma. I plan to be everything I used to dream my grandma would be. I wanted that old bag to love me so bad it still hurts!!!!!!

Good Grandma is good. Good on you that the change is starting with you, and you can break that cycle.

Congratulations GG!

my sis in law decided she didnt want to be Nana, Nannie, Grandma etc (would make her feel old) (god I hate that stupidity - being a grandparent is a STAGE in our lives NOT subject to a specific age bracket!!! There are grandparents in their 30's ffs!!) ... so she has announced she will be Me-me or Mi-mi - according to her its French for grandma - but she's never studied French and doesn't know how is spelt (it was Grandmere when I was studying French back in the dark ages ... (some friend of hers used it - so the friend is also going to be soooo thrilled her somewhat unique idea is going to be copied - kind of like your best friend naming their child with the name you told them years ago is your favourite name! )

well yes it apparently is French - I work with a French national who tells me its what you move onto when your grandchild has a baby ... the equivalent to our GreatGrandma ...

so rather than making herself a young grandma by choosing what she thinks is clever she's actually dating herself :whistling:

meh - I don't like her so I'm happy <because I'm total evil that way!>;)

My parents are Khun Yai (grandmother, mother of the mother and pronounced as in why) and Khun Ta (grandfather, father of the mother) to my Thai niece. I like how children/families individualise titles to suit.
I regret being Khun Khun on here as it's what my niece calls me and I would prefer to be called Fiona. I was scrounging for a name when I joined and that popped into my head first. My request to admin to change my name has fallen on blind eyes.
That's amusing me no end about Mimi as my sister is Mimi to my niece and her father is Didi. More amusing as my sister speaks fluent French.
When is poppet due to arrive?

I'm guessing its something only a native speaker understands the nuances of ...I was looking at translations online and don't see what my coworker was saying - but then languages evolve over time and have little nuances so I'm going with what they told me and staying smug ;)

granny
noun
granny
mamie, mémé, grand-maman, grand-mère
grannie
mamie, mémé, fermière, grand-maman, grand-mère
nanny
nounou, nurse, mamie, mémé, bonne d'enfants
grandmamma
mamie, mémé, grand-maman, bonne-maman

my boys had "Nana" and "Nannie" ... I used to get funny looks from other mums at preschool if I mentioned the boys' Nannie as they were thinking I had a nanny <biatches were judgey!!> and if Nana was on the phone I always checked if it was Nana in NZ or Nannie in Australia (just to be sure I put on my "nice daughterinlaw" voice <wasn't fooling anyone!!!> ;)

I do not recall even making this video, yet apparently I did, but it never saw the light of day until now.

I managed to recover everything from my fucked hard drive. Not sure this is a good thing? You decide. :D

I do not recall even making this video, yet apparently I did, but it never saw the light of day until now.

I managed to recover everything from my fucked hard drive. Not sure this is a good thing? You decide. :D

LOLZ.
Presumably the nipple slip was off camera.

Xoxoxo

Congrats GEEGEE ( almost like I want to say giddyup)
Great to hear happy news.

Back