Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Night one of two for me. Not into it at all tonight.
Back into it for three nights. Got two hours sleep in prep for it. I suspect that the end of January which is the finishing time frame for this 'tour of duty' may extend until well into next year. I'm covering someone who's using up long service leave prior to retirement and she'd need extensive retraining if she did come back.

The only time I waste my money of lotto/gambling is the big events. It paid off last Melbourne Cup so fingers crossed for the next one!

On a related note I just don't get pokies at all. What's the allure? It's boring as bat shit to play them.

Same! Except I lost on the Melbourne Cup last year...

I too have never understood the allure of the pokies.

Pokies need to be blown up!

Years ago when they were one arm bandits, there was bit of fun - Not computerised

They need blowing up asap, Thanks Nick.......

Good Moanin to my favourite gaggle of debaucherers!

I am seriously loving this one week on one week off work lifestyle, and I have only had a $300 per fornight drop in pay, so I am starting to think a .6 might be the life for me. I work every second weekend, so the penalty rates means it is completely doable.

I have joined a local yoga group which has been great. Nothing frees your mind of bullshit quite like a downward dog. I have also embraced the garden, which was a chore I thought I hated. Turns out I might just love it. I have always loved the process of growing potted plants, so it is just an extension of that really. I am even liking the weeding side of it.

We finally bought an outdoor setting yesterday. It is really beautiful. We went with a glass top table, two matching lounge type chairs, and a matching three seater lounge as opposed to the usual table six chair option. It is going to be our go to Summer place. The pool area really looks resortish. My parter is so clever! He did it all himself. We are working on the laundry today, apparently I will be helping to "hang wall" what ever that means...

Now time for some OT updates from you guys!

Cmon! SPILL!!!!

P.s. That mean a Max update too <3

My OT update

28 Days to decide.

Esperance - Perth - Sydney - FNQ - NZ ............... I have no idea, as my past life decisions have been a total fail! Best head where there is water.

Yeah, that is my update - where to go, what to do, in so little time.

Reactions: Tee
My OT update

28 Days to decide.

Esperance - Perth - Sydney - FNQ - NZ ............... I have no idea, as my past life decisions have been a total fail! Best head where there is water.

What about Budapest? I have always wanted to go there...

I am seriously loving this one week on one week off work lifestyle, and I have only had a $300 per fornight drop in pay, so I am starting to think a .6 might be the life for me. I work every second weekend, so the penalty rates means it is completely doable.

I have joined a local yoga group which has been great. Nothing frees your mind of bullshit quite like a downward dog. I have also embraced the garden, which was a chore I thought I hated. Turns out I might just love it. I have always loved the process of growing potted plants, so it is just an extension of that really. I am even liking the weeding side of it.

We finally bought an outdoor setting yesterday. It is really beautiful. We went with a glass top table, two matching lounge type chairs, and a matching three seater lounge as opposed to the usual table six chair option. It is going to be our go to Summer place. The pool area really looks resortish. My parter is so clever! He did it all himself. We are working on the laundry today, apparently I will be helping to "hang wall" what ever that means...

Cmon! SPILL!!!!

Honestly that work schedule sounds perfect to me!

Hmm an update. Lately I'm learning how boring my life is - at least to other people. My mum enquired about my day and I mentioned, as a fun activity in between eating and sleeping, letting the baby look around the room for around half an hour! So glad it's warming up and we can venture outside, even if it's just to the small strip of grass I call my yard.

He's already six weeks old... he's growing up much too quickly!

My OT update

28 Days to decide.

Good luck with whatever you decide, so many options for you! I love south east asia and it's super cheap!

Cmon! SPILL!!!!

I used to do yoga, back in the day. It's surprising just how much of a work out it gives you. Urgh, good luck with the wall, you'll be holding sheets of plaster or whatev's while he screws it into place. Not much fun, but will look great :)

@jessy_girl - how the hell did he get that old already! Look out, he'll be smiling & starting to really be a little person soon, not just a sleeping/eating/crying/pooping machine.

well, out first year of footy is over, and my little man got most improved :) He was so surprised & super stoked. It's been a great season.

I used to do yoga, back in the day. It's surprising just how much of a work out it gives you. Urgh, good luck with the wall, you'll be holding sheets of plaster or whatev's while he screws it into place. Not much fun, but will look great :)

@jessy_girl - how the hell did he get that old already! Look out, he'll be smiling & starting to really be a little person soon, not just a sleeping/eating/crying/pooping machine.

well, out first year of footy is over, and my little man got most improved :) He was so surprised & super stoked. It's been a great season.

I know, right?! Time has officially sped up, in my world at least. Of course I want him to keep growing but not so fast. He's now apparently no longer a newborn but just a regular baby and I can definitely tell!

Wow congrats on most improved - can't ask for much more!!

Honestly that work schedule sounds perfect to me!

Hmm an update. Lately I'm learning how boring my life is - at least to other people. My mum enquired about my day and I mentioned, as a fun activity in between eating and sleeping, letting the baby look around the room for around half an hour! So glad it's warming up and we can venture outside, even if it's just to the small strip of grass I call my yard.

He's already six weeks old... he's growing up much too quickly!
It is!

I am LOVING it!

I can not believe Maxi is 6 weeks! Has he learned any new tricks?

I love it. The teacher of my newest yoga group gives us a raw chocolate treat after class. Sounds delicious, tastes like a cold wombat turd with mint :(

I have commit myself to weekly lessons, it really is an exercise class for your soul.

Congratulations on both surviving the footy season and having the most improved player award given to your son. Xo

Good Moanin to my favourite forum freaks!

Welcome to your first day of Spring!!!!!

Pool gazebo has finally been completed!

We went for an eclectic, industrial, vintage look with a sprinkle of KMart and a splash of repurposing!

image.jpeg

It is going to be the holder of many Spring/Summer BBQ's this year!

It is!

I am LOVING it!

I can not believe Maxi is 6 weeks! Has he learned any new tricks?

IKR?! In fact today he is 6 weeks and 4 days and it doesn't feel like long ago at all that I first saw him at his 6w4d scan! He's pretty clever, at least in the way probably ever mother thinks their baby is for doing the most basic things, plus he is seriously strong. He has a habit of kicking me actually, but honestly I'm just impressed with that lower body strength rather than questioning why he wants to hurt me!

Well, he could have got Best On Ground!

#justsayin

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Haha yes well I did say "much more" :p

IKR?! In fact today he is 6 weeks and 4 days and it doesn't feel like long ago at all that I first saw him at his 6w4d scan! He's pretty clever, at least in the way probably ever mother thinks their baby is for doing the most basic things, plus he is seriously strong. He has a habit of kicking me actually, but honestly I'm just impressed with that lower body strength rather than questioning why he wants to hurt me!

Haha yes well I did say "much more" :p
Where are photos?!?

Where are photos?!?
Momma Bear PM'ed them.

I think Wayne Brown's obsessing and stalking of photos members have shared has left some unwilling to share their actual life publicly like we used to.

Remember that time he searched and stalked until he found your personal interactions on the Facebook page your church is affiliated with using the information you shared in this forum among friends? Fun times.

Given we asked Momma Bear for a picture and she sent a collage, I think she will be only too happy to show that beautiful boy off some more. :)

We went for an eclectic, industrial, vintage look with a sprinkle of KMart and a splash of repurposing!

View attachment 51887

That looks sooooo good!!! Summer BBQ's at yours!!

Here's me warming up for your party :D

HPbebuO.gif

View attachment 51887

Looks very fresh. I do like the tiles.

Reactions: Tee
Where are photos?!?

Hang on I'll message you. I think the seemingly-but-thankfully-not-actually-never-ending saga of WB was a reminder about the perils of the interwebs. When a forum for a cancelled reality tv is not safe then nowhere is!

Oh and speaking of internet weirdos, what do people think became of Trala's friend @fingers? She came, she obsessed and she left...

Back