Skip to main content

Ed and the Cards Montage

S

Sarah Smith

I loved how much they ridiculed Ed and his ongoing 'cards' reference

The montage with the day counter was classic, clearly demonstrating how he has continuously stated he had some cards to play when the time is right and exactly how long those ramblings have gone on for.

What an a-class idiot

Then for Sonia to make a joke about how he better do it soon, was also very funny.

I'm just so happy that the producers highlighted how silly all his serious mutterings about still having cards up his sleeve, when we all know he's got nothing and is never going to do anything apart from bitch, moan and mutter

Yeah, it's strange. How long will he hold onto these cards? Is he waiting to play them when they say it's time for him to go?

Yeah, it's strange. How long will he hold onto these cards? Is he waiting to play them when they say it's time for him to go?

Probably. It just comes back to him not wanting to upset anyone in any way while he's in there.

Probably. It just comes back to him not wanting to upset anyone in any way while he's in there.

Maybe his cards and the bombs he's going to drop are all reserved for his goodbye video to the housemates. He gets to reveal things and not have to be there to face up to it.

It is frustrating. I don't mind Ed but really, in a game like this, what kind of "card" could you possibly be holding onto? It's not like he found a Hidden Immunity Idol. If he's talking about some sort of information bombshell...I can't imagine what kind of dirt a player in this game could reveal that the audience wouldn't already know about. "Here's my card...Tim is playing you all!" Yes...yes we know that. And on another season that might have been a weapon, but the game has changed, my friend.

Maybe, maybe, it's something like "hey Mum, when I get to Day 70, tell the world you have cancer" or something, trigger the sympathy vote. Now that would be an impressive play, but even then you could never admit to anyone that it was a "card" or it would completely backfire. (That's an awful tactic, haha, but that's the only sort of pre-planned "card" I can think of.)

Maybe his cards and the bombs he's going to drop are all reserved for his goodbye video to the housemates. He gets to reveal things and not have to be there to face up to it.

That's absolutely correct! The all abs and no guts ED will reveal his cards from the comfort snd safety of his parting evcition message to the house where he will no doubt have a massive dig at Tim.

Sly ED the gutless cardholder.
Sly ED the toothless Tiger.

Perhaps he is going to finally admit he is a friend of Dorothy... but obviously that would blow his 'relationship' with Jade out of the water and make him look like a nasty person... so he is waiting for Jade to be evicted and week after week she is saved. (I know this isn't true but a girl can dream!)

It's all bravado and an attempt to appear more clued in than he is. There are no cards unless they're up his ass.

That said, I felt like the show was a bit of a SpEd bashing session. When Sonia mentioned Jade trying to save the man who sacrificed her because he was afraid of Tim. BURN! Biased or not, I loved it.

Perhaps he is going to finally admit he is a friend of Dorothy... but obviously that would blow his 'relationship' with Jade out of the water and make him look like a nasty person... so he is waiting for Jade to be evicted and week after week she is saved. (I know this isn't true but a girl can dream!)
WHo is Dorothy?

Yep, pretty sure Ed's going home with a full deck of cards. ;)
You see you need to know when to play the cards and its important to keep your cards close but not to play them too soon. Its also important to PLAY SOMETHING lol

hahahahaha, silly Ed and his silly cards. :)

Ed is just trying to win some votes and the public has been buying into it. Loved Sonia's shot at Ed, we probably will have to wait for his cards until the Finale though, if he wants to play these so called "cards" then he'll have to go quickly, there's a good chance it's Ed that's going this week... every other nominated housemate has a strong fan base, every other time Ed has been up he's had at least one person that's up with him who doesn't have a huge fan base.

Haha, never heard that before.

I thought it was appropriate as the rumour is Ed is in the closet like the unfortunate gay people who were forced to keep their sexuality a secret when the expression was coined. The theatrical world was the only one which welcomed gay people and protected them.

Last edited:
When Sonia mentioned Jade trying to save the man who sacrificed her because he was afraid of Tim. BURN! Biased or not, I loved it.

It was a total burn, and I loved it too. The show was a bit biased against Ed, but he's so self important and always tries so hard to portray himself as fighting for truth and justice that he has made himself a target for ridicule. Especially because he has sacrificed friendships for the game, something he claims only Tim does.

Back