Skip to main content

Dreamworld Staff Think BB11 Will Happen

daveo

Ultimate Big Brother fan!
A few weeks ago upon my visit to Dreamworld when I was discussing Big Brother 10 and how I think it will be the last series ever as Channel 9 haven't kept a concrete schedule I was left with a very interesting response

'This year definatly won't be the last year of Big Brother as Nine has contractors booked in, to come to look at the site for Big Brother 2014 at the end of January. He also went on to say how Nine extending Big Brother is an indication of them being happy with the show and wanting to continue with it'

Regardless of what he says I honestly believe and am kinda hoping this will be the last year of Big Brother. It is painful watching my favourite show get torn up and seen as a fill in. They should just give it back to Network Ten at least they'd handle it better and besides just because the contractors are booked doesn't mean they are renewing it after the uncertainly of scheduling from Nine as shocking ratings(although the Dreamworld staff member said the ratings were good for 90 mins and the audience demographics were excellent).

If Nine does pick Big Brother up again next year I don't know if I'll be able to handle watching the show if it is shown in the way it has this year, it has been ridiculous and felt like it's just there to fill in time. Wish they would just listen to what the fans wanted, what the fans are asking for really wouldn't be that hard to do and it would be a lot less draining than the current schedule

Last edited:
The contractors could be looking at the house to see what they could potentially turn it into for something entirely different :p

I have no idea but hopefully if they bring it back they will completely revamp it and make it much more entertaining.

Next year, later timeslot. More mature content. Please!
Wont happen, more money to be made in a "family friendly-ed" version of BB.

Have a read through the ratings thread (stickied). It's performing exceptionally well in the demos.

I honestly don't understand MANY decisions that networks make, nevertheless I feel like it would be almost a definite to return to NINE in 2014.

Yeah, it's like 9 has bought the show to fill up spots in its schedule rather than looking at the treatment bb needs. Ok you don't want to give 24/7 live feeds? Then at least give us a form of uplate on a daily basis on one of your various channels. Also you need to give weekend content.

If you can't do that, give it back to 10 and hopefully they'll be able to show how to handle it again.

Looks its totally possible it will come back but a) Dreamworld is not the authority on this, it would be SSE or similar, I would imagine and b) that doesn't mean much, maybe they are just seeing what the space is like and what other purposes it might serve.

It probably will come back, but as to whether it will be a good show is another discussion.

Hoping and praying that Channel 10 gets desperate and pays big bucks for BB. They would be so lucky to have the ratings BB is currently getting. I can't believe they are reviving SYTYCD... that is a bad call. But again, that is another discussion.

Maybe its time for a new executive producer. Hopefully Peter Abbott also decides he wants his job back for some reason.

Nine wont let this format go, its worked so well for them and been a major TV talking point for the last two years. But when it does come back (yes, that's how certain I am) they will change it. Not much, but they will. If its for the better or not, only time will tell....

This year they took a baby step back from family friendly, It'll probably step back a bit more next year. Baby steps, baby steps!!

Up late // Friday Night Live // Uncut // Live feeds
Family friendly is boring

Dreamworld have no say in if BB returns, its Channel 9.

I love how Dreamworld staff feel they know what's going on.

They cant even organise an auditorium or paying people.

There has been no work from CH9 or SSE about BB2014.

BBAU have copied many ideas from BBUK. They need to copy their schedule.
9-30pm - 11.30pm EVERY night ... 1 hour of highlights + 1 hour BB discussion with small studio audience.

My friend will be happy with this news. He has been dying to audition.

We need LIVE Showdown and LIVE footage of the house streamed online to make the show better.

Considering the demos, it is likely that BB will return. However, with the swop and change schedule and the decreasing of the hours..Less viewers turning in, Nine might decide to postpone BB11. Who knows, I think it's very up in the air!

Dreamworld have no say in if BB returns, its Channel 9.

I love how Dreamworld staff feel they know what's going on.

They cant even organise an auditorium or paying people.

There has been no work from CH9 or SSE about BB2014.

Buzzkill. :p

The contractors could be looking at the house to see what they could potentially turn it into for something entirely different :p

I have no idea but hopefully if they bring it back they will completely revamp it and make it much more entertaining.

Last time it was 'completely revamped' (8th series) was by FAR the worst series ever...the whole thing was fucking stupid and didn't even feel like Big Brother at all.

BBAU have copied many ideas from BBUK. They need to copy their schedule.
9-30pm - 11.30pm EVERY night ... 1 hour of highlights + 1 hour BB discussion with small studio audience.

Would love that, however BBAU would die if that happened. Australia goes to bed earlier than Europe, so their prime time is a lot later than our prime time. BBAU would do very poorly in the ratings if it were moved to a later time slot. I would really love a BOTS-style show, it'd need good guests and a great host to carry it though - and we don't have great talent like that here.

Regardless of what he says I honestly believe and am kinda hoping this will be the last year of Big Brother. It is painful watching my favourite show get torn up and seen as a fill in.

It's really not that bad. That sounds like a dramatic reaction. They're doing a lot better than last year, and after reviewing past series on Ten, the only real differences are the TV hours and we saw boobs.

They should just give it back to Network Ten at least they'd handle it better...

They didn't even take it from Ten. Ten let go of it. Unfortunately Ten doesn't have the money to bring it back and still the show would not be different to what we have right now. The audience has changed from the years on Ten. And after all, Ten is responsible for placing Kyle and Jackie O in the hosting role in 2008 and made the show the way it was which brought it to its death. Ten would make a cheaper show than Nine is right now.

I'd be happy if they axed it alex just doesn't get the point it needs the live feed to keep people interested there's nothing between shows its hard to get to know the hm's
Also nine has watered it down so much its pathetic nothing really goods happening
Its time to bring the axe down on it and sonia lacks personality shes so fake hosting it

I'd be happy if they axed it alex just doesn't get the point it needs the live feed to keep people interested there's nothing between shows its hard to get to know the hm's
Also nine has watered it down so much its pathetic nothing really goods happening
Its time to bring the axe down on it and sonia lacks personality shes so fake hosting it

Live feed costs are higher than what it's worth, which I know you already know. Live feeds just aren't all that worth it. I agree it is hard to get to know the housemates, especially considering twists that happen at the start of the season (like last year) which overload us with BB twists rather than a true representation of each housemate.

In regards to the watering down, they've definitely let loose a lot more this year and given us more content - and really, how much more is really happening that is interesting? They do nothing all day, what we see is the best bits of the mundane routine.

Sonia's a good host (in general) but certainly not suited for BB. However BB here is geared toward a younger audience and she seems to work well with coddling to what kids would find entertaining.

If we'd had a proper live feed this year, or even worse, paid for it this forum would've broken the Internet by now with outrage. This is not only the most sanitised set of HMs I've ever seen on any version of BB (maybe social media has played a part in being image conscious?) but the majority of them have partners and aren't into cheating. Even during the LNF's they didn't do anything scandalous... not even close to it. So it's not like we're losing out on hookups, much nudity or even great adult conversations. Two weeks in a row the guys resorted to trying to piece together the perfect female HM when left to their own devices. Not really worth the cost of a proper live feed. The only thing we're missing out on is continuity of conversations for the most part but that's easily pieced together between the LF updates and the DS. Basically you know when a LF cuts out right when it seems to get interesting you'll see it the next night or whatever. Yeah we've lost out on things like what outside info did Maddie reveal to get into trouble (although I think we've figured that out after Mikk spilled it tonight) and did Nathan really hear Tahan say that about her friends (although he clarified that also).

I guess I'm just happy that we get something at all and even more so that it's apparently decent enough for people overseas to not only be fans of our version but in many cases prefer it! That's saying a lot. Ch 10 is broke and whatever pennies they have left are justifiably going to Offspring so there's no hope of them even wanting BB back. Demos are great this year so I'm quite confident it'll be back and Ch 9 will sort out the scheduling hiccups next year considering they only acquired AGT this year also. They've had time to suss out the scheduling so next year there'll be no room for excuses.

Back