• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

Donate to behindbigbrother.com

Tim

All seeing pink butthole floating in space.
Staff member
Administrator
A few people have asked if they can contribute to the site via a Paypal donation. You can! Here's the link:

How to donate - we aren't using the Paypal DONATE button anymore because of some issues, so if you would like contribute please log into Paypal and send money to [email protected]

Thank you muchly.

M

MissKLee

Yes, big thank you! :) May I ask, is there an amount that you would like members to donate in particular? Or just give as you can kinda deal?

3Jane

Ugh, PayPal. If that's the only way to donate, I'll try to dig out my PayPal set-up, or get my partner to do so. Give me a couple of days.

3Jane

How do you do life without paypal? I use it weekly at least! haha

In Australia, most payments are made by credit card over a secure server. I remember reading that the US and some other countries are more at risk of credit card fraud because of something the banks do, or don't do, I can't remember what exactly.

I don't use eBay or have a Facebook account either. I'm practically, like, off the grid, man. :D

bleachy_dude

Awesome site donor
In Australia, most payments are made by credit card over a secure server. I remember reading that the US and some other countries are more at risk of credit card fraud because of something the banks do, or don't do, I can't remember what exactly.

I don't use eBay or have a Facebook account either. I'm practically, like, off the grid, man. :D

Haha. Off the grid indeed. I am australian :) plenty of shopping sites use PayPal :)

3Jane

Haha. Off the grid indeed. I am australian :) plenty of shopping sites use PayPal :)

Oh. :eek:. Maybe I avoid those sites.

The credit card issue with the US is real, I'm not just being anti-American. This article is from 2011 but it jogged my memory. I read a more recent one about what different countries' credit card details are worth on the black market, due to the likelihood that they've already been mined.

American credit- and debit-card data are usually stored unencrypted on a magnetic stripe on the back of each card, which thieves can easily and cheaply copy. The U.S. and some nonindustrialized countries in Africa are among the only nations still relying on magstripe payment cards, which came into wide use in the 1970s. China has announced that it will no longer produce or accept such cards after 2015; American travelers are already finding that their cards aren’t accepted at some gas stations, parking facilities, subways, and merchants in Europe. The European Central Bank has recommended that banks stop issuing magstripe cards after 2012.

Most other countries are shifting to what are known as EMV “smart cards” (the acronym comes from Europay MasterCard Visa). Smart cards use multiple layers of security, starting with a computer chip in each card that stores and transmits encrypted data and a unique identifier that can change with each transaction.

From ConsumerReports.org http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2011/june/money/credit-card-fraud/overview/index.htm

vid

Living #the dream
Staff member
Administrator
Look the recording gear is under my staircase in some Harry Potter kind of hiatus but that doesn't mean it could be brought out into the daylight

Danny

Bulge Inspector
Awesome site donor
I would donate for podcasts, just saying. Gimme a few days and I'll contribute something.

Tim

Staff member
Administrator
I'm making another shameless call for donations.

If you're a fan of the site please consider contributing a few gold bullion, since we're having some issues with our other revenue streams right now.

You can send paypal donations to [email protected]

Last edited:

misspuddingface

My centre of gravity sucks...
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
Donediggity.

I hope PayPal don't freeze your account again as I put the description as "to help bring up our lovechild". Haha

Tim

Staff member
Administrator
Donediggity.

I hope PayPal don't freeze your account again as I put the description as "to help bring up our lovechild". Haha

Yes I am very over frozen accounts right now.

You'll notice that no ads are being displayed on BBB right now.

Hence the call for donations to keep us afloat.