Skip to main content

Doctor Who

DJs here in Sydney has a ton of merchandise. Some nice sets with multiple figurines. No Martha - always Rose if an assistant is featured. I liked the Face of Boe best.

What sort of prices are DJ's charging?

Considering there's only 6 of them nation wide it might actually be a shock to find for once, Toys 'R' Us is the cheaper alternative.

Did you see the Vicar of Dibley finale last night? Tee hee, the looney blonde woman (she had teletubies as bridesmaids at her own wedding) was matron of honour dressed as Doc Who as played by David Tennant, and bridesmaids were Daleks, fantastic.

Bonnie Langford was on The Weakest Link on UKTV last night, she won too.

They've been advertising the Saturday Night Project, coming soon, which is full of David Tennant, like that skit with him in drag, & other clips of him hosting it.

Oh & Faith Brown was voted out the day before yesterday on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here on UKTV. She played a Cryon in Attack Of The Cybermen.

Did you see the Vicar of Dibley finale last night? Tee hee, the looney blonde woman (she had teletubies as bridesmaids at her own wedding) was matron of honour dressed as Doc Who as played by David Tennant, and bridesmaids were Daleks, fantastic.

Oh crap that would have been hilarious

What sort of prices are DJ's charging?

Considering there's only 6 of them nation wide it might actually be a shock to find for once, Toys 'R' Us is the cheaper alternative.

Had no idea only 6 Toys 'R' Us. I avoid them like the plague. Although I did get a good deal on an NDS with Nintendogs included.

DJ's can sometimes be surprisingly good value. Sales are rare too, but when they happen I'm all ears!

I'll monitor the prices and see what they do come the first day after Boxing Day. That's when they have a sale BUT.... they remove a lot of stock and put a lot of "second" ranked stock in as substitutes. Rather tricky but they have been doing that for years. Interesting if the DW stuff goes on sale.

That was fantastic like some crazy balloon woman, great little show, wonderful loopy characters. My fave vicar episode was one Christmas the vicar was too nice to say no to anyone & had to eat at every loopy characters house for Chrissie. She crawled home.
That mad woman who used to cook very odd things must be dead she wasn't in the finale.
French & Saunders on Parkie tonight should be good value.
Can you get Capt Jack figurines at DJ's? How much are the figurines?

I haven't been to Toys 'R' Us for donkeys years. Seeing a wall of Doctor Who merchandise goodness in the supermarkets makes me all :eek:, wonder what I'd be like in Toys 'R' Us. :D

Anyway, this Xmas spesh of Who is supposed to have an updated theme tune. Just wondering what was wrong with the 'old' one? :(

I found this Dr Who article today :
(Mostly rumours)

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,20797,22958281-5012980,00.html

Dalek-Snowman-Poster.jpg

From Danny Deckchair to Dr Who. Rhys Ifans would be outstanding - if he was irascible. We need one of those. And I've just found out he's going out with Sienna Miller. Way to go Rhys!

Yeah, he's the guy in the undies in that crap Julia/hugh movie isn't he? Plenty of better propects. I would love John Simm, I jnow he's been the Master but Who could explain that away.
The Docs absolutely need to be sexy now for of course lots of reasons.
And one reason - Capt Jack will just blast him off the screen whenever he pops back, Jack is very sexy, sexy companions generally, Doc has to be sexy too.

Oh my God. The ABC Shop is right opposite where I work and I saw them stocking their new window display (like the 11th hour before Xmas - what gives?) with DW gear, mixed in with some kiddie toys.

Sounds like their main range sold out and they are resorting to displaying their "second" discount range BEFORE the Boxing Day sales. I'm a punter - I smell a discount post Xmas.

Oh yeah. Prices. Will get onto that...

Have you bought the 'Flight control' Tardis yet, CS ?

David Jones Toy section were displaying them in prime position last week for $40 each. Of course I could not resist buying one for my sci fi cabinet.
Not bad value, good detail and sound effects... now I need to find a scale Doctor figurine to suit.

Blurb:
Imported from the UK! Where would the Doctor be without his trusty TARDIS? The Flight Control TARDIS Playset is scaled for the 5" Doctor Who action figures, features an inward opening door, and when lifted, tilted, or shaken makes the trademark wheezing/grinding sound of a TARDIS as it dematerializes! Figure not included.

dr-who-flightcontrol-01.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Tardis money box hehe........

In the ABC shop there is even a Tardis model kit. Boy do they
know how to milk fans for money. It's a big folder which contains
parts to make a model of the console and arches over it. Not sure
what materials are used but it's kinda pricey too, for what it is.

In the ABC shop there is even a Tardis model kit. Boy do they know how to milk fans for money. It's a big folder which contains parts to make a model of the console and arches over it. Not sure
what materials are used but it's kinda pricey too, for what it is.

I saw that and was going to get it for someone, but it's paper/cardboard based so I think it'd be pretty flimsy.

Back