Skip to main content

Do you prefer this season or last year's?

Which BB season is better, 2012 or 2013?

• Big Brother 2012

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Big Brother 2013

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters

Shackles

The pen is mightier than the sword.
2012 and 2013 BB seasons were similar in most aspects (host, house design and even the set of housemates). Which do you prefer?

I loved last year's better. The housemates were amazing, the most of them. They grew so much into me.

This one is alright, but the housemates, as a whole, pale in comparison with last year's (they seem more forgettable - Sharon, Jasmine, Sisters, Rohan - I mean, still remember Charne and Ray and Ryan vividly).

The editing ignores most of the HMs this year, overall I think this year had a potentially better cast but I'm not liking how it's worked out so far. It's hard to compare until you are really near the end of it though, last year's picked up in the second half.

I can't compare seasons because I like them all... I enjoy getting to know the new housemates and love each season for different reasons...

I'm feeling that were just not getting as much access/content as we did last year.

As you said charne, ray, Ryan, etc had a lot of input especially ray and Ryan yet some on this show just don't seem to be going anywhere.

And is it so hard big brother to put up the goodbye videos on the website as it is played to the housemates? That is one of the biggest gripes I actually have this year. I loved seeing the words they have for each of them and if any of them get teary, etc yet they haven't even shown us one! Would have loved to have seen Xavier and Rohans comments for everyone, and jasmin with what she said, and Caleb and if everyone was still crying at his message etc.

Last years housemates were better overall but Tim just makes this year for me, he's clearly understanding and manipulating the game better than anyone ever before. I loved Stacey, Ben, Josh and Michael (pre-Estelle) last season and every housemate had something but this year the housemates are very bland and very conscious about what Australia and the other housemates are thinking of them.
Tim's just makes BB2013 for me and that makes me more generally interested in the series.

Hmm it is hard to say for me. I think this year started with to many housemates. There was no need for the late comers. It has meant there has been to many housemates and we have not been able to know them all. I also am not a fan of the scheduling this year and the lack of weekend footage. I agree that last year the housemates were much more memorable. I still remember Charne, Ryan, Sarah and Ray but I hardly remember Sharon, Xavier, Rohan, and Jazz.

I think this years housemates are better but last years series and housemates really grew on me and I am still waiting for that to happen this year. I also liked last years house better and I hate how in this years house, there is no windows into the living room which means there is no sunlight into the house. This is the first time this has happened in all 10 BBAU series. All other series had window sliding doors leading from the lounge room to the backyard. I also preferred Delilah over Mr. Clooney. The best housemate across both seasons is in this series though and that is Tim. Hmm tough decision but as it stands now, I am going to have to vote 2012. I have surprised myself with that choice.

I think the worst thing about this season is that because there is no show on Saturday and Sunday and only 30 mins on Friday, I feel like instead of being 1 whole series, it is split into weeks. I feel like I really enjoy the show one week and then it all goes away over the weekend because of the long break with limited footage and I have to get into it again the next week, instead of getting into it say week 3 and then being into it the rest of the series.

Editing, lack of live feed and irritating scheduling aside, this series is 1000 x better.

Last year was so boring to me. I could never get fully into it. It was a very "nothing" series IMO. This year, however, is engaging... when each ep ends I want more! I like this years cast much more as well.

i prefer this year
i find these housemates to be more normal and easier to relate to (with one obvious exception)

the ever diminishing content provided to viewers is disturbing though. you'd think they could do better with 3 tv channels and a website.

This year is 1000x better than last year, even though production as whole this year is horrendous (6 people up every week? Who the hell created that?). It boils down to the housemates for me, and I love 90% of the housemates this year, it's just a fantastic mix of people. While last year I struggled to like ANYONE, they all seemed the same and EXTREMELY attention seeking. In example, when anyone was evicted they'd scream and shout and jump up and down when they'd walk through the gates, or everytime someone was saved they'd scream and run around the room, or when Sonia appeared on the screen they'd jump up shouting and waving, or whenever someone would do something wild they'd call it attention seeking then go and do something MORE attention seeking. GAH!! :( Sorry about the rant but I despised BB9 with an infinite passion. Vent over :D

Why are the evicted housemates this year hardly getting any twitter followers? The first 5 evictees this year have the following twitter followers:

Sharon: 1, 865 followers
Rohan: 2, 600 followers
Xavier: 4, 404 followers
Jasmin: 2, 965 followers
Caleb: 4, 904 followers

The first 5 evictees last year have the following number of followers:

Charne: 11, 233 followers
Ryan: 26, 519 followers
Sarah: 12, 943 followers
Ray: 21, 166 followers
George: 24, 530 followers

Yes I know last years housemates have had an extra year to build their followers but they gained the majority of their's in the immediate weeks following their eviction. Is this an accurate sign that the greater public preferred last years housemates? I just can not work out why the 2012 housemates have so many more followers. Is it because the 2013 housemates who have been evicted have hardly been featured in the show? I wonder if the bigger characters like Tim, Ben, Mikkayla, Tully, Tahan, ect. ect. will get more followers.

Definitely too many housemates this year but I prefer 2013. I still feel like it could be SO much better if we had a weekend show and some more live footage because the massive gap makes me forget stuff that even happened.

Also the lack of twitter followers for this years evictees is because in my eyes they really didn't do much (probably because there were too many in there) and they didn't stand out. I still remember vividly Charne, Ryan, Sarah, Ray and George and I can recall moments of theirs whereas now I think of Sharon/Rohan/Xavier and I'm like "uh what" :p

This year is better. Last year was full of cliques, this year everyone's mixing it up, and you can much more easily see each HM's fanbase. Personalities of the HMs are all really diverse. Well selected.

Except Katie and Lucy; I think they should have made it so they shouldn't be allowed to be any closer than 3m. or 6m.

This year's house>>>>>>>>

Hated Michael (I bet he's mad that he isn't hosting games night anymore) and Ben

They're two very similar series for me, the same as series 6 and 7 are hard to tell apart from each other. They just have a very similar feel, from both being on Channel 9, to not having a live feed, to being mostly PG, to the housemates seeming younger because I'm older, to not being able to connect as much as in previous seasons. They're both passable, but neither is a great series.

Back