Skip to main content

Did I miss the storm?

insider06

I just remembered all those "a storm is coming" advertisements before the show started. What I want to know is, did I miss the storm? What was it? Was it the housemates being paired up? Was it Dion and Jason spending the night in that plastic cylinder?

I just remembered all those "a storm is coming" advertisements before the show started. What I want to know is, did I miss the storm? What was it? Was it the housemates being paired up? Was it Dion and Jason spending the night in that plastic cylinder?
The power.

Plastic cylinder + $10k each for Katie and Priya.

The plastic cylinder wasn't all that eventful, at least that we saw... But the money has certainly stirred things up.

What the hell was the world first? Playing in pairs..... Umm that's been done before BBUS season 9. Does production really think that they can get away with saying "World First" in 2014. :bang::bang::bang: It's not that hard to look this kind of stuff up.

And Yes @insider06 worst storm EVER!!!

The latest promo says 2 NEW Housemates will enter the eye of the storm. The eye of a tropical cyclone is basically clear skies and a gentle breeze. So is that what the Channel 9 promo department are getting at?

Because the graphics suggest otherwise ;)

The latest promo says 2 NEW Housemates will enter the eye of the storm. The eye of a tropical cyclone is basically clear skies and a gentle breeze. So that what the promo department are getting at?

Yes I noted this as well. If you're going to be in a storm, the eye would be the place you would *want* to be. But somehow I suspect this detail has escaped their attention, as surely the 2 new HMs entering and the power shifting are two separate episodes?

"The Storm" they've been promoting was the backlash from BB fans over the lacklustre BS that we get to see.
At least they got that right.
Maybe it was referring to people whinging about no feeds and no updates?

Yes I noted this as well. If you're going to be in a storm, the eye would be the place you would *want* to be. But somehow I suspect this detail has escaped their attention, as surely the 2 new HMs entering and the power shifting are two separate episodes?

Well something of interest... Tuesday is to be the day that Evictions are held in front of a live audience. This next week, there's no eviction (nominations haven't occured yet!). But there's also no tickets to a Tuesday show. Perhaps something relating to the alleged 2 NEW housemates is being slotted in there?

Well something of interest... Tuesday is to be the day that Evictions are held in front of a live audience. This next week, there's no eviction (nominations haven't occured yet!). But there's also no tickets to a Tuesday show. Perhaps something relating to the alleged 2 NEW housemates is being slotted in there?
Sun Pairs change/New HOHs
Mon $30k offer
Tue New HMs
Wed ep with noms slotted in
?

The only Storm is the NRL team. No storm happenin' in the BB house, that's fo' sho!

Yeah I think the storm may have changed course and missed Australia after all

Silouettes of Gemma and Lawson are used in the advert for the new HOH team....they wouldnt be stupid enough to show us now though would they?

Well, yes, the eye of the storm is quite serene (and eerily so), but hat is how the show describes the HOH pair. That means the OTHER HMs are in the 'storm'. Given that the second episode was "the storm has arrived", my hopes for some spectacular visual FX in the backyard with several fire-hoses or rain bars have sadly been dashed.

Mind you, it's early days. Who knows what physical FX they might have planned - then again, this is NINE. :(

Mind you, it's early days. Who knows what physical FX they might have planned - then again, this is NINE. :(
Sadly, the only FX we're likely to get are more of those shitty Power Ranger looking lightning bolt SFX graphics.

If two new HMs are entering the house, they would normally get immunity from nominations, so perhaps they are entering the (lovely and calm) eye of the storm by getting The Power?

Back