Skip to main content

Did BB do a backflip live on air?

Talk That Talk

They said that if Aisha doesn't choose to leave then another housemate would go last night, then started talking about voters not waisting money because another HM will go tonight (Wed). Seemed so on the spot like they changed their minds while on air. What a mess.

I think they realised during taping that the way Big Brother explained it, it sounded like your money could go down the drain.

When it went to air there was a surge of WTFs on Twitter but the show is delayed 20 minutes even when live so they wouldn't have been reacting directly to that.

I do think the shoddy Plan B to drag Travis into the equation was almost made up on the spot, or only a few minutes beforehand. Big Brother almost sounded huffed and annoyed when he ordered Priya out and Travis in.

Once again, car crash TV.

Well if Priya hadn't chose Aisha, the money for two housemates to go 'together' presumably wouldn't have been on the table. Kind of weird they actually included Travis given he was most saved on the previous eviction. Presumably they would regard him as an asset to the show. So why not just offer Aisha $50K? That'd be tough to turn down. Or if they really need someone out they should've made Aisha call in the next person, and then that person call another, until someone took it.

Well if Priya hadn't chose Aisha, the money for two housemates to go 'together' presumably wouldn't have been on the table. Kind of weird they actually included Travis given he was most saved on the previous eviction. Presumably they would regard him as an asset to the show. So why not just offer Aisha $50K? That'd be tough to turn down. Or if they really need someone out they should've made Aisha call in the next person, and then that person call another, until someone took it.
Apparently it was a set up, Priya was asked several questions and the producers then picked the one she gave Aisha as the answer. For some reason they are hellbent on getting one of Aisha, Travis or both out of the game. Very peculiar if you ask me.

Last edited:
I think they realised during taping that the way Big Brother explained it, it sounded like your money could go down the drain.

The way BB explains things is often confusing or ambiguous. For these power-plays like mixing up the pairs, or the $20,000 self-eviction, which are apparently thought out ahead of time, a script would help.

For some reason they are hellbent on getting one of Aisha, Travis or both out of the game. Very peculiar if you ask me.

That's exactly how it seems!! Like it's some strategy to get rid of Trav and Aisha, but why? What if Priya hadn't chosen Aisha?

Say she had chosen Lawson, would BB have called in Cat?

Or if she had chosen Skye, would he have called in Leo?

Very peculiar!

That's exactly how it seems!! Like it's some strategy to get rid of Trav and Aisha, but why? What if Priya hadn't chosen Aisha?

Say she had chosen Lawson, would BB have called in Cat?

Or if she had chosen Skye, would he have called in Leo?

Very peculiar!
yeah very weird ....very surprised that they called Travis in ....so is they take the cash then three Hm's will have been evicted this week????

Apparently it was a set up, Priya was asked several questions and the producers then picked the one she gave Aisha as the answer. For some reason they are hellbent on getting one of Aisha, Travis or both out of the game. Very peculiar if you ask me.

It all feeds back to their desire to create their own contrived story lines that always revolve around couples.

They were really hoping Aisha would take the money because they'd have their storyline for the next week - "how will Travis cope without his love?".

They need a new storyline quick smart because the Lawson / Cat thing will get old very fast. So now with Plan B in action their storyline will be about Travis and Aisha in the sanctuary. If they don't take the money (likely) the storyline will then switch to, basically, "did they fuck in the sanctuary" and footage of them kanoodling together will be littered across the week in the form of flashbacks and cut-outs during conversations.

Vomit.

As I posted in an earlier thread, Travis is streets ahead of the others and pretty much has the game won 6 weeks out from the finish. Mavroidakis knows this and knows a competitive finish will garner better storylines and higher ratings.

That's why he wants one or both of Trav and Baby Aish out.

Problem is he balls'd it up as usual by a) not offering enough money to Aisha originally (should have REALLY enticed her with 50k) and b) not setting the rules of the offer properly and allowing Priya to lie to Aisha about why she chose her among other cock ups.

He really is a rubbish producer. Not very bright would be being kind.

It all feeds back to their desire to create their own contrived story lines that always revolve around couples.

They were really hoping Aisha would take the money because they'd have their storyline for the next week - "how will Travis cope without his love?".

They need a new storyline quick smart because the Lawson / Cat thing will get old very fast. So now with Plan B in action their storyline will be about Travis and Aisha in the sanctuary. If they don't take the money (likely) the storyline will then switch to, basically, "did they fuck in the sanctuary" and footage of them kanoodling together will be littered across the week in the form of flashbacks and cut-outs during conversations.

Vomit.
I used to like BBAU but it has surely changed and now one of the worst BB in the world

Personally I think Travis and Aisha should take the money. They would be stupid not to. So they probably won't.

Personally I think it'll make the show less interesting with out them though. They are together some of the more interesting people in the house. Whether you like them or not, the show will be blander with out them for sure.

Looking at the OS, I can't see voting numbers, so I assume it's the second least saved from last night that goes. So really if someone goes or doesn't money hasn't been wasted.

As I posted in an earlier thread, Travis is streets ahead of the others and pretty much has the game won 6 weeks out from the finish. Mavroidakis knows this and knows a competitive finish will garner better storylines and higher ratings.

That's why he wants one or both of Trav and Baby Aish out.

Problem is he balls'd it up as usual by a) not offering enough money to Aisha originally (should have REALLY enticed her with 50k) and b) not setting the rules of the offer properly and allowing Priya to lie to Aisha about why she chose her among other cock ups.

He really is a rubbish producer. Not very bright would be being kind.
I would love to be a fly on the wall of the production offices when these little stunts backfire.

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the production offices when these little stunts backfire.
Being a fly on the wall would be like being Big Brother - however if you were to be a fly on the wall of the production room this year you would only get:
30 minutes of viewing per week
A showmance between Alex and Jayla
And a new production assistant being hired every second day

I think they're petrified it will be a Travis, Aisha and Skye final three. These three get along like a house on fire. That doesn't make for very exciting tv. Aisha and Travis are psychotically jealous of each other, but Aisha isn't jealous of Skye so there wouldn't be any fire works. Travis and Aisha rarely disagree. They will just pash and sunbake. Hardly must see tv. Plus they share fans, so they split the voting 3 ways.

On the other hand if you have Skye, her nemesis Ryan and Lawson, the good magician gone bad as a final 3, people will be voting like mad to prevent Lawson from winning, even if the don't especially like the other two. Plus people will be very divided between Skye and Ryan, especially if they spend the week fighting, creating way more of a voting frenzy. It doesn't necessarily have to be these three, but i suspect they want people who don't get along so having Priya and David in the mix is another option as they don't get along. But Aisha, Travis and Skye might just not be very exciting.

Back