Skip to main content

Design your ultimate BB live show set

marquisite

Original BB Fanatic
Staff member
Administrator
Earlier, Goon started a thread for designing your ultimate Big Brother house. So continuing along those lines, now's your opportunity to design a Big Brother live show set.

I'm sure any eviction/live show set alterations are well in advanced planning stages for 2014 by now, at least I hope. Should the plans be so basic like 2013, they've probably only just starting the plan right now. So lets give Alex, Channel 9 and the rest of the executive team some inspiration for good BB live show sets.

PS: You don't need to make a 3d model like I've done. Photoshopping a set would be just fine! If you're looking for a starting point, look around for pictures of other TV sets. E.g. BB show sets around the world, other reality TV show sets, etc.

Ready, set, GO!

And now it is your turn!

Attachments

• bbau9-seating-chart-modified.jpg
    bbau9-seating-chart-modified.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 274
So here's my creation designed in SketchUp Make 2013 (3d modelling program). Let my "home viewer" creation give the powers that be inspiration for coming up with a more interesting live show set - more than just a big projection screen. Please?!?

The set:

Eviction configuration:
BB-Dreamworld-Studios-share-eviction.jpg

Nominations configuration:
BB-Dreamworld-Studios-share-nominations.jpg

The central screen raises/lowers to reveal a rear entry portal:
BB-Dreamworld-Studios-share-raisedscreen.jpg

The concept of my set plan started adopts the basic BBUK-type Eye Logo shape, and then the rest of the set pieces like colour-changing LED strip, portrait television screens and the large central screen all fell into place from there.
BB-Dreamworld-Studios-Sketch-Template.gif

The red/purple and green/blue LED strips would be able to perform patterns similar to 2007. Perhaps the LEDs could be diffused once again, as it was in 2007 - see attached:
bb07-set-ledtubes.jpg

The central eviction plank would be much the same as 2013, with the glossy white lit flooring, but without the eye outline. Instead, there would be steps down to enable the golf buggy (or a car I guess, if sponsors permit) to pull up at the far end of the plank. The glossy white floor would also extend to the inner circle of the 'eye inspired' flooring.
bbau9-2013-set-glossyplank2.jpg

-----

And now it is your turn!

Last edited:
I love that set. I would like them to extend the eviction plank to the size it use to be this year and make the auditorium bigger again.

A bigger auditorium complete with a huge stage with led's in the background and a couch would make me so happy. I still think the live set has to be fixed up. It looks quite bland and lifeless and the eviction chairs were awful, it drove me insane, we need a couch back or something?

A bigger auditorium complete with a huge stage with led's in the background and a couch would make me so happy. I still think the live set has to be fixed up. It looks quite bland and lifeless and the eviction chairs were awful, it drove me insane, we need a couch back or something?
I agree 100%. Is it that difficult to get a red eviction couch in haha?

That looks pretty awesome. Very impressed with your work.

I cant say what I would like as my design cause they used my design with the eye up the back of the auditorium last year.

i downloaded the program give up in the first 10mins as i didn't know what i was doing:confused:

i downloaded the program give up in the first 10mins as i didn't know what i was doing:confused:

What program, SketchUp?

What are the dimensions of your stage

My dimensions are pure guesses, aided basically by Google Earth satellite imagery. With that said, see the attached image for an idea.

Attachments

• BB-Dreamworld-Studios-share-dimensions2.jpg
    BB-Dreamworld-Studios-share-dimensions2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 238

I cant say what I would like as my design cause they used my design with the eye up the back of the auditorium last year.

The 2013 design was certainly much better than 2012, however I feel moving forward the 2014 set needs to be much more interactive... Much more than just a stage but rather something more diverse... The previous sets are much too stationary and don't allow for enough movement... I just feel that there is so much more to the set that the circle Sonia stands in for most of the live show...

I just hated the fact the auditorium was all enclosed with the black last year, I hope they don't do that this year and have it open again. Having it enclosed made it so much smaller looking - Bring back the atmosphere with signs allowed and grass seating I say!

I did exactly the same a few years ago too. Just couldn't grasp it at all.

Like the design Marquisite - works really well and I think would work well without the audience too for shows such as nominations. I'd disagree with those who say make the auditorium bigger - I don't think that's necessary for evictions, though perhaps something they should do for the final.

I do think though for the entrance to the plank you need something more interesting than steps - never really understood why they dropped the opening eye this year when they moved it to that position - it makes more sense to use it there than it did last year just for Sonia's entrance. Like the rising screen at the back too - that's one of the things I think works really well on the Secret Story sets.

Here is a peek at my stage.

Please note that this is NOT finished and could look completely different when it is.

stage1.jpg

I just miss that screen that was in the back, and it also acted as a door. Like it was split in half so people could walk through or whatever

++++++ for having a freaking lounge, [MENTION=677]marquisite[/MENTION]

I don't give a toss what the rest of the stage looks like. Just give them a bloody comfortable looking lounge to sit for interviews. No stools or awkwardly placed chairs with high backs. FFS.

Back