• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

Dear Channel 7...

SeanE

I loathe sport on TV...
About the 4.00pm news...

If you're going to broadcast it nationally then perhaps it should be a *️national*️ level bulletin and not simply the Sydney local news.

Anyone beyond the Blue Mountsins truly doesn't give a damm about the local traffic conditions and local traffic accidents, which local business got robbed or burnt down or whatever, which suburbs are the best for real estate, and especially whatever is going on in the Rugby which only you and the Qld-ers really give a damm about. The other States say they care but really, we don't even remember the team names much less know whichever player's manager has scored a PR spot that night for his guy.

If you want to be a national broadcaster then acknowledge there are places other than Sydney, Melbourne, occasionally Brisbane, and Adelaide - but only if they've done something *️really*️ interesting, that exist in Australia.

reepbot

TINA ARENA FOREVER!
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/notmyaustralia-anger-over-seven-s-racist-sunday-night-segment-20180709-p4zqer.html

#️NotMyAustralia: Anger over Seven's 'racist' Sunday Night segment

"Barely a week goes by when they're not in the news. African gangs running riot, terrorising, robbing, wreaking havoc," went presenter Alex Cullen's fiery opening, blaming "political correctness" for police reluctance to "admit there's a problem".
The clip sparked an immediate backlash online, with Race Discrimination Commissioner Tim Soutphommasane among those criticising Seven.

"The promotion of this smacks of fear-mongering and racial hysteria," he wrote in a Twitter post. "Disappointing to see this kind of approach – it's a recipe for division and racial profiling."

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
has ch 7 always been this right wing?
No I don't think so, but it seems they have definitely swung in that direction in the last couple of years. I haven't been in AU during that time ofc but I always watched Seven News before because I loved Chris Bath, and didn't mind Mark Ferguson... and Nine's Peter Overton comes across as pompous. I never thought of Seven as having a right leaning bias before I left though. Except for perhaps in 2010 when they stalked former NSW transport minister David Campbell at a gay sex on premises venue.

reepbot

TINA ARENA FOREVER!
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/channel-7-accused-of-going-soft-on-racism-by-airing-interview-with-farright-leader/news-story/5aec26e0e445a49557da274ce386c027

Channel 7 accused of going soft on racism by airing interview with far-right leader
CHANNEL 7 News is in the midst of what some are calling a “Nazi PR disaster” after they aired a very questionable interview with a far-right leader.

CHANNEL 7 News has been accused of being soft on racism and neo-Nazi groups after it interviewed a far-right leader but failed to mention he had been convicted of racial vilification.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/sunrise-under-investigation-for-racist-segment/news-story/4f527c6fece509d5d438916c52fa2c39

Sunrise under investigation for ‘racist’ segment
THE Channel 7 breakfast show is under formal investigation over a segment on Aboriginal families that was labelled “highly offensive”.

The Australian Communications and Media Authority confirmed it was investigating whether the breakfast show had breached the commercial TV code of practice in a panel discussion on white families adopting indigenous children, The Guardian reported.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://junkee.com/kerri-pottharst-human-lamingtons/153388

Another Channel 7 Commentator Has Apologised For A Weirdly Racist Remark

Yet another Australian sports commentator has accidentally said something baffling and racist in the midst of a live broadcast, and oh man, why does this keep happening?

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
...so Channel 7 are now calling themselves "Australia's Royal Network" now eh?... how pathetically funny... I couldn't help but titter to myself... sad bastards!... cheers.

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
LOL

Suck eggs 9 & 7 last nights biggest losers = they won zero logies
All went to ABC/SBS/10

Hope our dopey PM got that message - hands off our ABC
Tom is a genius

Our ratings system is all wrong

Should please @Mr Stickyfingers immensely