Skip to main content

Deadly Dozen getting too powerful

I'm another who was thinking the same way, that the hoh power was increasing, but could it be arsed proving it.

No-one has used the hoh power effectively. Either they don't understand it or change tactics part way through. Okay, it is the first time this has been done, and no maths wiz has had the power yet, but a little thought could make a huge difference. Tossing out points willy nilly just to see what happens is a waste, as Priya showed. When you are on the top, it is almost impossible to save yourself as there will almost never be enough pints to do so. Better to get enemies in the red zone, more to annoy them than anything else, as they will wonder if the hoh did it to them or the other hms.

I am wondering if all the points have to be used. If the hoh is happy with what they see, they could just decide not to allocate points to anyone else. Or they could use them all up looking at everyone's position. Actually, that,would be fun and annoy the BB producers as well.

I am wondering if all the points have to be used. If the hoh is happy with what they see, they could just decide not to allocate points to anyone else. Or they could use them all up looking at everyone's position. Actually, that,would be fun and annoy the BB producers as well.

Yeah that's what pria did with her final point.

She had 7 people in the red zone, then proceeded to fuck it up by being an idiot - then got lucky and managed to get 7 back in the red zone with 1 point remaining, finally realised the benefit of this and then used her last point to view.

She iss sooo smrrtt.

Every time a person leaves this stupid power gets more and more powerful - less people to reveal and a lower number needed to get someone into the red zone.

The house points is obviously reducing in a predictable linear pattern (see graph a)
a.
mcAt07K.png

Which means the ratio of total points to the Deadly Dozen is getting lower exponentially (see graph b).
b.
spHVEkW.png

And obviously the name has cemented the points at 12 - so they can't reduce it now.

Also, couldn't you just use it to force a 6-8 person eviction every week?
Unless you know for sure, reveal someone you think is not in the red zone - if you are right keep giving them 1 point until they are even with the bottom person. Repeat with remaining points and someone else.
The last 5 columns can pretty much be discounted as it's likely once they get to that stage they're in the final week and nominations are done with. I don't really see the issue with the power becoming more important as the weeks go on - with any twist that's consistent across the series, including the three point twist and Save & Replace, it'll always be more influential with fewer people around.

Hup!

We also need to take into account that once the house is down to the final 6, nominations cease and it's vote to win.

But I do agree that twelve points is too much. They should give the nominations power more variety like they have done in previous years.

The DATA, The DATA!!!! Love your work... There will be at least 3 more rounds of the Dirty Dozen considering the new intruders (which will end up being 2 voted to stay in, not 4) SO, voting for your fave to be HoH will become more and more important.

Every time a person leaves this stupid power gets more and more powerful - less people to reveal and a lower number needed to get someone into the red zone.

The house points is obviously reducing in a predictable linear pattern (see graph a)
a.
mcAt07K.png

Which means the ratio of total points to the Deadly Dozen is getting lower exponentially (see graph b).
b.
spHVEkW.png

And obviously the name has cemented the points at 12 - so they can't reduce it now.

Also, couldn't you just use it to force a 6-8 person eviction every week?
Unless you know for sure, reveal someone you think is not in the red zone - if you are right keep giving them 1 point until they are even with the bottom person. Repeat with remaining points and someone else.

Thoughts? Did you like my graphs? Would you like to see more graphs?

What are your overall feelings on graphs?
I like your graphs. I love your graphs. We'd need to add in the impact of intruders, but this is a good demo of the exponentially increasing impact of all votes, and particularly the Deadly Dozen. I just hope the producers don't pay any attention to your graphs, cos I love the Deadly Dozen (provided Priya or David are HOH, of course). Go graphs! Yes, I'd like to see more graphs please, particularly if you can chart incidents of crap behaviour on the x axis, severity of crap behaviour on the y axis and we can see Lawson's data point launch out of the graph entirely!

My only issue with the DD is that the housemates haven't been told anything sneaky to make them think the power play changes each week so I think some have correctly assumed that hoh gets the DD power play every week and are allocating their points to suit.
I think that's the real reason Priya ended up with so many points.

On the flipside you have people like Ryan having conversations basically implying that it's pointless nominating Priya because she is hoh. People who have been hoh realise if she gets enough points those 12 are useless to her. I think that's why lawson was so vague in his replies to Ryan. I got the impression he was wishing he could tell him to nominate Priya anyway.

These housemates are aware of way too much. It's one of the main problems with the show this year imo. Too aware of their "popularity" and bb is way too predictable.

The easiest way to fix the problem with "having more points to spend because of less housemates", is just to increase the cost of revealing a housemate from 1 to 2 points.

That's assuming the "nominate them for 1 point if they can see what we see" thing isn't the case, at least. I actually thought they did see what we could see, but thought it wouldn't matter - up until Priya got the power, and she kept adding one point onto the same housemate more than once. I thought once you've nominated points onto someone, it's locked in - that you can't just keep adding a single point over and over until you get the desired result.

I've liked how they've been consistent with the nominations power. However twelve points is going to be a lot in a week or so. Too much and very soon everyone will be up to be saved. Nominations won't count. BB does say that the HoH can do what they want with the twelve points so it's no holds barred in that regard.
As you can see my little seahorse tattoo has replaced the generic pic.

Back