Skip to main content

Dead Set acquired by IFC (Independent Film Channel) for American debut

A

alucard719

IFC, Independent Film Channel, has acquired the five part British horror drama Dead Set based on the British "Big Brother" series from Endemol.

IFC will air the five part series at Midnight (ET/PT) on October 25-29, 2010. The program will air unedited and commercial free.

About IFC:
IFC, Independent Film Channel, is a digital cable/satellite channel in the United States. Programming on the channel airs commercial free and unedited. The channel is typically available in digital packages/digital tiers from cable companies. Dish Network subscribers the channel is available in America's Top 200 or higher and for DirecTV it is available in their basic Choice package.

IFC Wikipedia article

IFC Press Release regarding the acquisition

Hmm... I just watched the entire series and I have mixed feelings... They should have killed Patrick when they had the chance. Even if he didn't want to escape he was a vile disgusting little man and I would have killed him anyways.

I don't understand why everyone had to die in the end. It kind of makes the entire thing kind of pointless doesn't it? I mean now it just seems like blood and guts for the sake of blood and guts. The ending killed the story for me.

It would have been interesting to see a follow up showing how they established a society from within the compound. Also the likelihood of there being others out there was probably greater than they made it seem. Look how easy it was for Riq and Alex to find refuge there had to be others.

Since it only looks like the Zombi's could feed on the living after a few weeks they all would have starved to death within a few weeks. Budget wise without the zombi's it would have been produced on a much tighter budget which I know was an issue for the original.

It would have made a very interesting ongoing series.

Last edited:
Back