Skip to main content

Episode Day 96 (1/11/13) Daily Show (30 mins)

I had started to type the Drew analogy while I was watching but it was so bloody long I gave up.

But here it is... only for you darling :)

"My favourite moment was seeing Ed nominate Jade. It's like if there's a big, perfectly knitted woolen jumper and you couldn't fault it... it's magic, made of golden thread. And for the past 14 weeks nearly, Tim and I have scoured it for a loose thread and we couldn't find it. And then the magnifying glass got run over it and we found the one thread. And it only took that one thread and we pulled it... we didn't even pull it... you pulled it [pointing to BB]. And it's unraveled the whole sweater. Because everything he said that he stands for, what loyalty means to him, what his friends mean to him... stands for nothing because he got on his high horse during that lunch after the face to face evictions that he would never nom his friends in here and he was lying. Now I'm not about to say I've never lied in here but it doesn't matter because I've never said I don't lie in here. I lie on a daily basis but his whole foundation that he built in here was now potentially based on lies. That was nice to know that didn't exist and what we were saying had some substance."

Just when I was writing him off, he comes back with THAT!

Finished here, not a bad episode. I loved the show calling Ed out, and how the housemates rallied around Jade. I think Boog came across the best with that, she was just trying to make Jade feel better, rather than having a dig at Ed. Jade, I think, has a shot at winning if she does get back to having fun with the others and has that wake-up moment regarding Ed, like Sophie had to Kris in BBUK. I could live with it too, it's just that it would be a proxy win for Mikkayla which is what would bother me. Hopefully Tim can pull through.

I had started to type the Drew analogy while I was watching but it was so bloody long I gave up.

"My favourite moment was seeing Ed nominate Jade. It's like if there's a big, perfectly knitted woolen jumper and you couldn't fault it... it's magic, made of golden thread. And for the past 14 weeks nearly, Tim and I have scoured it for a loose thread and we couldn't find it. And then the magnifying glass got run over it and we found the one thread. And it only took that one thread and we pulled it... we didn't even pull it... you pulled it [pointing to BB]. And it's unraveled the whole sweater. Because everything he said that he stands for, what loyalty means to him, what his friends mean to him... stands for nothing because he got on his high horse during that lunch after the face to face evictions that he would never nom his friends in here and he was lying. Now I'm not about to say I've never lied in here but it doesn't matter because I've never said I don't lie in here. I lie on a daily basis but his whole foundation that he built in here was now potentially based on lies. That was nice to know that didn't exist and what we were saying had some substance."

"Now I'm not about to say I've never lied in here but it doesn't matter because I've never said I don't lie in here. I lie on a daily basis but his whole foundation that he built in here was now potentially based on lies. That was nice to know that didn't exist and what we were saying had some substance."

I absolutely LOVED this part!! He is so right here!! This wouldn't have been a problem if Ed just admitted to playing the game and nominating his friends no matter how close they are.. But nooo Prince Charming doesn't nominate his friends EVER... pfffff!!!

Sexiest mind in the house by far.

Australia picked the best - just a shame it took so long to piss of the bad smell, though those voters were trying before, so close a couple of times.

How nice that they all feel so much better without the prick, and that nasty group that was.

What nasty group?

What nasty group?

Hi Engine. You are new? There is quite a lot of discussion on all this if you read back. I presume the poster means Mikkayla & Ed mainly, with the sisters, Madeline and part time Jade also in the mix.

Man, how hard did some of us try to get rid of him?! Imagine he'd gone when Caleb did?! 0.1%... I'll never forget that Lowers!!

I really think Ed and Mikkayla were the most toxic presences in the house this year and that's coming from a long ago reformed Mikk fan. Unfortunately for Jade she got caught up with both of them but at least it seems she's going to enjoy this last week as she should've been all along. That's all anyone could really hope for really. Better late than never.

I liked Mikkayla for the most part, but she changed during the last 2 weeks that she was in the house.

I liked it when she was friends with Tim, but I think the friendship with Ed ruined her, same thing with Jade.

Ed the bore would have gone much earlier, nobody gives a fig about dribbling Ed.

If he hadn't gotten with Jade, then he would have needed something else to occupy his time. Depending on what he did, it could have changed his character and image entirely.

Obviously you do too moosey;)

Well now that you have shared, yes I feel informed.

I have no idea why I came up with Mooseface as my name here (think i was a tiny bit pisshhed when i finally signed up - after lurking) but every time someone refers to me as Moosey - or Mooseface - it makes me laugh. ...silliness!

Hi Engine. You are new? There is quite a lot of discussion on all this if you read back. I presume the poster means Mikkayla & Ed mainly, with the sisters, Madeline and part time Jade also in the mix.

It's probably a bit harsh to include the sisters in the nasty group. They had beef with Tahan, but that was justified. Plus they were also friendly with everyone. Mikkayla and Ed really seemed to drive the wedge that created the groups.

It's probably a bit harsh to include the sisters in the nasty group. They had beef with Tahan, but that was justified. Plus they were also friendly with everyone. Mikkayla and Ed really seemed to drive the wedge that created the groups.

Oh I agree. Just that M and E on their own aren't really a 'group' (2 people) - and I wasn't sure if it was a real question! (Seems quite late in the series to be catching up on which groups are which, with 2 shows to go before the finale)

Sexiest mind in the house by far.

Yes! I love that about him. He has the most insightful comments as well as being the most self-aware.

Add in that he's gorgeous .

I've never see a character like Drew on a reality show anywhere, ever.
He doesn't fit into any mold once you get beyond his looks as a teen heartthrob.

This cast was awesome.

Yes. The whole "2 groups" thing didn't emerge until the sisters left, and they were good friends with Tim in the house, so I agree that including them is unfair.

The way I saw it, Mikkayla and Madeline's dislike for Boog was the main thing that split the house, and cut a hole in the Tim-Mikkayla friendship. Ed was obviously looking for allies after his original friends had all been evicted, so he used his closeness with Jade to form friendships with some of the housemates that were previously allied to Tim. Then once the Mikkayla-Boog thing emerged, the house split. Even though Ed wasn't as vocal during that argument, i still think he had a much bigger role than what it appeared. He had multiple chats to Jade and Mikkayla prior to that about why they shouldn't trust Tim, and I think that contributed a lot to why they ended their friendship with Tim.

It'd be a bit much to say that they were nasty, but at the same time I wish they had tried to set Jade straight in the early days. To me it was like they didn't want to risk upsetting Jade in the moment, so they just swept the Ed thing under the rug and let it accumulate until it was too big to stay under the rug and they HAD to come out and deal with it. I think Jade would have felt a little upset and moved on, rather than this huge issue and world of pain she's forced to deal with now.

Unless of course they also believed in the whole situation.

Yes! I love that about him. He has the most insightful comments as well as being the most self-aware.

Add in that he's gorgeous .

I've never see a character like Drew on a reality show anywhere, ever.
He doesn't fit into any mold once you get beyond his looks as a teen heartthrob.

This cast was awesome.
I will be interested to see what Drew does after this. He told Ben that he wished he'd gone to NIDA (National Institute of Dramatic Arts) and alma mater of Cate Blanchette and Co.). They usually take post-grads and given that he's definitely more than just a pretty face...alright, a VERY pretty face, I would rather like to see him do this. I think if he isn't sucked into a quick buck he has the potential to have a much longer public shelf life than Tim.

Yes. The whole "2 groups" thing didn't emerge until the sisters left, and they were good friends with Tim in the house, so I agree that including them is unfair.

The way I saw it, Mikkayla and Madeline's dislike for Boog was the main thing that split the house, and cut a hole in the Tim-Mikkayla friendship. Ed was obviously looking for allies after his original friends had all been evicted, so he used his closeness with Jade to form friendships with some of the housemates that were previously allied to Tim. Then once the Mikkayla-Boog thing emerged, the house split. Even though Ed wasn't as vocal during that argument, i still think he had a much bigger role than what it appeared. He had multiple chats to Jade and Mikkayla prior to that about why they shouldn't trust Tim, and I think that contributed a lot to why they ended their friendship with Tim.

I think part of the reason Mikka didn't like Boog was because Boog was starting to form a good friendship with T, and anyone that liked T was not good in Mikka's book.

Back