Skip to main content

Coverage of HMs seems much more selective/biased

starry

Can't say that any of those evicted so far were shown much, the focus of the HLs seems consistently towards a few HMs this year.

They really showing Tahan in the bad side. Its always the 20 min show before the elimination show they try to Tahan bad

There's a lot of obvious producer manipulation. Every English speaking BB I've seen does it, but without any form of live streaming AU is the most flagrant perpetrator. Even the live feed updates are written with a slant. There's not much reality left.

Big brother producers being biased?! No! As if that would ever happen.

The people who left were boring anyway, more screen time would have just added to the boredom.

Drew getting a much better edit later in the week than he did earlier. There is no way that magic show should have made a 15-minute daily show.

Ben's quirkiness factor has dissipated both among the HMs and the public, probably because he's dropped the act out of fatigue and now alternates between high-maintenance annoying and merely boring.

The producers are still attempting to make him a star but his arrested-development self isn't giving them much to work with.

They do it on every single season of every single reality show.

But let's be honest here, they couldn't really show much more footage of the housemates that have been evicted. They didn't really ever do anything of note. I don't think there's any conspiracy against Tahan. When she does something of note (I.e. her fight with the sisters or Tim) she's always featured. However from the live updates it seems all she's been doing all week is sitting around and bitching so there's not really much they can show of her. Actually for her sake it's probably better if they don't show it. They featured her a lot at the beginning of the show but she hasn't really developed or done much of note so they can't really show her. If she were smart she'd do what Tim does and constantly try to formulate new ways to get coverage.

It is the little things though where they're really selective. I suspect they only showed that conversation about wearing a cross as it was between Tim and Ben (though in fairness it did reveal a little bit more about both). Had it been between any other HMs it probably wouldn't have made it.

It is the little things though where they're really selective. I suspect they only showed that conversation about wearing a cross as it was between Tim and Ben (though in fairness it did reveal a little bit more about both). Had it been between any other HMs it probably wouldn't have made it.

They are definetly trying to protect their cash cows in Ben and Tim. They're the guys that are generally well liked within the fanbase that casual viewers want to see and will fork out money to save. The same goes for Drew...even though I think they know that most intelligent fans have probably lost respect for him I think they know they can still get money to save him from teenage girls hence his favourable edit last night.

Unfortunately some housemates just aren't worth enough to them in terms of money and storyline potential. It may be unfair but at the same time you've got to hand it to the housemates that are being featured for playing the game to be interesting enough to get coverage. I think that conversation last night re religion was simply to highlight Tim. I bet if that conversation was with Ben and say Matt they wouldn't have shown it as Tim was the only one that could have made it interesting. That's why Tim doesn't need this Lucy plot, he's already one of the producer's favourites.

They do it on every single season of every single reality show.

But let's be honest here, they couldn't really show much more footage of the housemates that have been evicted. They didn't really ever do anything of note. I don't think there's any conspiracy against Tahan. When she does something of note (I.e. her fight with the sisters or Tim) she's always featured. However from the live updates it seems all she's been doing all week is sitting around and bitching so there's not really much they can show of her. Actually for her sake it's probably better if they don't show it. They featured her a lot at the beginning of the show but she hasn't really developed or done much of note so they can't really show her. If she were smart she'd do what Tim does and constantly try to formulate new ways to get coverage.

I don't agree. They can show fun sides of people, they could show more of Tim's bitchy side and some of the remarks he makes about people. Also the things some of the people do to get coverage could well be organised by the producers anyway.

Those who say, with any HMs from this cast from the start, that they never did anything are just spouting what the producers want, we don't have live feed so you just don't know. I know all reality shows are to some extent selective but my point was that this one seems more so than the norm and I'm not sure it's good for the show. BB is a marathon and some of the audience are likely to get sick of some people by the end if they are pushed from the start.

remember Johnny rotten, turned out he was nice,getting sick of how they are making Ben look good.

Drew getting a much better edit later in the week than he did earlier. There is no way that magic show should have made a 15-minute daily show.

Yep the task would have helped Drew with his edit considerably this week and the 3 minute+ footage of the magic show....nearly felt like old times with Drew just hangin' out with his playmate Tim.......

In the past two or maybe three weeks, photos and vids from the OS has Drew and Tully joined at the hip....I noticed it ages ago that they are always sitting together, no matter where they were.....now it shows them not only sitting together but always touching each other ...even clinging to each other...

In last night's daily show it actually came to about 12 +minutes....taking out the recaps, BB eye logo, clips already on the live feeds....although I didn't take into account about the product advert with KFC...that was prolly another minute....so guessing 11 minutes in all...

Big brother producers being biased?! No! As if that would ever happen.

The people who left were boring anyway, more screen time would have just added to the boredom.

They were "boring" because they weren't shown much. Or rather, they were boring because the producers just showed their boring side and focused more on the fun side of the other housemates. You could tell that Rohan, Xavier and Sharon had a funny side to them - but oh, let's stick on Tim, Ed and the other "more" interesting ones.

They are biased.

Back