Skip to main content

CONFIRMED: Emma Willis replaces Brian as BBUK host

Brekkie

Staff member
Reports today that C5 have finally seen sense and are to axe Brian Dowling as presenter of Big Brother, with Bit on the Side host Emma Willis having been offered the main show.

And it's quite funny reading all the comments unanimously agreeing it would be the right move and Emma should have probably replaced Davina in the first place, though she is now in the fortunate position of being compared to Brian rather than to Davina should she accept the role - she was probably too Davinaesque to directly replace Davina.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s149...ng-to-be-replaced-by-emma-willis-as-host.html

Reports today that C5 have finally seen sense and are to axe Brian Dowling as presenter of Big Brother, with Bit on the Side host Emma Willis having been offered the main show.

And it's quite funny reading all the comments unanimously agreeing it would be the right move and Emma should have probably replaced Davina in the first place, though she is now in the fortunate position of being compared to Brian rather than to Davina should she accept the role - she was probably too Davinaesque to directly replace Davina.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s149...ng-to-be-replaced-by-emma-willis-as-host.html

Hmmm... At this point I could really care less who the host is, the show is honestly a shadow of its former self... Especially the summer series... Now I wish they'd reconsider the live feed as well, although even then I'm really not sure that would help...

Not only are the majority of HM's just nasty pieces of work, the remaining fans are doing just as much damage...

I don't know if changing the host would help when there are more serious issues with the show. Emma also seems too nice and softy spoken to be that much different from Brian anyway.

I don't know if changing the host would help when there are more serious issues with the show. Emma also seems too nice and softy spoken to be that much different from Brian anyway.

I wouldn't say she's soft spoken at all... I think it's more that even as the host of a spin-off show she's there to host and NOT to share her opinion...

I wouldn't say she's soft spoken at all... I think it's more that even as the host of a spin-off show she's there to host and NOT to share her opinion...

Well I've mostly given up watching BOTS (cause it's crap) but she has often glossed over important details from the interviews i've seen. It might work ok in the softer light hearted format of BOTS but i don't think it would work well as the main host. Surely there would be better British hosts available?

Well I've mostly given up watching BOTS (cause it's crap) but she has often glossed over important details from the interviews i've seen. It might work ok in the softer light hearted format of BOTS but i don't think it would work well as the main host. Surely there would be better British hosts available?

I wouldn't say BOTS is that lighthearted... Some of the nastiest bits of BB I've seen have come from BOTS...

I'm also not really sure what you are referring to in regards to the interviews she's conducted... It's called an interview not an interrogation...

With the way things have degraded over the years do you honestly think anyone who is anyone in the industry would want to front this show?

All that being she can't be anymore "soft spoken" than the likes of Davina...

It's official... Brian has been axed and Emma is taking her rightful place as host... That being said I still think it's a little too late...

Sad to say this is the best news coming out of BBUK since its move to C5.

About bloody time. Still a lot that needs fixing with the show but at least it now has a competent host and hopefully that might be the driving force to return to some sort of shadow of the glory days.

About bloody time. Still a lot that needs fixing with the show but at least it now has a competent host and hopefully that might be the driving force to return to some sort of shadow of the glory days.

I'm hoping Emma can find a good mix of what I loved about Davina and putting her own spin on the role... Brian at times came off looking like some sort of robotic Davina clone...

The nightmare scenario is that Rylan will get the job. Emma's regular stand in Alice Levine, who hosts at weekends, is not likely to be in the running as she has only just begun a regular Radio 1 stint at 10pm on weeknights. The Sun reports they're after an unknown, which is probably their best bet.

The nightmare scenario is that Rylan will get the job. Emma's regular stand in Alice Levine, who hosts at weekends, is not likely to be in the running as she has only just begun a regular Radio 1 stint at 10pm on weeknights. The Sun reports they're after an unknown, which is probably their best bet.

I honestly don't care who gets the BBBOTS role, I gave up even attempting to watch the show after they continually bashed the American HM's during CBB... The Audience is completely out of touch with reality...

No argument from me there. Would rather they use the hour for live action from the house, especially on eviction night, and let viewers see the housemates for themselves rather than nobodies discussing what they think about the HMs.

No argument from me there. Would rather they use the hour for live action from the house, especially on eviction night, and let viewers see the housemates for themselves rather than nobodies discussing what they think about the HMs.

I've pretty much written BBBOTS off as irrelevant in it's current form... I'm really not sure I'd be happy with only a dedicated hour of live feed per day... I don't think an hour is really enough time to gain any new insight... That being said I think I incorporating elements from a show like DR Uncut in to BBBOTS would be more appealing... Something more of a real insiders show with less sketch comedy and bitchy comments...

Good choice I like Emma and do enjoy watching her although I didn't follow much of BBUK last year. I always thought she should of been given the main role over Brian Dowelling. I haven't seen BB2 but I did like Brian as a HM on UBB and thought he would be good to host the show at the time but became fairly bored with BBUK in the last couple of years.

As for Bit on the side I think they should rehash it and bring it back as Big Brothers Big Mouth with a new unknown presenter. Wasn't Russell Brand an unknown before he presented that show?

The nightmare scenario is that Rylan will get the job.

Whilst I love Rylan in a really twisted watching-a-train-wreck sort of way I don't think he has the chops to do a show like BOTS... Oh well.

I liked Brian but thought he was stilted too.

Emma has always been such a fan.... I agree with whoever commented above that she is too Davina-like to have replaced Davina so I think overall it is a good move.

I don't get the lack of promotion for this season... I can't remember the timeline for last year but it does seem like we get less for the summer series than we do for the summer series...

Back