Skip to main content

Channel 9 Secret Message??

zackpizz

So, if you're watching the voice right now, you'd see Sonia hosting with Darren McMullen (or whatever his name is). Does this new job for SK mean that there really is no hope for big brother.
Other Examples of how channel 9 has done this include moving Shelly craft from Funniest Home Videos to the Block

Look, maybe it's just me but i feel like this is some message from our mates at Channel 9

PS if this is in the wrong thread, can an admin move it? thanks :):)

I thought this (when it was announced) that it was pretty clear that Sonia was moved to The Voice because there would be no Big Brother this year and they had to find something else for her to do.

Well I think it's pretty obvious by now that BB is not coming back, Sonia herself been said as much. But yes when this news was announced it was kind of the first official confirmation.

I don't know why she needed the new job. I get that she is now down a pay packet through no fault of her own, but that's the nature of her industry and she surely had no contractual obligations per se. Plus she is still working 5 days a week with channel 9 and I'm sure she and her husband are not suffering too much financially. Also, not to sound like Tony Abbott, but she has this very much longed for new baby, why not just take the reduced hours and instead spend that extra time with her.

Well she can do whatever she wants obviously, I just don't think the voice needs an extra host.

Well I think it's pretty obvious by now that BB is not coming back, Sonia herself been said as much. But yes when this news was announced it was kind of the first official confirmation.

I don't know why she needed the new job. I get that she is now down a pay packet through no fault of her own, but that's the nature of her industry and she surely had no contractual obligations per se. Plus she is still working 5 days a week with channel 9 and I'm sure she and her husband are not suffering too much financially. Also, not to sound like Tony Abbott, but she has this very much longed for new baby, why not just take the reduced hours and instead spend that extra time with her.

Well she can do whatever she wants obviously, I just don't think the voice needs an extra host.

The Voice needs Sonia like I need a hole in the head. If they can't get her for next year, bring back Gretel! Or get Fitzy to host.

If Sonia was smart, when 9 poached her, she would have got a guarantee in her contract that she would be given another show if 9 dumped BB.

Or maybe 9 figures they're contracted to pay her anyway, may as well shove her on the Voice.

Why does The Voice need two hosts? I've always felt that one host was a bit of a stretch.

:unsure::laugh:. I think the show like this does need at least one host, haha.

Saying that Australian Idol worked well with the duo of Andrew G and James Mathison and there was a lot of positive reaction to the Julia Morris and Dr. Chris Brown pairing for I'm A Celebrity earlier this year.

Perhaps Nine thought a duo would improve the show? I'm not watching The Voice this year (got sick of the whole long drawn out thing and its insult of viewers intelligence) so I wouldn't know if it's a good idea or not.

Remember when Masterchef had a seperate host from the 3 chefs? That Sarah woman who promotes quitting sugar I think it was (but could be wrong). That was pretty pointless and she got shelved by the next season and it made sense really, adding a new host to an existing dynamic seems much stranger than taking them away, or at least completely unnecessary.

I'm trying to imagine if Sonia suddenly had a co-host one season of BB, it's kind of the same thing here.

Remember when Masterchef had a seperate host from the 3 chefs? That Sarah woman who promotes quitting sugar I think it was (but could be wrong). That was pretty pointless and she got shelved by the next season and it made sense really, adding a new host to an existing dynamic seems much stranger than taking them away, or at least completely unnecessary.

I'm trying to imagine if Sonia suddenly had a co-host one season of BB, it's kind of the same thing here.

I am just trying to think if there are any downsides with not having a host on the voice, especially considering that most of the interactions that the contestants have are with the judges. I don't need a host to see what is on my tv screen.

I am just trying to think if there are any downsides with not having a host on the voice, especially considering that most of the interactions that the contestants have are with the judges. I don't need a host to see what is on my tv screen.

I agree. I guess a host ties the show together but is not essential for a talent show. I guess when they get towards eliminations they serve more of a purpose (announcing, exit interview, but nothing that a coach couldn't do. Definitely nothing that needs to be split amongst 2 people.

in the UK Emma Willis hosts Big Brother and The Voice... and you know how much we love copying the UK

BBUK has also been running for 15 years continuously compared to BBAU's stretch of 8 years... That said the two shows are on competing networks... I doubt Channel 5 would have Emma host another reality show on the same network...

BBUK has also been running for 15 years continuously compared to BBAU's stretch of 8 years... That said the two shows are on competing networks... I doubt Channel 5 would have Emma host another reality show on the same network...
well do you think they'd allowed her to host one on a different network? because thats what she does...

Back