Skip to main content

Celebrity 'Big Brother' UK - Summer 2014

RenThraysk

Not very revealing but with the lack of promos in these parts, here's the promo for CBB UK starting next week.

Seems Paul Daniels & Debbie McGee are going in...

Bu0wi1rIgAAzjFQ.jpg:large

I'm looking forward to the series, but I think Gary Busey made a poor decision, agreeing to be locked up in a small house with alcohol and other people. Even if he stays sober, he still speaks nonsense, and has no filter.

The rumour line up for this series has to be one of the least inspiring I've ever seen. They either seem to be people taken from other documentaries (who are in no way celebrities) or people from the distant past of little relevence to the target audience. OK, some times they do make great housemates but the fees they spend on these people really don't justify it IMO - the lift in audience nowadays for Celeb BB is minimum.

The rumour line up for this series has to be one of the least inspiring I've ever seen. They either seem to be people taken from other documentaries (who are in no way celebrities) or people from the distant past of little relevence to the target audience. OK, some times they do make great housemates but the fees they spend on these people really don't justify it IMO - the lift in audience nowadays for Celeb BB is minimum.

...it makes me think that the lack of posts and enthusiasm within this thread so far kind of shows that we... (all the way over here in Australia who probably have no idea of who these so-called 'celebrities' are )... are just merely curious at this extension of BBUK... whereas when unknown housemates go in it's up to us to discover what they are like in the unfolding weeks... we all go in on an even keel with 'normal' housemates both us and the UK public and we all feel the experience together... whereas with 'celebBB the people in the UK have been weened on these 'celebs' for years so therefore watch it to see how it pans out with their personalities...

...on the flip-side of what I just said though... us people way over here in Australia should actually enjoy it more being that we have no idea of who these people are!... it's just like a mini-relaunch of complete strangers and the start of a new adventure for us here... so I guess that's why I'm curious as to the lack of enthusiasm in this thread so far?... is it that we are so drained from all of the ups and downs by BBUK finishing just days ago and that may be why there's little interest in the impending 'celebBB' version so far?...

...I will be watching it if just not for the curiosity value until ours begins within the next few weeks (hopefully)... I just won't be as vehement about it... no getting angry with who goes and stays... hopefully I'll just be watching a lighthearted watered-down fluffy no-brainer version of celebs just mucking around and getting a lot of good laughs?...

...seriously... who am I kidding?... this still is the Channel that brought us BBUK isn't it?... hmmmm!... it may get interesting after all!... cheers.

...it makes me think that the lack of posts and enthusiasm within this thread so far kind of shows that we... (all the way over here in Australia who probably have no idea of who these so-called 'celebrities' are )... are just merely curious at this extension of BBUK... whereas when unknown housemates go in it's up to us to discover what they are like in the unfolding weeks... we all go in on an even keel with 'normal' housemates both us and the UK public and we all feel the experience together... whereas with 'celebBB the people in the UK have been weened on these 'celebs' for years so therefore watch it to see how it pans out with their personalities...

...on the flip-side of what I just said though... us people way over here in Australia should actually enjoy it more being that we have no idea of who these people are!... it's just like a mini-relaunch of complete strangers and the start of a new adventure for us here... so I guess that's why I'm curious as to the lack of enthusiasm in this thread so far?... is it that we are so drained from all of the ups and downs by BBUK finishing just days ago and that may be why there's little interest in the impending 'celebBB' version so far?...

...I will be watching it if just not for the curiosity value until ours begins within the next few weeks (hopefully)... I just won't be as vehement about it... no getting angry with who goes and stays... hopefully I'll just be watching a lighthearted watered-down fluffy no-brainer version of celebs just mucking around and getting a lot of good laughs?...

...seriously... who am I kidding?... this still is the Channel that brought us BBUK isn't it?... hmmmm!... it may get interesting after all!... cheers.

I watched the previous one,it had evander hollifield in it,he outraged us all by saying he punched a horse and Lee Ryan in it....Lee Ryan (from BLUE) WAS A TOTAL LOVE RAT going from one girl to the next.Luisa who is on BBOTS was also in the last season...it is a good watch,just to put celebs under a microscope and see how they behave....a lot of them we dont know but it doesnt really matter as you say.I am looking at this as a filler till the REAL BB starts Big brother australia

The Big Brother House has had a Celebrity makeover
42 minutes ago
After ten weeks of housemates living in it, the Big Brother House was looking a bit, well, grubby, shall we say? It was certainly in no state to welcome a new crop of celebrity housemates. So Big Brother has had a spring clean and a refit, and the House is looking shiny and gorgeous once again. Wanna take a look at the differences? Sure you do...

CBB_House2_0.jpg

Here's the new garden. The geometric shapes of the summer are still in place, as are those amazing looking sofas and those giant heads, but the astroturf has been freshened up, and the garden walls have had a lick of brightly coloured paint.

CBB_House4_0.jpg

Here's the new-look bedroom, with its new plush carpets. Counting the beds, it looks like it's still going to be pretty cosy, especially for the first few weeks while there are still plenty of housemates to squeeze in, but there's all new bedding to fit in with the new celeb colour scheme. Basically: there's a lot of gold in this House.

CBB_House5.jpg

See? Lots of gold. This giant mirror and armchair fit perfectly into the colour scheme, and there's even a brand new star cushion to make things a bit more comfy.

CBB_House7_0.jpg

Here's another view of the bathroom. You'll notice the enormous bathtub from this summer's series is still in place, although now it's significantly shinier. The shower's been given a gilt makeover, too, and the atmosphere of the whole room has been transformed though coloured lights. Look closely and you might even spot a glittery gold rose or two, as well. Swanky.

CBB_House8_0.jpg

Here's the new seating area - which looks way more comfortable than ever before, thanks to those piles of squishy cushions. The little coffee tables are a nice touch, too.

CBB_House14_0.jpg

Here's the new look kitchen. While the previous set of housemates had to deal with eye-searing lime green when they wanted to get their morning coffee, the celebs will have a much more sedate shade of sky blue to look at. The geometric shapes are still very much in evidence, though.

CBB_House17.jpg

Here's the Pod, still sitting proud above the garden, with another set of new cushions...

CBB_Chair_1.jpg

And finally, can we talk about the refitted Diary Room? We've never seen anything as glowingly golden and perfect in all our lives. We want one. It's beautiful.

As amazing as it is to see the House looking clean and tidy again, we're still itching to throw some new housemates in there. It's only a matter of hours now...

- See more at: http://bigbrother.channel5.com/big-brother-house-has-had-celebrity-makeover#sthash.Tq6yJZWD.dpuf

@Brekkie could you delete the other celebrity big brother thread I didnt realise this one was already made when I started it

Rylan%20and%20Emma.jpg

Tonight on Bit On The Side - 18th August
about 7 hours ago
Celebrity Big Brother is BACK, and boy do we have a Bit On The Side line-up to rival them all. Only the best will do for our new celebrity household, after all.

Host with the most Rylan is joined by the ever-feisty Luisa Zissman and a few people who know just what it's like to be locked away in the Borehamwood bungalow.

Celebrity Big Brother Champion Julian Clary has a First Class ticket on tonight's banter train and will be casting his winning eye over our new batch of celebrities. Completing the trio is Big Brother 2014 winner Helen Wood and former celebrity housemate Sam Faiers, who will both be letting us in on who they think has the stamina to go all the way.

tigger.jpg
Leading lady Emma Willis will also be dropping by to throw in her two cents.

But that's not all, straight after the show you'll be able to watch live action from the House until the early hours. We do treat you!

Don't be late. Channel 5. 11.20pm.

Live from the House follows at 12.20am.

- See more at: http://bigbrother.channel5.com/tonight-bit-side-18th-august#sthash.SpCeX6p7.dpuf

LOL dont know any of them so far. see em popping up on my Facebook and im like ???????? hope some celebs i know go in :)
I know who No 3 is used to watch Bad girls so she is familiar.Hopefully someone else can post the rest as it's bed time for me.
Housemate 5 has a good backstory so that should be interesting

I've recently finished watching the previous two seasons, and was surprised at how much I enjoyed them (given that I barely knew any of the 'celebs'). I only started watching after tuning in to BBUK for the first time this year and falling a little bit in love with Rylan from BBBOTS. The big surprise was seeing 'Toadfish' from Neighbours in his season (I don't remember that being mentioned in Aus (news etc) when it was on...?). I thought the most recent one (with Luisa) was the better season of the two.

Tempted to give this one a go as well!

Well I wasn't going to watch, but I really liked white Dee from benefits street, Channel 5 did a panel type show talking about the benefits systems and dee was the only guest that didn't act like a crazy person. It was kind of funny because all the guest were pollies and jurnos and she actually came off as the nicest person in that show. I have no clue who the rest of these people are though.

Edele Lynch - Irish singer-songwriter
Eclair%20Neutral.png

Frenchy - Reality star/slut
Ferrero%20Neutral.png

Gary Busey - Crazy American
Gobstopper%20Neutral.png

George Gilbey - UK TV host
Gummy%20Neutral.png

Kellie Maloney - Former boxing promoter Frank Maloney
KitKat%20Neutral.png

Lauren Goodger - Former TOWIE castmate
Lion%20Bar%20Neutral.png

Leslie Jordan - BEVERLY LESLIE FROM FUCKING WILL AND WILL & GRACE!!!! And other things.
Liquorice%20Neutral.png

Ricci Guarnaccio - former Geordie castmate
Rolo%20Neutral.png

Stephanie Pratt - former Hills castmate, sister/-in-law to Speidi.
Skittle%20Neutral.png

I know the last five, but the rest I haven't a clue. I think it's a good mix though so I'm excited.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEVERLY LESLIE!!!!

Edele Lynch - Irish singer-songwriter
Eclair%20Neutral.png

Frenchy - Reality star/slut
Ferrero%20Neutral.png

Gary Busey - Crazy American
Gobstopper%20Neutral.png

George Gilbey - UK TV host
Gummy%20Neutral.png

Kellie Maloney - Former boxing promoter Frank Maloney
KitKat%20Neutral.png

Lauren Goodger - Former TOWIE castmate
Lion%20Bar%20Neutral.png

Leslie Jordan - BEVERLY LESLIE FROM FUCKING WILL AND WILL & GRACE!!!! And other things.
Liquorice%20Neutral.png

Ricci Guarnaccio - former Geordie castmate
Rolo%20Neutral.png

Stephanie Pratt - former Hills castmate, sister/-in-law to Speidi.
Skittle%20Neutral.png

I know the last five, but the rest I haven't a clue. I think it's a good mix though so I'm excited.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEVERLY LESLIE!!!!

Holy shit! That is the best, the one reason to watch!

Back