Skip to main content

Celebrity Apprentice Australia 2013

Daltrim

Awesome site donor
Last edited:
...I'll be flipping between this show and Celebrity Splash... (to watch Denise Drysdale finally do her jump mostly... it's going to be a fun moment for me)... I have mixed feelings about the line-up for this series of Celebrity Apprentice... I know that Dawn Fraser and Jeff Fenech are both Aussie legends for their past achievements but sorry to say... they both give me the screaming irrits... I'm hoping that by watching this show that by the end of it I may change my opinion of them both... only time will tell I guess... cheers.

I read Dawn's autobiography years ago, guessing she is going to be pretty opinionated, which is good thing for the TV viewer :D

Stupid show, got me bored waiting for Revenge and I fell asleep and missed the start.

So all the adds are lies of course, Dawn isn't an old bitch and Fenech is money making machine.......sheesh, look likes boxing affiliated world has more money than sense.
And that nobody woman if hellish the make-up on her an the old nobody woman is terrifying - run them through Snog/Marry/Avoid please.
Boys will win, they have a more likeable team. Girls is full of nobody bitches, except Steph and they hate her for being cute and really famous. Layla will just get eaten alive.

We taped it and watched when we came home from dinner. Hopefully next weeks episode is better!

THEY were rumoured to be at each others throats during the filming of Nine's Celebrity Apprentice.

Now relations looks set to get downright sour after Stephanie Rice dropped Dawn Fraser in the deep end yesterday by claiming the retired swim great pulled several "all nighters" during filming of the reality show, staying up all night drinking and playing pokies.

Talking to Melbourne's Fox FM yesterday, Rice claimed the 75-year-old Olympic great would go straight from the "pokies" to the makeup chair during production of Apprentice which wrapped several weeks ago.

It debuted on Nine last night.

"You know what? I don't know how (Fraser) does it," Rice said yesterday. "She turned up some days after staying out all night ... did an all-nighter and rocked up to 5 o'clock makeup and here I am needing my seven hours."

Asked where Fraser would spend her "all-nighters", Rice replied: "Well, we were staying at The Star while we were filming, and so it was perfect, she was there on the pokies, doing the blackjack, a few drinks and then just straight into hair and makeup."

Fraser yesterday denied she had gone "straight into hair and makeup", saying there was one occasion when she played "some blackjack and had a few drinks" before going to bed.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...brity-apprentice/story-e6frewz0-1226632582662

If you were following all the cast on twitter while they were filming, then it wasn't hard to work out vaguely what order everyone was getting fired. And lets just say I think people will be surprised how long Layla lasts...

I don't know alot about Dawn Fraser, other than she was swimmer but it surprises me how little respect Steph Rice appeared to have her for.

It was interesting to see how little regard Mr Bouris has for the opnions of the team leader & team. Last year I recall at least one occasion when he fired someone simply because it was what the others wanted, but this time he asked their opinion on the worst (Prue & Stephanie), then ignored it & nominated his own. To me that indicates that the elimination order is pretty much pre-arranged.

And I've also read that they've filmed two different endings and Mr Bouris is going to decide who wins once the show has aired.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ma...australia-winner/story-fnbk7kwa-1226630030193

CELEBRITY Apprentice chief Mark Bouris says viewers can expect and emotional mix of celebrities in the third series of the reality TV show.
"There is so much competition for air space this time so there are some real toughies wanting to get their point across," says Bouris. "Both Dawn and Jeff are as tough as teak and then there is someone like Brian Mannix who is such a tough dude and has amazing survivorship qualities."

In the series, a cast list of well-known, controversial and we must add, questionably-tagged ‘celebrities’, work towards raising money for various charities, the best ultimately sashed with the title of Celebrity Apprentice 2013.

Bouris, a mega successful businessmen is the chairman/co-founder of wealth management company, Yellow Brick Road (formerly of Wizard fame), helms the successful series.

Think of Mr Bouris as the Donald Trump of reality TV, only with better hair, a handsome head and much more charisma.

Vying for boardroom supremacy this time round are names like Olympic legend Dawn Fraser, swimming queen Stephanie Rice, singer Prinnie Stevens, entertainer Rob Mills, ex-AFL star Dermott Brereton, former rock name Brian Mannix and Olympic athlete John Steffensen.

They will be joined by comic Peter Berner, PR matriarch Prue Macsween, TV face Peter Everett, Big Brother runner-up Layla Subritzky, Hollywood hoofer Kym Johnson and the mighty boxer, Jeff Fenech.

Bouris says this year there is an underlying theme and battle of the newbies versus the experienced with some smarty pants ‘tude coming from those who think they know it all.

"Yes, there is a sense with a few of them that ‘we have got it all ahead of us’ and they sometimes need to listen to those who have successfully survived,’’ says Bouris. "That is such a big part of success, how to survive in a tough world."

Bouris says some of the experienced apprentices, like Prue MacSween break down as they see things about themselves they have not seen before.

"Vulnerability doesn’t mean you are weak,’’ adds Bouris. “Kindness should never be mistaken for weakness. Business doesn’t need to be conducted through qualities of fear, bullying and nastiness."

After a peek at the first few episodes, it seems Sydney-based PR chick Roxy Jacenko has taken over the reigns from season one stirrer, Deni Hines.

"Roxy doesn’t care who she spears and she think she knows every trick in the book,’’ says Bouris, grinning down the telephone line.

“She even sent flowers to my office which hasn’t happened in this series ever before."

As for the poolside golden girl, Stephanie Rice, Bouris has nothing but praise.

“I am really surprised how polished Stephanie she is. My pre-conception was much different but she is very adaptable, confident and always handles herself beautifully in the boardroom."

And what about rumours of a romance between Stephanie Rice and Rob Mills?

"Well, when they are all working together so closely and there is The Star in the mix (the celebs stayed at the Sydney hotel for the duration of the shooting), so who knows what could have happened?,’’ Bouris says wryly.

Another name who caught the apprentice chief off-guard was the often maligned Olympian John Steffensen.

"To be honest, I went into the series thinking we could be dealing with a spoiled brat here but I found he had an unbelievable presence, he is articulate and is a great person,’’

While the series has already been filmed, two endings have been shot.

Bouris says he is not deciding on the winner until the series has run its course.

“I want to watch it like viewers and see who really deserves the title at the end of the series."

The Celebrity Apprentice Australia, premieres on Tuesday April 30 at 8.40pm and will screen weekly on Channel 9.

Last edited:
That wouldn't surprise me at all. That way he could gauge who was popular with the public, regardless of how well they performed. For example, Layla will probably be useless but if people find her endearing she could win it, then end up with a channel nine spinoff show of her own.

Apart from Dawn Fraser and Brian McMannus...

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!!!..?

"celebrities"... yeah... riiiigghht.

Last edited:
I liked the show, but in the nature of full disclosure it must be noted that I would like to strip Mr Borearse, throw him down on that expensive cedar desk and ride him like Black Caviar...

Ummm... I don't get it. Why the hell didn't Layla contact (a) Mike Goldman, (b) Sonya Kruger and (c) Kyle & Jackie O*? All of these would give her a free plug, reaching a shitload of people in seconds.

*Kyle & Jackie O - well I reckon they would seeing as it's for charity

Back