Skip to main content

Episode Aus Survivor: Blood v Water, Ep 3

It wouldn't feel like BBB without seeing you post. It's not as fun when I'm not seeing cheers at the bottom of a post and knowing exactly who it is. I for one enjoy your input very much. I am in much need of your Survivor thoughts!
…thanks a lot for saying that my good friend… the ‘cheers’ at the end of all my posts eh?… lol!… I’ve always done that… I’m a creature of habit I guess?… lol!… cheers. 😁

Reactions: kxk
The result was all a bit "who cares" in the end. Would have been good to see Dave go especially after his idiotic own goal.

But I'd like to discuss:

Is it a better strategy to vote out a person who has lost their respective partner from the other tribe, or keep them?

On the one hand, once you make it to merge, they won't have anyone they'll be closer to than your alliance, so KEEP THEM.
On the other hand, if they still have their partner, they could help your alliance's numbers but they might betray YOU for them.

My feeling is it's better to break up all the blood/water pairs and keep the singles. Blue tribe just targeted both the singles here.

My feeling is it's better to break up all the blood/water pairs and keep the singles. Blue tribe just targeted both the singles here.
It depends. If it were me my first thought would be to seperate pairs so that at the merge they aren't locked to someone and are more in need of an ally. At the same time I also think why not work with a pair to get to the final 3 (in the event the FTC is a final 3 not a final 2) as you have 2 for 1 deal with votes and if you go to the end with a duo you take away a guaranteed jury vote for each of them. Thats why I like BvW as it adds a lot of dynamic options that could occur.

Well Dave's an idiot - just a shame he wasn't idiotic enough not to play the idol.

At the moment I find Sandra's daughter far more watchable than her mother, but Sandra has done her homework far more than Russell did when they put him in and that is interesting to see. There is alot to be said for carrying her through to merge before striking.

Yes - I was thinking similarly about the Blood/Water twist and how Kate should have been fighting the angle that she's a lone wolf and at merge she won't have someone else to back her up. It was also odd David was targetting her for her partner leaving after his had always been voted out - you'd think he'd want to steer away from that.

On the other hand though it is a benefit to get through knowing you've players on the otherside who can form an alliance - if you and your partner get through with someone else and their partner even as a 4 that can be a strong alliance moving forward. I guess though the question there is whether family bonds are valued over tribe bonds when it comes to voting decisions.

It depends. If it were me my first thought would be to seperate pairs so that at the merge they aren't locked to someone and are more in need of an ally. At the same time I also think why not work with a pair to get to the final 3 (in the event the FTC is a final 3 not a final 2) as you have 2 for 1 deal with votes and if you go to the end with a duo you take away a guaranteed jury vote for each of them. Thats why I like BvW as it adds a lot of dynamic options that could occur.
A couple of posts on WP on this subject:

I was about to post the same thing. There is no logic in picking off the orphaned players, if anything they are the ones you want to keep around. When it comes to the merge those still in pairs will have a big advantage. They should be trying to break up as many pairs as possible at this stage of the game.

Agreed. Didn't any of these people watch the second US BvW season? That final six had 2 intact pairs and 2 singles. You can't allow 2-3 couples to unite after the merge, because all it takes is 2-3 couples to unite and that's a majority block of 6 (in a merge of 12) that can coast to the end of the game.

Hi again everyone. Good news. Sticky is fine. He was very touched that you were concerned about his absence. He thought it was better for his mental health for stay away for a bit longer. He said he would probably be back in a month or so - but, perhaps now that he knows he's been missed he will come back earlier. Blessings.
Sticky, it wasn’t the same watching Celebrity get me out of here without you!!

I feel like there’s far too many likeable people in this season. Sandra, Nina & juicy Dave are the only ones left that comes across as standing out. For example how could anyone in their right mind put Alex down as a target now? That face!!

They've only been there a few days - the facade hasn't slipped yet on the true villians. Presumably safe to say anyone who has had airtime so far doesn't win - it often isn't until about episode 12 that the winner even features in an episode.

Glad they took out Andy rather than Alex - anyone who has had back issues knows you can be unable to move one day and fit as a fiddle the next. Was a bit concerning though that, within the narrative of the show at least, he turned up to a challenge in agony but they didn't get the medics to look at him until after the challenge had been completed. They also seemed to put the call on him to be sensible enough to rule himself out of the challenge rather than getting the medics to make that call by getting him inspected before hand. Came across as if they put the filming schedule ahead of a contestants health.

One other thing on the note of contestants sitting out of challenges and I've always felt the "can't sit out in back to back challenges" rule needed to be stricter, especially when if they have reward and immunity challenges the same people can sit out in back to back immunity challenges. For me it should be that you can't sit out again until everyone else within the tribe has sat out of a challenge so that players, usually some of the women, can't just sit out half of the challenges.

Oh Sandra will be doing a lot of sitting out of challenges if she makes it, at least, what I hope, to merge.

I don’t necessarily agree that winners usually start to get attention at episode 12. Hayley last year was at least active by episode 4. Dave the Golden God the whole season and his first season. Pia, I couldn’t count how many times she told us she was the silent assassin……she was a feature but not the main narrative….Shane didn’t have all that much too show, at this stage the winners get baaaad.. lol

You probably have a good point though that this season’s einner is totally masked out of the edit at the moment. Unless for example, Sam or Khan or Sandra wins

*rubs hands together in anticipation of more villains*

They've only been there a few days - the facade hasn't slipped yet on the true villians. Presumably safe to say anyone who has had airtime so far doesn't win - it often isn't until about episode 12 that the winner even features in an episode.
Hayley, Pia and David have all had pretty clear winners edits from the first episode. All had a very strong premiere. David was a huge character from start to finish and Hayley was constantly in control of airtime and the game along Geroge easily from episode 6 onwards. Hayley is probably one of Edgic's best examples.

Sticky, it wasn’t the same watching Celebrity get me out of here without you!!
…thanks D Space my friend… I missed all of you as well… with me not being there was the silence deafening?… lol!… thanks again my friend… cheers.

…thanks D Space my friend… I missed all of you as well… with me not being there was the silence deafening?… lol!… thanks again my friend… cheers.
It was a worry for us with COVID etc at the time. Surprisingly we had a good following still, I wasn’t commenting live as usual but did regular rounds for your thoughts and so on. That show is such a great way to start the new year. I’d be interested to hear what you thought of it, now that I have your attention :p

Back