Skip to main content

Big Brother on TV3

So it's airing for 90 minutes Monday to Friday... How the hell are they fitting it into that schedule for the beginning when the show aired Sunday to Friday in Australia?

Will be lol to see how they hastily trim footage from the Launch to make it fit the NZ timeslot. Almost as lol as TV2 12 years ago editing an entire daily show down to five minutes.

Oh my god, really? That's hilarious!
Well, there was a somewhat decent reason behind it.

Since we were airing nearly 24 hours behind, on the days Eviction/Nominations aired they had 90 minute worth of content to air - but because of scheduling they only had 60 minutes they could air the show on any given day. So their solution was to trim the daily shows down to a single segment, before cutting to an ad-break then cutting straight into the Eviction/Nomination show that had small pieces removed here and there so that the show would end by 7pm.

At least they didn't do a TV3 and cram it into a Monday to Friday schedule, as TV2 aired Monday to Saturday.

So it's airing for 90 minutes Monday to Friday... How the hell are they fitting it into that schedule for the beginning when the show aired Sunday to Friday in Australia?

Will be lol to see how they hastily trim footage from the Launch to make it fit the NZ timeslot. Almost as lol as TV2 12 years ago editing an entire daily show down to five minutes.

Well, watching the show last year on TV3 you could see heavy editing. I guess they'll decide what we get to see to fit it into their 90 minute slot.

Edit: They could always split shows in two like they did with a few final week shows last year. They don't mind how long it runs, TV3 loves having it as a Christmas/New Year filler.

Well, watching the show last year on TV3 you could see heavy editing. I guess they'll decide what we get to see to fit it into their 90 minute slot.
I meant more how are they going to air 90 minutes a day when there were days with only a 60 minute show. Air half an episode at the end of the 60 minute episode, then the other half the next day?

I meant more how are they going to air 90 minutes a day when there were days with only a 60 minute show. Air half an episode at the end of the 60 minute episode, then the other half the next day?
Yeah, as I edited in above: They did that a few times last year lol. It was horrible editing, but to the average person they probably couldn't tell/care.

Surprised they aren't burning it off at 3am. Don't blame TV3 though for holding it back - with Nine's erratic scheduling it would be impossible for them to air it at the same time it was airing in Australia.

Would love to see a NZ Big Brother - smaller countries have done it so why not. Indeed would love to see a South Pacific version in a similar vein to BB Africa with HMs from multiple countries participating - that could be the sort of thing which really freshens up the show in Australia and takes it back to it's core values of people from all walks of life being locked together in a house.

Back