Skip to main content

"Big Brother: House of Love" confirmed for late 2023

7 definitely would not be happy to continue to receive current channel 10 type of ratings. That is why they changed the theme for this season to include singles and younger housemates, they want to attract younger audiences which are currently not watching their version of BB.

Well that's really paid off. Going gangbusters for them now, eh?

It's possible they pushed it right back because they were worried that it will perform badly (i.e. they're already aware that this season sucks), and they don't want it to undermine any ratings progress they make in the early part of the year. By the time this airs, they might already be crowing about having "won the year", so by then it won't matter if it tanks.

^^ I totally called it. Seven has indeed claimed to have won the year. And yes, it just happens to be tanking.

I wish, that would be the only thing that would make this season watchable. But 7 are too conservative for that.
So is this season watchable @sav0001?

We called it the minute everything was announced. It's as if not listening to the core Big Brother fanbase is a mistake.

tbh I'm finding it better mainly because it's not constant feats of strength/endurance every second ep. BB Love Island > BB Survivor. And even so, the lack of sexual spark is probably for the best.

It's not good but I had very low expectations so it's not as bad as I was expecting
To me it's like this. Say you don't study for a test and expect to get a zero. And then you get a 17%. You'd be elated. Not elated at the score, just that isn't a zero.

The only enjoyment that could come from the channel 7 version of BBAU is not that any of it is good, it's any unexpected thing in that you can actually pay attention to that stops you looking at your phone while it plays in the background.But, it doesn't last long.

tbh I'm finding it better mainly because it's not constant feats of strength/endurance every second ep. BB Love Island > BB Survivor. And even so, the lack of sexual spark is probably for the best.
To quote myself:
take the challenges out of this incarnation of Big Brother and you really don't have much left.

If they've spent three years building up the competitive format and then having lost the old school BB fans and also lost many casual viewers with the "love" angle, then stripping out the element of the format that perhaps has attracted new viewers is only going to lose them as well.

But heck, why build a challenge when you can just have people press a button and steal all their clothes instead.

I just found the challenges too samey, focusing too much on things that will usually be won by the youngest, fittest, strongest, leanest, whatever. And they drag on and are boring to watch, just padding for their 90 minute shows. At least the old tasks often involved the housemates doing things together and opening dialogues, or were funny or entertaining. If I wasn't watching live I'd hit FF through each of Seven's challenges because they just don't add anything.

I've always felt the challenges were just 30 minutes of the BB voice saying cringy things such as "and just like that"...
They really do add nothing of substance.

At least FNL was somewhat fun to watch and a lot of the challenges were either multi-skilled or random.

Last edited:
To me it's like this. Say you don't study for a test and expect to get a zero. And then you get a 17%. You'd be elated. Not elated at the score, just that isn't a zero.

The only enjoyment that could come from the channel 7 version of BBAU is not that any of it is good, it's any unexpected thing in that you can actually pay attention to that stops you looking at your phone while it plays in the background.But, it doesn't last long.
True, I would say BB Uncut has probably been the best episode as we got to see extended conversations.

Friday Night Live was meant to be a good laugh that the housemates took seriously but not too seriously and there was an expectation that the winner would be 'shared around' so that most of them go to go in the rewards room. I think 07 was kind of the year it started to go downhill because boring Andrew starting winning too much and because he was taken he would only pick men to go into the rewards room with him which made for very boring weekend footage.

If Uplate and Uncut was for the adults, FNL was for the kids. It was all a bit childish but something to be said for a bit of nonsense at times too. TV is all too serious nowadays.

If Uplate and Uncut was for the adults, FNL was for the kids. It was all a bit childish but something to be said for a bit of nonsense at times too. TV is all too serious nowadays.
and big brother fans criticized the existance of FNL back in the days too.

I almost never watched FNL when it was on. It's almost as if as a fan of BB I didn't give a crap about them doing silly games.

They literally threw shit at them.
travbucket2.jpg

Back