Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: House

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
Teaser pics from the house were posted on the BBCAN FB page today... The rest of the house will be revealed on "The Morning Show" tomorrow...

10440808_754011334711863_9151167464674185904_n.png

10522442_754011341378529_1196186201176606721_n.png

11054355_754011354711861_5035016947499807117_n.png

10155124_754011364711860_8157991751915095633_n.png

11071673_754011358045194_241741479672257954_n.png

10150571_754011328045197_2720561968475104107_n.png

10559922_754011331378530_9013101628158681257_n.png

Not much to see really but it looks kind of BBUK inspired... I'm still hoping for a major shake up of the layout from last year... Given the fact that the bar has been set pretty high in the past and it looks like they've really stepped up the design this year... At best I would hope they'd at least make some structural changes to the previous design... If that is the case it should be easy to swap some rooms around on the upper level and change the design of the main floor... That said with the lackluster effort they've put in to everything else this season I may have to settle for a new paint job and new furniture placed in the same location as the old...

Sorry for the back to back posts but here's also hoping they've changed that dreadful studio set as well...

It would be interesting to see something like a Secret Story set with the stage in the center with the audience surrounding it and then a catwalk leading to the front door...

765e5fa794efcc265b784a883055135251b239acd090d.jpg

Last edited:
Looks quite industrial - far more interesting than the cast anyway. I'm not expecting huge changes to the layout but we'll see what tomorrow brings - to be honest downstairs is fine but I wasn't a fan of the bedroom/bathroom wing last year - think they could do something more interesting with that.

Agree the studio could do with a bit of a makeover too - always been a fan of the Secret Story Studio (that's not easy to type either!) but not sure that would work here. Not expecting much to change though, but even if they kept the same backdrop but moved the stage into the middle it would probably work much better.

Last edited:
Looks quite industrial - far more interesting than the cast anyway. I'm not expecting huge changes to the layout but we'll see what tomorrow brings - to be honest downstairs is fine but I wasn't a fan of the bedroom/bathroom wing last year - think they could do something more interesting with that.

Agree the studio could do with a bit of a makeover too - always been a fan of the Secret Story Studio (that's not easy to type either!) but not sure that would work here. Not expecting much to change though, but even if they kept the same backdrop but moved the stage into the middle it would probably work much better.

Steampunk is the first thing that comes to mind... I'm not sure why I'm bothered by the house considering I've got on BBUK about changing for the sake of changing... I suppose the fact that the American BB has sat defiantly stagnant for so many years might have something to do with it...

As for the studio I'm not so sure I would back down from that one... BBUS pretty much owns that set up now... They Canadian set has always looked cheap while Julies studio looks sleek and much better design overall... The only thing it's really lacking is an audience... The point I guess I was trying to get at is I'd like to see something that can act as a grander entrance/exit to the house and can create more of an atmosphere in the studio...

Steampunk is exactly how they describe it. No changes in layout for the house, but it looks so different to last year:

https://bigbrothercanada.globaltv.com/theshow/photos/a-look-inside-the-bbcan3-house/

I like that they stepped up the design element but I can't help but feel disappointed... To me this house wreaks of effort... I can only imagine how this series is going to turn out considering how generic everything else has been so far... I think they've made it pretty clear so far that it's business as usual this season...

Last edited:
I love the format of BBCAN/US, but I would go crazy living in that house. Waaaaay too much going on for my liking. Although I've always thought steampunk is a pretty cool art direction so I'm glad it got used.

I've warmed up to the house the longer they are in there - at first it was just too way over the top for me ... but now I'm starting to actually love it ...
Watching the latest eviction show it really struck me what a great backdrop the entrance/exit is and how boring the BBAU stage was
Watching Graig trying to turn the wheels on the walls in the passage leading into the Diary Room made me wonder if something like that be what makes the new secret veto appear in the HN room ... he's the only one that has seemed to be thinking of finding function in the form of the house ... but then he WAS feeling desparate ...

There is one thing which really annoys me though everytime they use the Vault - that access pad they've left there from the challenge on day 1. It's only been used to access the Vault then, so why leave it. It winds me up everytime the HGs have to walk around it to get to the Vault.

There is one thing which really annoys me though everytime they use the Vault - that access pad they've left there from the challenge on day 1. It's only been used to access the Vault then, so why leave it. It winds me up everytime the HGs have to walk around it to get to the Vault.

Haha, as obsessive as that sounds, I totally agree. :tongue:

Back