Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 9 - begins March 3rd

As an executive producer, Cox will now play a critical role in all storytelling aspects of Big Brother Canada. In partnership with Brock and the other executive producers, Cox’s responsibilities now include key creative input on the show’s real-time storylines, casting and outreach, and increasing BIPOC representation across the board, among others.

The French version of Big Brother is returning in Canada with a celebrity edition. It aired in Quebec as Loft Story for 6 years in the noughties, then one series as Big Brother where it had a poor mix of the US and international rules which didn't work at all and got pulled, and hasn't aired since the English version begain in 2013.

BIG BROTHER CELEBRITIES is coming to Noovo this winter!
- August 24, 2020

Montreal, Monday, August 24, 2020 - This winter on Noovo , local personalities will compete in the Quebec adaptation of BIG BROTHER CÉLÉBRITÉS. Their goal? Trying to create alliances and strategies that will lead them to the end of the game of the famous franchise which is hugely successful all over the world. Coming from all walks of the public sphere, participants will experience the adventure of a lifetime. One thing is for sure, expect the unexpected and never seen on TV in BIG BROTHER's house! Living under the same roof, the players, in addition to being fine strategists, will all have to win various events in order to reach the end of the adventure. Their psychological, physical and social skills will be tested to obtain and accumulate privileges and not be forced out of the house. At the end,a handful of competitors will be named finalists and only one will win the coveted title of winner of BIG BROTHER CELEBRITIES following a vote of excluded participants. Who knew best how to play their cards? Distributed by Endemol Shine North America, the BIG BROTHER format has been adapted in 60 markets, broadcast in 80 countries, with more than 470 seasons and almost 30,000 episodes. BIG BROTHER continues to reinvent itself with eight return deals over the past 12 months, made in major markets such as the Netherlands and Australia, after several years of absence. In Quebec, Entourage Television will produce BIG BROTHER CÉLÉBRITÉS. Stay tuned to discover the participants made up of artists, athletes, influencers or other famous personalities who will take part in BIG BROTHER CÉLÉBRITÉS,as well as the person who will animate it!

I would assume this will have it's own house in Quebec.

Let’s hope not... IMO the little we got of that season should be locked way and never spoken about again.
I’m currently re-watching season 1 and I forgot how much I enjoyed it (bar the decision to bring back Gary). Haven’t seen any other season in full since, but I hear seasons 2 and 5 are top tier. So I’m hoping to catch up before season 9 premieres.

It confused me when I saw it, I thought it might have been an old promo from last year.
I get the angle they’re going for... It’s just a poor choice.
I’m currently re-watching season 1 and I forgot how much I enjoyed it (bar the decision to bring back Gary). Haven’t seen any other season in full since, but I hear seasons 2 and 5 are top tier. So I’m hoping to catch up before season 9 premieres.
BB4 is much better IMO than BB2 or BB5. Tim and Nikki add some much needed personality and unpredictability.

What I saw of BB5 annoyed me... It almost never fails that when it’s a newbie vs returning players the newbies are specifically cast to be manipulated by the returning players rather than actual competitors.

The winner of that series actually exposes a major fault in the format as well in that each series is essentially just a repeat of the past. They were able to leverage their knowledge of past trends to advance through the game. It’s a fair strategy from a players perspective but exposes what little actual effort goes in to executing a series from a production standpoint. Also with an emphasis on gameplay rather than characters it’s extremely dull as a long time viewer.

Of the BB8 cast Brooke and Sheldon probably the only ones who had interesting game play. Ming and Jamal were great characters too, but they won't recast the latter considering they (unjustly) chucked him out.

God, that's only two weeks away. We'll probably get cast and house info next week.

I don't pay too much attention to the wording used in promos - I doubt "House of Champions" will be a house of BB winners, mainly as they've only had 7. It may be "Champions" in the Aus Survivor sense, but more of the unknown type rather than mini-celebrities.

@the Theorist promo really isn’t giving much other than ZOMG BEST SEASON EVER! and YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE IT! vibes.

The only real impression I’m getting is that they’re planning on picking up where S8 left off. Likely some returning players and newbies. I’m not so willing to give in to the idea that “champions” has much to do with anything other than it being a buzz word.

Not sure if it’s the COVID blues talking but I’m really not feeling this season at all.

That's a really short build up to be launching in less than 2 weeks. I do agree with Kingston - the promos sound kind of empty with phrases like "cast of champions", and I'm not sure picking up where they left off is what viewers really want. They auditioned, so presumably they're not relying solely on ex-contestants, so a BB8 v All Stars type scenario seems unlikely.

Back