Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia's greatest moments ever.

Sheep

Awesome site donor
Found this just now, if you haven't seen it already you might find it interesting. I have put the links to the youtube videos below the descriptions. Alternatively just go directly to the website where all the videos are embedded.

Any others you can think of?

**WARNING - CONTAINS SPOILERS (seasons 1,2,3,4,5 and 6).**

Sara Marie's Bum Dance
Let's kick things off with a classic. Sara Marie's bum dance was the thing that united our country and made us all love Big Brother. Footage of the first season is hard to come by, but we found this montage to the show's theme song. Those bunny ears were everywhere in 2001.
Video.

Jess and Marty hook up -- even though he has a girlfriend
Jess and Marty had a beautiful love story in the second season of BB. They hooked up on the show, although we're pretty sure he was 19 and she was much older. He also had a girlfriend outside the house, who was apparently devastated by their hook up. Then they got married on their own reality show. Unfortunately they ended up getting divorced. Who would have thought a reality show romance wouldn't last?
Video.

Belinda reveals her sibling was involved in a murder
Remember Belinda? In the first few weeks of season three (the boring one with two houses) she got drunk and revealed that her younger sibling had been involved in a murder. They can cut that out right? Wrong. There were live feeds from the house on the website, and people actually watched them. This ended in a massive meltdown on the BB website, and the message boards were shut down. Belinda later left the show voluntarily.
Video.

Bree Accidentally Gets Eliminated
In season four BB made a big mistake. Bree was accidentally evicted, because of a mistake in the voting. She went through the entire eviction process, was interviewed by Gretel on stage, and then later got told she had to go back into the house. Awkward.
Video.

Merlin Tries To Free The Refugees
No one ever really thought BB was the place for a political statement. Until Merlin came along in season four. He stunned the entire country when he whipped out a homemade sign moments before he hit the eviction stage, and then refused to talk to Gretel. This was live TV at its best. Merlin later told George Negus, "One is that it was a silent protest to symbolise the fact that refugees in Australia don't have a voice. And they feel that desperation and that helplessness to the point where they stitch their lips together. The other thing was that there was 3,000 people chanting "Loser!" in my face so it wasn't really an appropriate forum to have a discussion about the issue I felt strongly about. And in reality, Gretel would have let me say two things and then asked me who my favourite housemate was."
Video.

The Twin Swap -- Logan Greg and Logan David
The fifth season of the show had a great twist. Identical twins. Competing as one contestant. They had to secretly swap places, and went to extreme lengths to try and look even more identical. Unfortunately they were discovered after one of them injured himself, and the housemates realised that the bandages of the other twin didn't match. Then both got to stay in the house, and in the end Logan Greg won the prize money.
Video.

Secret Mother And Daughter
In 2006 BB took the secret thing to a new level. A secret mum and daughter, who also had matching breast implants. They managed to go pretty much undetected, and their secret got revealed after a few weeks. Mum Karen didn't last too long, but Krystal stuck around for ages and ended up having a great career in Australian men's magazines. Here they are with Anna having a massive fight over house issues. Game on moles.
Video.

BB tries to pretend that Michael kissed David
Things got crazy after BB tried to imply that Michael and David in season 6 had secretly kissed in the bathroom. This lead to an amazing show down between Gretel and Michael after he was evicted, where Michael accused the show of creating the incident out of nothing. Watch the original footage and the insane argument with Gretel above.
Video of "kiss".
Michael argues with Gretel.

Hotdogs
He came into the house with his own ridiculous nickname -- Hotdogs. He's possibly the most joked about contestant ever. There's not much you can say about this guy, except he had terrible hair.
Video.

Sexual assault incidents
BB had a few problems with sexual assault. The first occurred in 2005, when one housemate gave another a massage with his male private parts exposed. The second was the infamous turkey slap. John held Camilla down while Ashley rubbed his genitals in her face. The incident never made it to air, but those infamous live streams struck again. John and Ashley were evicted pretty much straight away, and everyone in the country including John Howard condemned the show.
John Howard Condemns the show.
Video.

Source.

Series 3 is the "boring one with two houses"? Really? And I wouldn't call the turkey slap one of BB's greatest moments.

Series 3 is the "boring one with two houses"? Really? And I wouldn't call the turkey slap one of BB's greatest moments.

Disagreeing with someone elses opinion driven list really is the most pointless thing you can do. There were some moments in there I had never seen so I found it pretty interesting.

Last edited:
The turkey slap incident was literally the beginning of the end for BB on channel Ten. Maybe this Article should of been called "Huge moments from Big Brother Australia" not "Big Brother Australia's greatest moments ever." because the turkey slap was certainty not a great moment.

Disagreeing with someone elses 'best' list really is the most pointless thing you can do. There were some moments in there I had never seen so I found it pretty interesting.

The turkey slap incident was literally the beginning of the end for BB on channel Ten. Maybe this Article should of been called "Huge moments from Big Brother Australia" not "Big Brother Australia's greatest moments ever." because the turkey slap was certainty not a great moment.

You guys seem to be confusing the definition of "great" for "best". They are not synonyms so I'm not sure why you two are adding a positive implication to it.

Ever heard of the "Great Depression" or the "Great War"?

Never heard of it....

Even so, you get my point. The word 'great' has no positive slant to it; it is more like "big", "immense" or "huge" (size related). And I am sure you wouldn't argue that the Turkey Slap was a 'big' event.

Even so, you get my point. The word 'great' has no positive slant to it; it is more like "big", "immense" or "huge" (size related). And I am sure you wouldn't argue that the Turkey Slap was a 'big' event.

Apparently you though I was serious but anyway I still disagree with the title of the article.

Apparently you though I was serious but anyway I still disagree with the title of the article.

If you really think that then you simply misunderstand the meaning of the word (but I suspect it is just stubbornness). Also, if you are going to revert to sarcasm because you have no foundation for your argument, then don't be surprised if people can't tell it apart in a text based environment (like a forum). That's on you, not me.

If you really think that then you simply misunderstand the meaning of the word (but I suspect it is just stubbornness). Also, if you are going to revert to sarcasm because you have no foundation for your argument, then don't be surprised if people can't tell it apart in a text based environment (like a forum). That's on you, not me.

Are you still going on about this....

Um...since when was the housemate Hotdogs one of BB's "greatest moments"? :confused: That's what you call clutching at straws...

Um...since when was the housemate Hotdogs one of BB's "greatest moments"? :confused: That's what you call clutching at straws...

You guys are worrying too much about what should and shouldn't be on a greatest list. Just take this for what it is, some videos you may or may not be interested in.

If it helps, just pretend it is called "List of stuff".

You guys are worrying too much about what should and shouldn't be on a greatest list. Just take this for what it is, some videos you may or may not be interested in.

If it helps, just pretend it is called "List of stuff".
The article was just written by an idiot, that's all. :)

My personal favourites

David: I'M OUT BIG BROTHER, I'M OUT!

The first ever friday night games

Aleisha & Michelle's argument in 07

When the wall was taken down that separated the 03 houses.

When they decided to purposely fail the weekly task in 02

Joanne's massive eviction percentage

When Bree was accidentally evicted (already mentioned)

My personal favourites

David: I'M OUT BIG BROTHER, I'M OUT!

The first ever friday night games

Aleisha & Michelle's argument in 07

When the wall was taken down that separated the 03 houses.

When they decided to purposely fail the weekly task in 02

Joanne's massive eviction percentage

When Bree was accidentally evicted (already mentioned)

Would it be difficult for you to find videos for some of those? They sound interesting.

Some of them would be easy. I can try
Thanks!

For anyone interested here is the classic Dick vs Jen cigarette fight from USBB 8.
[video=youtube;P0wylc9ELqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0wylc9ELqI[/video]

Back