Skip to main content

BIG BROTHER: ALL STARS - Who would you cast?

Wozniacki

N. O. FULL. STOP.
Who would you cast for an All Stars Bug Brother edition?

For me I wouldnt cast any winners or anyone who got really famous after (christie, fitzy) so going that tim will win this year, I would cast..

Sara Marie, Paul Dyer, Michael Mccoy, Camilla, David, Bree, Briggite, Estelle, Tully, Tahan, Nobbi, Zach, Vesna

The thing about doing a Big Brother All Stars series for AU is that you can't help but wonder if it would be interesting to watch for a long period of time - we've seen them already, so are we compelled to watch them again? BB All Stars in the US is one thing: the format is completely different and relies almost wholly on strategy and has little to nothing to do with the public most of the time, so you can watch people make deals with each other and really just act like generally terrible people and it's great television.

But in Australia? In the UK? Maybe for, like, the equivalent of a celebrity edition for maybe one month? In any case -- if they ever did attempt to do something like this (maybe when the show is on its last legs, as a final farewell), I'd hope we'd get a mix of big personalities and modest but likable personalities. As much as people go on about how much they like Reggie, imagine a house full of twelve to fourteen Reggies. Or even Sara Marie. The modest personalities help to balance out the large personalities so that the show still feels relatable to a degree.

Assuming they had twelve slots to fill -- no, fourteen -- here would be my ideal lineup:

Sarah Marie. Reggie. Paul. Jess. Michael (BB6). Camilla. Vesna. Layla. Zach. Daniel (BB3). Bradley (only because I'm sure he'd be a likable candidate for people - not because he'd be interesting; and you need at least one reasonably likable person). Nobbi (BB8 -- for obvious reasons). Brigitte. Blair (because there has to be at least one piece of blatant and obnoxious eye-candy to round out the inevitable formula).

And for an intruder, throw in Tim (BB10) for good measure just to piss them all off.

The thing about doing a Big Brother All Stars series for AU is that you can't help but wonder if it would be interesting to watch for a long period of time - we've seen them already, so are we compelled to watch them again? BB All Stars in the US is one thing: the format is completely different and relies almost wholly on strategy and has little to nothing to do with the public most of the time, so you can watch people make deals with each other and really just act like generally terrible people and it's great television.

But in Australia? In the UK? Maybe for, like, the equivalent of a celebrity edition for maybe one month? In any case -- if they ever did attempt to do something like this (maybe when the show is on its last legs, as a final farewell), I'd hope we'd get a mix of big personalities and modest but likable personalities. As much as people go on about how much they like Reggie, imagine a house full of twelve to fourteen Reggies. Or even Sara Marie. The modest personalities help to balance out the large personalities so that the show still feels relatable to a degree.

Assuming they had twelve slots to fill -- no, fourteen -- here would be my ideal lineup:

Sarah Marie. Reggie. Paul. Jess. Michael (BB6). Camilla. Vesna. Layla. Zach. Daniel (BB3). Bradley (only because I'm sure he'd be a likable candidate for people - not because he'd be interesting; and you need at least one reasonably likable person). Nobbi (BB8 -- for obvious reasons). Brigitte. Blair (because there has to be at least one piece of blatant and obnoxious eye-candy to round out the inevitable formula).

And for an intruder, throw in Tim (BB10) for good measure just to piss them all off.

I would love to Sarah Marie on again - that would be my favourite and also chuck in Reggie. And if they were to chuck in Paul (dreadlock Paul), Tim would be fun against him - he will totally sizzles and deflate against Paul.....and for absolute fun - chuck Ed in - and watch him totally self-destruct against these characters. If he has problems with Tim, he will just die when he comes up against Paul.

It would be interesting to do an 'international' all-stars (US, Canada, UK & AU only, though) which would be broadcast in those countries.

Geez ... so hard to remember everybody. Wish there was a list with all their photos.

I'd go Sarah Marie (S1), Chrissie Swan and Daniel (S3) and Ben (S3) for a bad guy,dreadlock Paul, Fitzy (coz I loved "Root Man"), Tim (geeky, chaser boys mate), Camilla and Michael (S6) Michael as another bad guy. Aleisha and Zak from (S7). Ben and Michael from last year, Tahan, Tim and Mikkayla from this year.

Wish I had a better memory

Geez ... so hard to remember everybody. Wish there was a list with all their photos.

I'd go Sarah Marie (S1), Chrissie Swan and Daniel (S3) and Ben (S3) for a bad guy,dreadlock Paul, Fitzy (coz I loved "Root Man"), Tim (geeky, chaser boys mate), Camilla and Michael (S6) Michael as another bad guy. Aleisha and Zak from (S7). Ben and Michael from last year, Tahan, Tim and Mikkayla from this year.

Wish I had a better memory

Leah from 03 would get along well with Tim

Picking 14 people that would make an entertaining house full of drama and weirdness (not necessarily my favourites).

Sara-Marie (1)
Jess (2)
Reggie (3)
Paul (4)
Tim (5)
Vesna (5)
Hotdogs (5)
Michael (6)
Farmer Dave (6)
Zach (7)
Nobbi (8)
Bradley (9)
Estelle (9)
Tim (10)

As much as I'd love to see BBAU: All-Stars, it would be executed terribly. You just know the current producers will pick the OTT usual suspects like Paul and Fitzy and Bradley, and those kind of people don't make for great television when you put them all together. You'd need at least half of the cast to be people like Catherine and Zoran and Cherry to balance it out, and that will never happen.

Awesome idea for a thread.
Why hasn't anyone said Merlin yet? It would be so funny to see Sonia's reaction if he did another "Free th refugees" thing.

For me I wouldnt cast any winners or anyone who got really famous after (christie, fitzy) so going that tim will win this year, I would cast..

Sara Marie, Paul Dyer, Michael Mccoy, Camilla, David, Bree, Briggite, Estelle, Tully, Tahan, Nobbi, Zach, Vesna

Well you need to take Sara Marie out then, as she became famous after. And Tully is infamous (but whether her fame lasts remains to be seen).

Tim, Drew, Aleisha, Zach, Estelle, Chrissie, Camilla, David, Vesna, Michael, Bree and Bridget would be an interesting mix for me.

Tim, Drew, Aleisha, Zach, Estelle, Chrissie, Camilla, David, Vesna, Michael, Bree and Bridget would be an interesting mix for me.

Apparently Drew and Estelle know each other, and Estelle has the hots for Drew (according to some Tully fans)

Not bad. Add Surfer Paul, Tim, Fitzy.

Apparently Drew and Estelle know each other, and Estelle has the hots for Drew (according to some Tully fans)

Oh wow, I didn't know they knew each other. The amount of housemates that know each other is crazy. I knew she had a crush on him. Throw Tully and Madeline into that house too, and I'd love to watch the bitch fights over him.

I wouldn't have an All Star show, instead I'd take the first one evicted from each series and see how they go.

Sara Marie2001, Nathan 2002, Reggie2003, Chrissie2003, Paul2004, Fitzy2004, Vesna2005, Tim2005, Camilla 2006, Michael2006, Zach2007, Briggite2008, Ben2012, Estelle2012, Tahan2013, Tim2013.

8 boys, 8 girls.

That would be the most annoying and uninteresting group of people. They go first for a reason.

Although - back when it was vote to evict that wouldn't have been the case.

I think you could get a few diverse people in there based on that idea.

I know he's not very popular on his forum, but I would like to see Ben from this year return. I started watching in 2006, so I can only name housemates from then on so: Camilla & David from 06, Zach from 07, Ben & Travis & Nobbi from 08, Estelle & Michael from 2012 and either Tim or Tahan from this year (whoever doesn't win)

Although - back when it was vote to evict that wouldn't have been the case.

I think you could get a few diverse people in there based on that idea.

I forgot about that, come to think of it that would be okay. I'd hate to see the save to evict first housemates in it though.

Back