Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

If I remember also that a few weeks or months before the launch it was dubbed on TV guides and websites as being called that. And that’s when people started to think that it was gonna be like secret strory in France.

It was the rumoured from the start... Nine even aired a promo for 2012 with Big Brother: Secrets in it...

I guess the Revolution tagline was aimed at advertisers more than viewers - they're trying to sell advertising to buyers by convincing them the show is all new and doesn't come with the burdens of the Big Brother brand, whilst of course they're largely trying to convince viewers to watch Big Brother as although it may be different, it is the show you love.

It was the rumoured from the start... Nine even aired a promo for 2012 with Big Brother: Secrets in it...
Correct they ran a promo sting with the Secrets tagline on it, as well as a network lineup for 2012 promo.

These didn't last long however it was only for the initial announcement period. IUt also included a reworking of the 2005-2007 eye.
Beyond this they dropped it along with the eye.

The taglines as others and yourself have mentioned are usually to try and differentiate the program for the past series etc. and they get dropped because it becomes redundant. Or in some cases - i.e Underbelly where they change the name of the program to receive government funding for the production, they usually do this to get around episode count requirements to receive this funding.

Maybe this was an attempt for them at the time? Probably unlikely though.

"Big Brother:
Secrets
Eviction"

Its too wordy. I'm glad they dropped it.

TV Blackbox has reported the first viewing of Ep 1 with those outside the immediate production team at Endemol didn't go down well today/yesterday, and have recruited extra editing talent from Masterchef and Ninja Warrior to help cut it... thoughts? Surprised it's this late in the game and 7 still haven't (apparently) seen it. Would also assume they'd be doing some form of audience testing which also doesn't seem to be happening.

You'd honestly think they would've been better off editing a rough cut of Ep 1 shortly after it was made to allow for appropriate adjustments to storyline/gameplay whilst filming was ongoing...

TV Blackbox has reported the first viewing of Ep 1 with those outside the immediate production team at Endemol didn't go down well today/yesterday, and have recruited extra editing talent from Masterchef and Ninja Warrior to help cut it... thoughts? Surprised it's this late in the game and 7 still haven't (apparently) seen it. Would also assume they'd be doing some form of audience testing which also doesn't seem to be happening.

You'd honestly think they would've been better off editing a rough cut of Ep 1 shortly after it was made to allow for appropriate adjustments to storyline/gameplay whilst filming was ongoing...
It's pooch perfect all over again

They reported that executives had seen the first episode a few weeks ago and it went down very well IIRC??? What's up @Blackbox ?

They reported that executives had seen the first episode a few weeks ago and it went down very well IIRC??? What's up @Blackbox ?
Maybe they were talking about executives at the production company?

I'm finding it hard to figure out how these daily shows will work. If every episode is an eviction, they would have to do the nomination and veto competition all in one episode. Or will they do it survivor style with two teams competing against each other and the losing team votes each other out? I remember hearing about 3 people being nominated somewhere though...

It doesn't leave much breathing space to get to know these housemates outside the game. If you don't care about the characters, it's not going to make it very exciting. I know the US do "fast forward" episodes, but that's when the finish line is in sight so the characters are well established. I can't imagine it working for every episode.

Look. We are glad its back.
But it aint gonna be anything like weve seen before.
Enjoy it for what it will be.
Nothing much but better than nothing.

True, but I think they have to give nominees a fighting chance. Some of the most exciting moments in BB US/Canada have been winning the veto and flipping the house!

IMO with thee nominees the traditional veto doesn’t make sense as it results in too many nominees and would just result in a pawn going up in place. The best would be to have the three nominees compete for safety from nomination and the remaining two left up facing the eviction vote.

I really question their logic in making the winner of the games nominate three people. If I was in there I would be reluctant going for HOH cause three people is alot of people to piss off. Two seems ok, but three's abit much. My concern is this will lead to boring, reluctant gameplay.

On the plus side if we don't have a veto, we will hopefully get to see more general convo/character development of hm's. Cause if they had the veto they'd need to show the convo surrounding it.

I really question their logic in making the winner of the games nominate three people. If I was in there I would be reluctant going for HOH cause three people is alot of people to piss off. Two seems ok, but three's abit much. My concern is this will lead to boring, reluctant gameplay.

Agreed... I’d only use three nominees in the event you have a second person who’s able to nominate. Ideally this would take the form of the public awarding the power to make this nomination.

On the plus side if we don't have a veto, we will hopefully get to see more general convo/character development of hm's. Cause if they had the veto they'd need to show the convo surrounding it.

Hmmm... I guess that’s a positive but it’s not the most exciting in terms of gameplay.

Back