Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

In terms of public involvement, yes it’s a great element. But I’ve never bothered to vote cause I know my vote will barely do anything.

I think back then in ch 10 era public voting/involvement was massive but it does seem to have aged.

And I believe networks can get third parties(?) to vote in order to get an outcome they want. At least with strategy you know that people are going who are actually meant to be going.

Yes I’m happy 10 has casted with an average age of 30. But does anyone have any idea what there motives for actually doing this were?

I thought they were trying to skew in a younger demo.

Yes I’m happy 10 has casted with an average age of 30. But does anyone have any idea what there motives for actually doing this were?

I thought they were trying to skew in a younger demo.
7 isn't great at getting their ideas together. Although there's reports they've poached Love Island Australia from 9 so maybe they backtracked on their goal to make this Big Brother reboot aimed at teenagers and instead tried to make it a one-up to MAFS combined with Survivor.

I actually think axing the weekly vote will do more good than bad for the show. It sounds silly but television audiences are getting more and more passive as the years go on, it's super smart for them to make watching the show as effortless as possible.

Correct. I think we all need to accept that the golden age of Big Brother where ratings were in the millions and housemates were swamped in the street are well and truely over. 15 years ago there was no YouTube, Netflix, Stan, or Facebook so entertainment choices were more limited. 15 years ago there was no #metoo movement so sexual misconduct was more acceptable. 15 years ago there were no SUV driving soccer mums who had their 3 kids enrolled in 3 different extra curricular activities so families had more leisure time to watch TV. Its time to move on.

What ever happened to the show originally being called 'Big Brother: Revolution'??
image bb revolution.jpg
They dropped the original eye logo aswell.. I'm personally happy they did. The name seemed too gimmicky and I wasn't a fan of the original eye design. They were probs just developmental ideas/promotional material?

What ever happened to the show originally being called 'Big Brother: Revolution'??
View attachment 55320
They dropped the original eye logo aswell.. I'm personally happy they did. The name seemed too gimmicky and I wasn't a fan of the original eye design. They were probs just developmental ideas/promotional material?

Clearly it was just a working title... I’m actually mildly disappointed they dropped it as to me it helps set this series apart from those of the past.

IIRC, each housemate had a secret - one a millionaire etc - but it was only a week or two into the season when it all was revealed. So it wasn't a series-long concept.

View attachment 55320
AFAIK the "Revolution" branding was only used in the original set of promo stuff when the revival was officially confirmed and wasn't seen after that.

I'm guessing that it was dropped because shows in AU only seem to give their shows a subtitle in reference to a theme the season is taking, which could lead people to believe that the new format was a "just for this season" type of thing rather than being seen as a permanent evolution of the show's format going forward.

If I remember correctly they ran one promo with it and quickly changed course...
If I remember also that a few weeks or months before the launch it was dubbed on TV guides and websites as being called that. And that’s when people started to think that it was gonna be like secret strory in France.

Back