Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

Hmmm not sure about housemates being revealed prior to first episode airing, that’s a huge part of the fun of the premiere.

With a live series I agree, but I think a pre-reveal works better with this format. You could perhaps create hype that way if you do it early enough, otherwise I think the info could potentially leak.

Didn't they use to show you some of the housemates before the old big brother Australia series?
They sometimes did voice clips, shadows with question marks over them, glimpses of an eye or mouth. I could also be making all of this up my memory is shocking 😂

Didn't they use to show you some of the housemates before the old big brother Australia series?
I'm pretty sure for 2008, 2013 and 2014 they all promoted four hm's before launch.

I know in US/Can they reveal all the hm's before launch, I think a week or two before and they do interviews with them. I think pre-reveal of hm's works better in this format, just wonder how many they'll do. Do agree it's good to create hype and it suits the game format.

On another note, if a second series were to go forward I would want them to copy something they've done in the US, allow one hm to play two series consecutively. I just think it spices things up abit and allows for hm's to become iconic. They've did it with Rachel Rielly and Paul Abrahamian i'm pretty sure and it allowed us to see different sides of them and in my opinion it allowed them to take their place in bb royalty.

They don’t seem to be on trend anymore, but I love a good opening title sequence and theme song...
Agreed, opening titles have seem to gone out of fashion.

If they were to do opening titles, the housemates shown with their names exactly like bbcan is the route they should take for this format.

As much as i'd love to see original bb theme return, it would not suit at all for this format. A remix that is not futuristic or crazy could work. Big brother Cananda and Serbia have amazing theme songs. Serbia's is dark and scary imo and it really sements bb as an authority figure who is powerful. Imo if they did titles they should definitly look at these countries for inspiration. Imo US theme song is horrible and does not suit the show at all.

One thing Nine did right was the titles for their second series which did include the housemates, and managed to do it briefly rather than having an intro that went on for a minute or so. Rewatching the early Canadian series emphasises how important an intro is - there is easily 30 seconds to cut from any reality show now just from the recaps to make space for it and it just eases you into the show so nicely.

Wonder if there will be opening titles this year...

I predict they'll just have a title card (like MAFS), with maybe a few seconds of glitches and graphics before hand. No music.
Typically I would hate this, I've always been fond of the opening sequence and music, but seeing as this is a completely different BB I'm very meh about it.

People on IG are saying he’s on an abc show called think tank? Did we ever verify that all of the contestants will be “known” in some capacity? The footy player, this bloke, mummy blogger, all so far appear to have some sort of existing “audience”.

20 housemates? They must have been evicting them every second of third day considering they didn't film for that long.

If the show lasts around 6-8 weeks with 2 housemates in the final. Then 2 housemates will be going every week. Remember that this season Big Brother is likely to be only on for 3-4 days instead of the usual 6 like when it was on Ten/Nine.

Back