Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

Just saw this on the 7plus website - The show is returning in June!

It all sounds like the usual spin. :rolleyes:

"The thrilling new era of Big Brother begins with a dynamic new house full of incredible surprises, new rules designed to create show-stopping twists and a new generation of unique."

www.bigbrother.com.au now redirects to the 7Plus BB page

Last edited:
IMO they’ve gone with a “The Circle” vibe with this aesthetic in the promo/series in general - inclusive of futuristic design and colours, the long camera pans, the overt references to the cameras which are all show in a big way and the BB voice reminiscent of the electronic audio tones of the voice from The Circle.

Last edited:
IMO they’ve gone with a “The Circle” vibe with this aesthetic in the promo - inclusive of futuristic design and colours, the long camera pans, the overt references to the cameras which are all show in a big way and the BB voice reminiscent of the electronic audio tones of the voice from The Circle.
Which I’m not mad about, FYI. I got sucked right into The Circle, unexpectedly mind you.

Not a lot of visible 1 way glass hiding camera runs! Makes me think its a cost cutting measure so they don't have to hire the staff? Or relying more on surveillance style cameras that the control room can control?

Not a lot of visible 1 way glass hiding camera runs! Makes me think its a cost cutting measure so they don't have to hire the staff? Or relying more on surveillance style cameras that the control room can control?
Hothead pan and tilt cameras have really upped in their quality in recent years, they're using Panasonic made ones which are the same ones The Circle uses in the apartments.

For me the Big Brother voice in the promo sounds like it could be a male version of Lana's voice from Too Hot to Handle.

Last edited:
It all sounds like the usual spin. :rolleyes:

"The thrilling new era of Big Brother begins with a dynamic new house full of incredible surprises, new rules designed to create show-stopping twists and a new generation of unique."

www.bigbrother.com.au now redirects to the 7Plus BB page

What did you want them to say?

"This is going to be a truly awful season of big brother. You should watch something on Netflix."

Look, the promo is banging, and the voice is cooool. It sounds like what a real orwellian BB would sound like; mysterious, confident, somewhat machine like.
The ONLY thing that's hindering my excitement and the ONLY thing that's stopping me from calling this thing Big Brother is that it's not live.
It really is just another reality game show.
I really do hope that this season does well, and the success convinces 7 and endemol to do it live next year.
Time will tell. The only people we can REALLY give any credit to right now is the marketing team. Bravo.

Surprised at the love of the voice - I hate it and think it is so weak. First thought is "you're not Big Brother". TBH if they go down a similar editing route to North America I don't think the voice will be heard much anyway.

Things have moved on in the 20 years since Big Brother began - camera runs with two way mirrors were used back then because that was the best way to get broadcast quality footage, whilst BBAU were pretty much the only version to ditch in-house cameras - most versions felt having visible cameras added to the concept.

Nowadays pretty much all revivals in the last couple of years have ditched camera runs and just used remote cameras, often in pre-existing houses rather than building something new, as that's the best way to film nowadays. Almost all newer reality shows including The Circle, Love Island and the crap MTV and now Netflix are churning out are the same too.

Last edited:
Just saw this on the 7plus website - The show is returning in June!

jkpElYS.png
Who Wins? You Decide!
They can't even get one of Big Brother's most famous lines correct.

The house looks sick. I'm really impressed. Love all the cool lighting effects they're showing off.

I was a bit wtf with the voiceover at first, but after watching it a couple of times I don't mind it. It's different to what we've had before, like others have said he has that 'dystopian' quality.

No... They're referring to the Kris Noble era voice. Leon Murray was the main voice starting in 2008.

Thanks.

I knew Leon Murray didn't start until then but couldn't remember the name of the one after Peter Abbott.

Peter Abbot (01-03)
Kris Noble (04-07)
Leon Murray (08, 12-14)

Thanks.

I knew Leon Murray didn't start until then but couldn't remember the name of the one after Peter Abbott.

Peter Abbot (01-03)
Kris Noble (04-07)
Leon Murray (08, 12-14)

Kris Noble was the EP for those series. Unlike Peter Abbot I don't think he was the voice of BB as well.

Back